• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Orange Generation

Should I release a beta?

• Yes

Votes: 867 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 48 5.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2007
the sreen shots look great and this looks like a good hack XD

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
What game is "orangeblue" is it the original blue or something? that was that an edit of? i need to know these things and sorry if im being dumb or noobish.

It's a hack of pokemon blue.
The current hack is kinda a remake of the blue hack.

Pokeant, any updates?

Lucas-Duo

Dawn's BF
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 10, 2008
Awesome

Dude if you dont release a beta can i please beta test this hack looks so awesome one of the best ive seen.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2011
Do you plan on including New Island from the Movie Mewtwo Strikes Back? It's southwestish of Cinnabar

*Shinigami*

死神
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2007
About your glitches

A girl is blocking your way to your rival house (she was actually lookig at the sign in Pallet Town in FR) as her position can't be moved using AdvanceMap. Can be fixed when player enter a building after looking at the trainer tips in town.

Not difficult, just really annoying.

(1) Expand the width of the map (I reccomend around 5 blocks)
(2) Open up elite map
(3) You see the little buttons one pointing north, one south one east and one west. Click on the eastwards one the same ammount of times as blocks you added. (In this case 5)
(4) Press Save
(5) go back to advance map and fill in the black gap that is now on the opposite side, and move all the events back to their proper place.
(6) Repeat this process until that girl is GONE

A glitch tree will sometimes appear in Tangelo Island. Can be cut down actually to reach the potion in FR Viridian City.

Are you sure that it isn't a tree you just haven't moved out of the way of the players view? Just find the event on Advance map and change its movement properties to 'Hidden'

~ I hope this helps! ^_^

legends

Banned
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2007
wow nice consept, nice screens and nice storyline.
I'll watch this :)

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2019
Do you plan on including New Island from the Movie Mewtwo Strikes Back? It's southwestish of Cinnabar

Hmm not really, but i could have it in the game where you could catch mewtwo. :D

About your glitches
Are you sure that it isn't a tree you just haven't moved out of the way of the players view? Just find the event on Advance map and change its movement properties to 'Hidden'

I had moved the tree away aready... however, the tree sometimes just pop out from nowhere.

Some cutting trees or Rocking Smash rocks may appear or disappear without reason... O.o
Hmm, is this is the same?

Anyway, will be posting screenshot on mikan island soon. the 2 new screenshot is on mikan gym. the mini leader is a new class. senta is cissy's brother in the anime.

Last edited:

*Shinigami*

死神
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Shinigami*
About your glitches
I had moved the tree away aready... however, the tree ometimes just pop out from nowhere.

A rather more drastic action to take may to nuke the map and start again or if its something to do with the map itself, just do it somewhere else.

Did the thing with the girl help though? ^^;;

nrox653

What should I put here...
Years
Looks like a good hack! I hope a beta release comes soon. Oh, and about that tree glitch, there's nothing you can really do to fix it, as it's been happening to me too. I think that tree has been somehow hard-coded into the map. But anyways, your hack has a great story and some cool maps.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2019
A rather more drastic action to take may to nuke the map and start again or if its something to do with the map itself, just do it somewhere else.

Did the thing with the girl help though? ^^;;

hm, i'm lzy to do it :laugh:

Looks like a good hack! I hope a beta release comes soon. Oh, and about that tree glitch, there's nothing you can really do to fix it, as it's been happening to me too. I think that tree has been somehow hard-coded into the map. But anyways, your hack has a great story and some cool maps.

it looks like it is.. seem that there is nothing we can do

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted here yet. This looks really nice I like your maps, they look really good. Keep up the good work! I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2019
i had posted screenshot on mikan island. i should be continuning the hack on friday. the 1st beta release should be release on friday if i'm not lazy:laugh:. anyway, i'll need help on a better prof. ivy overworld sprite. I also need the overworld sprite of the orange crew (minus cissy) urgently. hope that someone could help me with that.

Enjoy the game!

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
Will there be 4 new gym leaders?
Or have you found a way to make the pokemon league work with only 4 badges?

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
Hello everybody.

May I suggest NEO TEAM ROCKET as the bad guys for this game? I think it was cool since they just appear in the manga and not in the videogames.

Thanks for listening.

See ya!

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2007
is that ips file at the botom of the post the beta,... 0_o i hope it is...well *downloading*
looks good keep it up =D

Back