• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the News will be on the 8th of January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
I would like RSE remakes, better Play! Pokemon standards for UK, return of the Pokewalker, return of contests, a cable that connects into computer so you can literally load dream world pokes onto game as many people dont have wifi. I'm a fussy person...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think they'll add more than that to a remake.

Speaking of gen 6 if it does come what does that mean for the dream world... they'll have to add only gen 6 areas or change the pokemon found at the very least or make a gen six version of it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think they'll add more than that to a remake.

Speaking of gen 6 if it does come what does that mean for the dream world... they'll have to add only gen 6 areas or change the pokemon found at the very least or make a gen six version of it.

It'll probably go the same route that the Pokewalker did. It'll still be there for Gen 5, but not available for Gen 6?

Dream World IMO is part of Gen 5 and would be out of place with new generations.

Years
It'll fit with remakes as Devon hinted at it, but other than the Unova and Hoenn games it would seem odd but maybe they'll do something like discover a new layer to the dw using Fennel and Devon's research which leads to a dw version 2.0 (not just an update but actual new features).

Utzipher

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 4, 2014
Judging by the pattern that seems to be present - new generation, sequel, and then finally a remake, I'm laying it all down on a remake of Ruby and Sapphire. I can't wait to give myself a little pat on the back once the news is released and I learn that I'm right.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Judging by the pattern that seems to be present - new generation, sequel, and then finally a remake, I'm laying it all down on a remake of Ruby and Sapphire. I can't wait to give myself a little pat on the back once the news is released and I learn that I'm right.

There is no pattern for game releases. Gamefreak just releases them when they finish with them.

Besides that, FR/LG disagree with your pattern as they were released before the third title.

Years
While it's true they got no pattern, I'm not sure about that finish part as both pt and HgSs were being done at the same time, they just chose Pt to go first and decided to work more to the remakes.

Gf got the 3ds kit early on so possibly they finished a 3ds main game by now or are close to (working on gen 5 proably slowed down things).

Utzipher

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 4, 2014
There is no pattern for game releases. Gamefreak just releases them when they finish with them.

Besides that, FR/LG disagree with your pattern as they were released before the third title.

Well, I don't see how it isn't a pattern so far.

Diamond / Pearl ----> Black / White
Platinum -----> Black 2 / White 2
HG / SS --------> ????

See my drift? I'm not basing this thought off of the GBA games. Plus, there hasn't been enough time for a sixth generation to come out - it's only been three years and the norm is usually four. This would give them that extra year.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well, I don't see how it isn't a pattern so far.

Diamond / Pearl ----> Black / White
Platinum -----> Black 2 / White 2
HG / SS --------> ????

See my drift? I'm not basing this thought off of the GBA games. Plus, there hasn't been enough time for a sixth generation to come out - it's only been three years and the norm is usually four. This would give them that extra year.

Gamefreak themselves said there is no pattern. They finish a game, they put it out. You also cannot discount the older titles. Two generations does not make a pattern. Gen 1 was also 3 years long. Gen 2 was 3 years long. Gens 3 and 4 were both 4 years long. Someone keeps saying that Gamefreak or TPC said that Gen 5 was supposed to move faster than what we had, I haven't seen that but its possible it was mentioned. Even if it wasn't, its been 3 years which was how long Gens 1 and 2 existed so its plenty of time.

Wouldn't matter how much time we see though. If Gamefreak were able to make Gen 6 and produce it this year and then complete Gen 7 by 2014, then we'd get Gen 7 a year later because they finished what they needed.

Yes the games fell into a pseudo pattern that is rough due to conflictions with other titled releases, but Gamefreak publicly denounced any set pattern for release.

@MRAS, Plat used the same tilesets as D/P so it took less time to alter the story and add things rather than resprite an entire region all over. So even if they started at the same time, Platinum still would have finished first.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Yeah, four years isn't the norm. Gen I and Gen II were 3 years, while Gen III and Gen IV were four.

If Gen VI is released this year, that means Gen V could potentially be the quickest generation yet though. Gen II holds the crown for being exactly 3 years (G/S released Nov 21, 1999 and R/S released Nov 21, 2002) so if Gen VI is released before September 18, 2010 then that means Gen V would have been under 3 years making it the shortest generation yet.

Id say if they actually reveal the game logos/names on the 8th which seems like exactly what they plan on doing, then the game will be released before September. Gen V was announced in late January, but the game names weren't revealed until April which leads me to believe that whatever game they reveal will probably be released before September. If it is Gen VI, I definitely would think its a bit odd considering the fact it would have lasted less than 3 years if that is the case.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Am I the only one thinking about Anime? Because Ash probably doesn't have many more episodes in Unova. I think that chances are, there won't be any R/S remake until Gen VI.

Sure it will make Gen V the shortest generation we've had yet, but since Ash is basically done, then you'd think it would have to be Gen VI.

Otherwise, it will surely be a spin-off. Something like Snap 2, Battle Revolution 2, I can't see Game Freak coming up with new ideas for some reason. Dunno why.

Years
They could kill ash off in this new mini series or series with N.
I mean he has to be tired of being like 23 playing a 10 year old...
Ok bad joke...
Seriously though the anime is useddd up.
I havent watched it since the orange islands
So maybe with them rebooting the core games with black and white
Then tcg getting dragon type
Next in line is the anime reboot?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
They could kill ash off in this new mini series or series with N.
I mean he has to be tired of being like 23 playing a 10 year old...
Ok bad joke...
Seriously though the anime is useddd up.
I havent watched it since the orange islands
So maybe with them rebooting the core games with black and white
Then tcg getting dragon type
Next in line is the anime reboot?

I wouldn't count on it. I would actually love a pokémon anime that was actually true to the games, but like I said I wouldn't count on it.

Years
I wouldn't count on it. I would actually love a pokémon anime that was actually true to the games, but like I said I wouldn't count on it.

Yeah im not. I dont even know whats going on in the anime anymore. Is every episode revolved around jesse and james trying to steal pikachu still?
Under the definition of monotony should be a drop down list of every episode of pokemon after team rockets introduction.
Oh well... if it doesnt have anything to do with the core titles i will be sorely disappointed

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
I kinda want a Gen VI now. Because that means new Pokemon, which means maybe, just maybe, they will give some reasonable looking Pokemon.

Years
I'm thinking it'll be something much more mundane than what we're thinking.

Maybe they'll just announce the next eeveelution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back