The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > The Team Room

Notices

The Team Room Team up, start a formation of dedicated hackers and helpers. Here, you can discuss production of hacks with other groups, or make your own hacking group (through approval processes).

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave

Advertise here

This is a RUBY hack.

....................Hello everyone, I am General Faroh of Team Discovery aka PDT. I am creating this thread not as the creator of Pokemon: Discovery, but as PDT's co-leader. I provide beta testing, ideas, resources, and now more recently I am running the Team Discussions thread. This thread is being created because PDT is seeking interested members who are looking to be apart of a team that wants to see it's project grow into something everyone can love.
....................The story in itself, will be original and never before attempted, along with many different plot elements to twist the story into a hack that will leave you wanting more! It will have you wondering what will be next, what choices will be presented to you, and most importantly: which choices will you make and how will it affect you and the gameplay in the long-run? Now all that's left is to figure out if Pokemon: Discovery is for you and if you qualify to be apart of PDT.

The following application form is set to see if you meet the standards of PDT. However, do not feel the need to overkill it since this is an application for a hack team not for a major corporation position. You may PM me or Pokemon: Discovery creator Le Pug the application form or you may post it here in the thread.

Code:
Position(s) seeking:
Code:
Past experience:
Skills:
Experience example(s) (links or pictures accepted):
Time Zone:
Availability:
Contact Information:
Short Autobiography: 

This is the list what we need and of those who are currently working on Pokemon: Discovery

What we currently need:

ASM Coder x 3
Creative Thinker (Ideas) x
Chapter Writer x 1
Helper (with anything from running programs to rating images) x
Sapper (aka Music Editor) x
Resourcer (providing valuable information or images WITH permission) x
Tileset Creator x

Team Members and Positions
Team Leader / Writer / Spriter / Tiles / Scriptwriter: Le pug
Co-leader: General Faroh
Spriter: Ace Master of Turtles
Spriter: Calamitastrophe
Spriter / Beta Tester: Ziposaki
Beta Tester: Flamebot
Beta Tester: ElitePokes
Beta Tester / Helper: Sider

Well you're going to want to know what you're working on, right? First of all, if you'd like to see the main thread, click HERE.

Story

You're an enlisted sailor in the SS Navy. Aboard the SS Eclipse, over six thousand sailors are heading to an uncharted landmass where several SS Navy vessels have gone missing. The night before, you spent a night out with the pals before

going on your first deployment on the SS Eclipse. Still sobering up, you head out of your barracks to start working.

After an encounter with the Chief of the Boat, Chief Hesarg, he explains to you the legends of "POKéMON".

After gathering an artifact that Chief Hesarg personally gifted to you, the ship experiences an unfortunate series of events:
the SS Eclipse is attacked and sank by an unknown phenomenon.
You wake up on the beaches of the uncharted land with just a few other survivors.
With hundreds lost at sea and thousands more missing in action, you start your search for other survivors who might've
ended up elsewhere on the land. It's not until you hear screams from the forests and stumble across an unknown species willing to kill for food that you truly understand the dangers of being on an uncharted faraway land.

Progression and Projects

18.5 / 100 %

Still inserting more tilesets, still have maps to do, sprite inserts, music changes, etc.

Working on implementing our LOW system (refer HERE for details)

Working on possibly implementing a food ration system

Need to insert titlescreen image

• New hero / heroine sprites

• New POKéMON trainer sprites

• New opposing team known as Renegade Company with custom sprites

• New custom updated POKéMON sprites

• Many new or updated tiles

• Food ration system
• Level of Will (LOW): Reputation of the player (Good or Bad on a scale of 0-10)
• Safari-styled battle for starter POKéMON
• Many new items, including food rations which you will need to survive
• Storyline alters to the choices you make
• Difficulty increased
• Money is scarce on an uncharted land therefore money is harder to obtain
• Usage of few Gen IV-V POKéMON
• Usage of all Gen I-III legendary POKéMON, including some secret legendary FAKéMON
• More features that you'll have to discover on your own!

You are allowed to use any or all of the following banners, badges, or affiliation material.

Contributed by Vicktor Black

Contributed by Le pug

Contributed by Le pug

Contributed by Le pug

For downloads, credits, programs used, bugs, updates, and more visit the main thread HERE

Last edited by Tcoppy; December 18th, 2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Doing my job
Old September 9th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Le pug
Creator of Pokémon: Discovery
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
All this spriting that we're doing is taking up any map-making time T_T

If there are any pre-evo's or evos you'd like to see just post a list or so, I'll see what I can do.
• Check out the most updated Emereld Decapitalization Patch around by clicking here
• Need help fixing a gross bug in your hack? Let me show you how by clicking here
Old September 10th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le pug View Post
All this spriting that we're doing is taking up any map-making time T_T

If there are any pre-evo's or evos you'd like to see just post a list or so, I'll see what I can do.
I know.

Um, at least in my opinion, I think we have the pre-evo's and evos covered.

To anyone else who wants to join, after you fill in your application, try to make a list of what fakemon pre-evo's and evo's you want.
Old September 13th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Calamitastrophe
"He's okay, I guess." -IGN

Nature: Lax
Position seeking: Spriter
Past experience: Spriting since D/P
Examples: (scratches)
Time Zone: GMT -7
Availability: A lot. I have a lot of free time. When classes start, though, I'll only be available from 2:00 PM and later. I'm also not available for a large portion of Saturday.
Contact information: Here would be best, since I rarely check e-mails and such.
Autobio: Like I said, I've been spriting since around D/P. I don't know exactly when, but that sounds like a good estimate. I've always wanted to make a hack, but there's so much to learn. So I came here to help others with theirs instead.

Last edited by Calamitastrophe; September 13th, 2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: added detail
Old September 16th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Le pug
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamitastrophe View Post
Position seeking: Spriter
Past experience: Spriting since D/P
Examples: (scratches)
Time Zone: GMT -7
Availability: A lot. I have a lot of free time. When classes start, though, I'll only be available from 2:00 PM and later. I'm also not available for a large portion of Saturday.
Contact information: Here would be best, since I rarely check e-mails and such.
Autobio: Like I said, I've been spriting since around D/P. I don't know exactly when, but that sounds like a good estimate. I've always wanted to make a hack, but there's so much to learn. So I came here to help others with theirs instead.
Images look great, I'll send you a PM now. Thanks for taking an interest in Pokemon: Discovery!
• Check out the most updated Emereld Decapitalization Patch around by clicking here
• Need help fixing a gross bug in your hack? Let me show you how by clicking here
Old October 6th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Ace_Master_of_Turtles
Just that spriting guy

Past experience: Eh uh..... none really just side work on my own project which will be a side project if i get THAT far
Skills: Spriting and Some mapping if you need that
Experience example(s) (links or pictures accepted): can i email them o whoever wants to see them , i'm pretty good not amazing but i have been doing sprite work for about a year
Time Zone: EST
Availability: I can work very often about 1-3 hours a day depending on the day
Contact Information: PM and email
Short Autobiography: Um I'm a pokemon fan who enjoys classic game better than new (i do like new games though i really do!) I'm private about personal info I like spriting and emulation on gen 3 games (that i own! i'm not a pirate!) In chat i like using emoticons :D (i also like putting things in parenthasses) oh and on a scale of serious to can't take anything seriously i'm a jokester

Last edited by Ace_Master_of_Turtles; October 6th, 2013 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Autobio
Old October 6th, 2013, 07:29 AM
ganesha
The Graphical Master

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ganesha Send a message via Yahoo to ganesha Send a message via Skype™ to ganesha
This is just a tip for the team, get a few beta testers so that you can just get some screen shoots and bugs/glitches reposted. They are very important for the team, get around 3 of them.

Old December 10th, 2013, 06:06 PM
oreo101506

Position(s) seeking: Creative Thinker, Proof Reader, Chapter Writer
Past experience: College Creative Writing courses and other English courses
Skills: Excellent writer, proof reader, and creative thinker
Experience example(s) (links or pictures accepted): I don't have any links, but I can post some samples at the bottom.
Time Zone: Central Time Zone
Availability: A few hours every day
Short Autobiography: In my free time I write, read, and play some hacks. Otherwise I am going to college for an Associates Degree, taking mostly English classes. I tend to be the proof reader of papers.

Samples:
Imagery of a man's anger and sadness as he mourns the loss of his sibling:
“A Sibling”, he paused, “but I was not aware that he would slip into a coma this day.” Blue anger caulked inside the pores of his lead bones, setting up and hardening into sloppy bubbles. Overstuffed the emotion popped out of his bones. It spilled over into his tissues and sinews, sealing them with blue venom.

I can give more information if I am considered, including examples. I am very, very excited for the project.
Old December 12th, 2013, 01:46 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Please don't post in threads like this which have been inactive for over a month.

General Pharaoh, if you would like this thread reopened, please feel free to notify DrFuji, giradialkia, or myself and we will take care of it.

Edit: Unlocked at user's request.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; December 13th, 2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old December 14th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Thank you Karatekid552
Okay, so Team Discovery really needs some people in the ASM/Debugger department, so if any of you have really good ASM skills and you want to help out with the hack, please do.
Old December 18th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Le pug
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Master_of_Turtles View Post
Past experience: Eh uh..... none really just side work on my own project which will be a side project if i get THAT far
Skills: Spriting and Some mapping if you need that
Experience example(s) (links or pictures accepted): can i email them o whoever wants to see them , i'm pretty good not amazing but i have been doing sprite work for about a year
Time Zone: EST
Availability: I can work very often about 1-3 hours a day depending on the day
Short Autobiography: Um I'm a pokemon fan who enjoys classic game better than new (i do like new games though i really do!) I'm private about personal info I like spriting and emulation on gen 3 games (that i own! i'm not a pirate!) In chat i like using emoticons :D (i also like putting things in parenthasses) oh and on a scale of serious to can't take anything seriously i'm a jokester
Sorry, didn't see your post but we spoke on IRC chat. Welcome to the team!
Old January 30th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

So, we need some overworld spriters, if any of you want to help with this hack and can provide overworld sprite skills, please tell Le Pug and/or I if you do. Thanks!

Sponsored Links

Advertise here