• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Oh, a community dex based on greek mythology? Well doesn't this seem interesting! If it's alright, I'd very much like to join in, creating Fakemon and what-have-ya is one of my favorite past time activities, so to say. I hope that it's okay for me to join? I consider myself to be pretty good at spriting and not too shabby at drawing and I can post some work of mine if you need some kind of reassurance.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Oops@ A falcon? ok cool ill start brainstorming some names.

Mr.Mammoth welcome and don't worry about proving yourself anyone can contribute to this project regardless of their drawing ability :).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh, a community dex based on greek mythology? Well doesn't this seem interesting! If it's alright, I'd very much like to join in, creating Fakemon and what-have-ya is one of my favorite past time activities, so to say. I hope that it's okay for me to join? I consider myself to be pretty good at spriting and not too shabby at drawing and I can post some work of mine if you need some kind of reassurance.

Yes! Welcome to the project Mr. Mammoth! We love it when new people can join. And heck, we always need more spriters! Just post some of your designs and jump right on in. ;)

And also a big omg. Beefy, that fighting Eevee is fantastic. I never even thought a Fighting type could look like that. It's perfect. Also, I like "Strifeon" better.

Oops, you've been added the our list of contributors. :) Now keep'em coming!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Yay, more people for the dungeon!
Welcome to our lair,Mr. Mammoth, where we hope for you to forever stay :D
@-Oops
Wow, after less than a day and you already got a Fake! I like the color scheme and the design alot, considering its a green parrot of some kind. And the shading wasn't too bad, If you look back in the early pages of this thread, mine was far worse :L

@Slenderman
I really like your Slenderman Fake!
And to expand on what BeefTaco said about it, I think the reason why it looks too "creepy" is that it looks too human. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind if you change it or not, because it looks pretty darn good already :D

@BeefTaco
I like the Eevee design. The nun-chucks for a tail was pretty creative too! But since you used a nunchuck, why not make it more "kung-fooey"? Just a suggestion though!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Forgot to mention that first post has been updated with everyone's designs and I didn't want to edit my post. :p But yeah, everything should be up now! n_n

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Alexial@ Haha thanks a bunch, I had to do a lot of thinking but for some reason the idea just popped up in my head last night.

Sunfished@ I do like my design but I don't see a problem making a more "Kung Fooey" alternate, ill post that one as well and see which one you guys like more. Also you forgot to tell me what name you like more :)

Ooops@ How about Vervian for name? Verdant+Avian

-Oops

um no
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Here's a pre-evo.
iCjBri2.jpg

Name : ???
Type : Grass/Flying
Classification : The flower bird Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Thats cute little bird Oops, these 2 pokemon will be a nice addition to our community dex. It would be great if you could add addition information to your pokemon like names, type, classification; these things are to make the community dex more organized and complete. If you need help adding this things other people will help ya out no problem. Also I wanna see what you come up with next. :)

I just realized I have enough free time to create another pokemon today, woot!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
@BeefTaco
I like Strifeon :D
"Strikeon" doesn't roll off the tongue as well

@-Oops
Looks great as a pre-evo!
And if you don't want to shade that beauty, can I give it a shot?

EDIT:
woah, 4 peeps viewing AT THE SAME TIME :O

-Oops

um no
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
@ Beeftaco
I'll go ahead and add the info in a minute.

@Sunfished
Go ahead! I don't think I'll be shading any of my works. xD

Also, some thunder goat?
sKX3Hnp.jpg

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Hey -Oops!
I couldn't do as much since this was a shrunken version, but I tried my best anyways :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Well, I can say with emphatic certainty that what we needed in our pokedex was more Thunder Goat. ;)

lmao awesome designs for sure! Keep 'em coming~

And Beefy, are you going to keep playing around with Strifeon's design? Let me know cause I'll sprite whichever you choose (when I'm done with the sea dragon that is.. which is close! Just adding the blue / shadows / highlights).

Also, Sunny, I love the shading. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Ill probably post the alternate in an hour and Im eager to see the finished sprite version of the Legendary, Im sure it will look awesome :)

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Oh, I might as well "donate" a fake I was planning to use, but ever since Pancham was announced, might as well use it here :L

Sorry for the largeness.
If no one objects for the use of this guy, I'll split it up into 4 Fakes:
2 Pandas and the 2 clouds
The pandas can fit into alot of types, so we can use him to fill in missing slots. The clouds are Electric types, but if we're lacking flying mons we can add in the Flying type to it too.

If we do add these guys, I'll elaborate on their backstory stuff

-Oops

um no
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
@ Sunfished
That's pretty awesome!

Also, another design. Some weird ghost pokemon.
RIBzEGV.jpg

That was based off of this.
t8iCQV9.png

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Okay heres the more Kung Fu based alternate of Strifeon(this will be the official name), I put the 2 versions side by side so you guys can choose which one you like best. For the alternate I added a yang symbol in the black headband and gave it tiger stripes since its an animal style that is used in Kung Fu.

2h4fd5e.gif
dzgfg8.gif

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Okay heres the more Kung Fu based alternate of Strifeon(this will be the official name), I put the 2 versions side by side so you guys can choose which one you like best. For the alternate I added a yang symbol in the black headband and gave it tiger stripes since its an animal style that is used in Kung Fu.

2h4fd5e.gif
dzgfg8.gif

YES! PERFECT!
The one on the left was kind of lacking a bit, but the tiger stripes definitely gave it more "flair".
And, the stripes can also be scars or something, from fighting and whatnot :D

All-in-all, the second one has my vote!

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Thanks for voting Sunfished, I still like the previous one because I like simpler designs overall. Still the second one look good as well so either one of these will do really. After a few more votes Ill choose the one with more votes.

Also what did that poor cloud do to deserve such a life.

Oops@ Its that a jetpack on its back 0_o, hehe its goofy looking I like it

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I like the second one, as well.

Oof. I've been busy, but I'll still attempt to post at least a sketch tonight. Attempt. x;

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
:') I'm so proud of you guys.

I'll be posting the legendary fakemon tonight~ Provided my power doesn't go out from a thunderstorm. :x

Honestly, I like Oops's Ghost thing. It's like... very Cofagrigus, you know? Got the same.. I don't know what to call it.. lines? I don't know, you guys know what I mean.

edit : and look at that, it's done. c:

legendary_seadragon_edited-2_zps152b992b.png

I got the color pallet fixed up, although I kept the eyes/forehead/antenna thing a lighter blue. Anything else and it just faded into the pokemon, and those particular characteristics really need to stand out. Anyway, I got the lighting down (made a few changes to make it more consistent) and there ya go. :) I'll start working on spriting the Fighting type Eevee next.

Last edited:
Back