• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Technological Advancement

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
You know, as I looked back at Sinnoh from Gen 4 and Unova from Gen 5, they've seemed to be more technologically advanced. However, it was not to say that the technology was advanced in Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn, but, the later generation of pokemon games seemed to be more and more technologically dependent.

I mean look: Generation I and II introduced the Power Plant facility, where they've converted the electrical currents from the water to make their own Motor Cars available. Generation II also introduced radiowaves, where it was possible for the townsfolk to listen to the radio. Team Rocket also planned to harness the power of the radio waves to force pokemon to evolve, or basically make pokemon to their bidding. Gen III had their own brand of technology too, but it wasn't as potent.

However, later on, in Generation 4, there was more research of wind power, and solar power, which helped create more products that were more energy efficient. Take a look at Sunyshore City; the city built solar panels to use for power and roads. There are suspended roads throughout the city that collect solar energy to power the city. In the Valley Windworks, the researchers harness wind energy via giant windmills and converts it into electricity. From those types of energy consumpton, they've created more ways to use their own technology such as, they've created a more technologically-dependent building for the Sinnoh League.

In Generation V, they've made more possible ways to use electricity and technology. They've made gates with electronic billboards, and more technologically-dependant cities such as Nimbasa City, Castelia city, and if you've played Pokemon Black and Pokemon Black 2, Opelucid City with it's technological appearance. Gyms seemed to be more technologically advanced too; there were statues of dragons in the Opelucid City gym where you ride on it's talons, and Driftveil's City Gym let's you ride on more elevators, and there was even roller coasters in the old Nimbasa City's gym. There was even more innovative ways to use this technology, with a new inferred system. Perhaps Generation V was more technologically dependent or advanced because Unova based off of America, but...

What would technology be like for the region of Pokemon X&Y? Would you prefer it be more technologically advanced than the previous generations? Or, would you prefer that the techology be not as advanced? Furthermore, how often should this technology be used? Would it be more dependent for cities, or would the cities be more simple? Also, where would the energy for this technology come from? Could this region run on solar panels, electrical currents, wind power, or maybe something entirely different? Do you have any other thoughts on this?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Give me more routes that are paved. Yes, I see this as a technological advancement, even if its not electronic. I loved the way Unova gave us routes that were not only actual roads, but had huge backyard areas for you to train and grind in. It felt like a world that was only developed in places absolutely necessary, leaving nature untouched and only taken advantage by those who feel in tune tune more then anyone with it, the trainers themselves. What I really want is the extension to route 23 past the gate almost everywhere, except you, know less strength puzzles. It was so refreshing to find something that for a while felt almost limitless and vast.
Abolish the HM's, now that's a technological feat. Subways taking you places like they should be, Pokemon swimming without the need of a disc, and, if god willingly, some sort of sharp object that allows you to cut down those damn trees. You see I don't mind the roadblocks HM's provide, I just hate the waste of a space the moves need and how horrible it feels to catch a Pokemon just for HM slaving.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I want it to be rural as France outside of the cities is full of nature, large rolling hills, farms, fields of lavender (I beleive that may have been what we saw in the trailer when the player was passing by some flowers) especially towards the south.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If they could make a technological advancement to abolish HMs (Or God forbid find a way to have them just be learned over instead of having to go to the Move Deleter), that would be amazing. As far as the aesthetics go for the region, I would love to see more of what Gen 5 had for the cities that you mentioned, but I'd love to see it more widespread. However, I wouldn't want it EVERYWHERE either, as no place is fully technologically advanced. If it's based on Europe, I would definitely just like some open areas/routes as well (as stated above me).

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I thought that HMs were technologically advanced in their own way. Maybe they can change them so that they can be replaced by another move, but, eh.

In any case, I was sort of betting that the technology for trainers would be at least be more advanced; like a more technological pokedex, that has more features... etc, as well as other miscellaneous stuff like a pokegear progressor, or something like that. More transportation would also be nice too; since you wouldn't have to walk around, or fly as much to reach other cities?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think part of the fun in Pokémon is all the travel though. If I can just instantly reach places with a car or something that takes out the fun in the adventure. We already have Fly that can take us to every city we've already visited, and the Bike to have us move faster. Do we really need something more than that?

As far as whatever gear we have (I guess whatever is after the C-Gear), that I'd love to see have some more functionality. I feel like we kind of regressed in a sense from the Pokétch, so have a more advanced second screen so-to-say would be a much welcomed technological advancement for X/Y.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I think part of the fun in Pokémon is all the travel though. If I can just instantly reach places with a car or something that takes out the fun in the adventure. We already have Fly that can take us to every city we've already visited, and the Bike to have us move faster. Do we really need something more than that?

True, but you have to look at limitations. Some places might be too far to walk, or maybe some are inaccessible from walking. I'm not saying that technology would completely change the way we travel, but, perhaps there are more areas that we can't naturally travel to, even with the help with our pokemon, without some assistance with technology.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
As much as I'd actually prefer that, I'd see Game Freak going the option of creating new HM moves to give us access to areas we couldn't reach before over giving us some sort of technology to get us there. The only real exception to this I can really think of was the Magnet Train getting us between Kanto and Johto faster than having to Fly somewhere and then walk manually over the rest of the way to the next region.

Back