• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recolors & Fusions Thread

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024

The Recolors & Fusions Thread

a new home for your handful of sprites

you might recall...

Before the Pixel Art and Art & Design merge, there existed a thread solely for the purpose of showcasing your singular (maybe two, three, or more) recolors and fusions. This thread is now just that; a place for you guys to post some of your pixel art without the all work of opening a gallery and dealing with gallery standards. You may post as many recolor and fusion sprites as you like here! So don't be shy. Alternatively, if you have more than three pieces of pixel art that are not limited to recolors or fusions, you may open a gallery.

you'll want to know..

This thread does not follow the rules of the Art Critique & Showcase thread. You are not required to comment or review the poster's work above you, although you certainly are encouraged to! It's always nice to have a bit of feedback and you'd want someone to do the same for you. But just know that you will not be breaking any of this thread's rules if you don't.

enjoy
go go go

Last edited:

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
Moved from old thread (sorry didn't know about needing 3 examples I start a thread/shop thingy). This is my 1st fusion ever! I've only ever done one other recolor and that is my avatar (camo pattern), please let me know what you think and what I can do to deliver more quality sprites in the future.

P.s. Thanks to everyone who gave me compliments in the old thread, it's people like you who keep noobs like me optimistic!

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
second fusion/ recolor

Charmander, Cyndaquil, and a Bulbasaur recolor = Baby Godzilla?

-Don't know if i really like the re color, It may have looked better with the Cyndaquil flames looking like flames, but it was hard to distinguish the tail flame from the back flame, so I went and made them look more like spines.

Should I revert the color back or no?

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
Ok 1 more for now!

-Minun, Pichu, Custom recolor, and a little creativeness for the tail symbol (an (=) sign kind of hard to see its so small, maybe some more editing in the future) and w/e lol

Neuchu (Neutral) cousin to Plusle and Minun... or maybe something anyone can come up with that has to do with ground (ground wire, hence the green color)

Nordk

Chief Harpoonist
Years
I really like your sprites Sider! I like the second color (the orange one) of your Charmander-Cyndaquill-Bulbasaur fusion, the pointy blue spines look a little out of place on it's mostly round body.

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
Thanks Nordk! Here's another I made of Mewtwo/Charizard today! I can't think of a name for it and I didn't wanna go with something cliche like Mewthree or anything so I guess its like "Mewtwo Flight Form" or something the rather. Enjoy everyone! Let me know which one is better!

Nordk

Chief Harpoonist
Years
Or reposing the tail so it doesn't curve up as sharply or the tip sticks out from behind the wing.

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
Ill do that! Thanks for the feedback guys! Prob won't get to it today (wifey's bday) but ill post a version of each (tail in back and without tail) for your critique when I get a chance! Which color wings you like more though? Thanks again!

Nordk

Chief Harpoonist
Years
I like the purple wings better. The blue doesn't fit very well with Mew's pallet.
*Edit*
Here's a pretty basic recolor of Hoppip. In Gen. II Hoppip's sprite was brown, but it was changed to the correct pink in Gen. III, but I liked the brown version better.
Hoppip.png

Last edited:

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
Alright guys I lied, lol. I did have time because it was a pretty simple fix. I didn't end up removing the tail because I didn't like the way it looked for one and two I didn't really understand if you meant the whole tail or just the tip, but anyways here's what I came up with that I thought looked pretty dope. Enjoy! Let me know what you think.

P/s I like the purp better too but for anyone who likes the blue as a contrast I did one of each!

-Sider

Nordk

Chief Harpoonist
Years
Looks good Sider!
Fusion I made today, but not sure on a name yet. It's a Normal/Ground type and a rodent of some sort. Any name ideas?
Unnamed%20Sprite.png

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
Looks pretty sweet to me! I'm not good at coming up with names myself lol usually I try to think of one as I'm choosing the sprites and what premise the sprite will serve. Yours looks like a very feral creature so I personally would probably work off that! Looks great though!

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
Here's a new fighting fusion I've been working with. I've always HATED Hitmonchan's skirt lol, but this one isn't done yet but it's close, prob a few more minor touch ups here and there and it'll be done. I wanted to post it now to see if anyone sees anything that really sticks out as needing fixed. This fusion is modeled after my favorite fighter the GOAT Anderson "The Spider" Silva. BEHOLD Andersawk Hitmonsilva! Eventually I want to change the gloves to yellow and maybe recolor the gi, but idk. Let me know what you think!

Nordk

Chief Harpoonist
Years
The line across it's head is a bit distracting, making it less diagonal and closer to the curve of the head would help. (I'm assuming that it's a reference to Silva).
Other than that it looks great! :)

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
The line across it's head is a bit distracting, making it less diagonal and closer to the curve of the head would help. (I'm assuming that it's a reference to Silva).
Other than that it looks great! :)

I agree on the lines! I started with the top of Sawk's head to make him a baldy like Silva's but had to extend the sides then reshape it to fit Hitmonchan's and didn't remember the lines on the forehead until I looked over it after the post and again when you mentioned it. I will definitely fix that. Should I darken his skin as well since Silva is (keeping this politically correct) of Darker color and Brazilian decent? What color would you recommend for the gi as well. Like I said I already planned going with yellow for the gloves should I think along the lines of black and yelloe traditional Anderson Silva color patten? And the lines, what did you mean by curved? Should I possibly remove them all together or did you have something else in mind? I appreciate your feedback, it really helps hone in the concept of the project and makes it all come together not only in my eyes but through the eyes of what other fans see as well!

-Sider

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
This is more along the lines of what I envisioned, but it's still not complete in my opinion. What do you guys think? And I think I may actually take off Hitmonchan's shoulders or do you guys like them?

In honor of the Greatest of All Time, Anderson Silva! I wish you a speedy recovery and expedious return to the octagon if you should choose to fight again! and if you choose not too I wish you a long joyous life and respect whatever action you choose.

Last edited:

Nordk

Chief Harpoonist
Years
This is Hoppikarp, and it's coming after you for all the times it's been made fun of. *End evil rant* {XD}
Seriously though, two of my favorite Pokemon, and I managed to reduce the pallet to 15 colors! Whoo! ^^
HOPPIKARP.png

Last edited:
Back