• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]TM Changes

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I want to see the elemental punches return. Roost would be helpful as well since my Flygon in 4th gen uses it. I'd actually like to see Brine return too, as it's a good Double/Triple battle alternative to the "hit everyone on screen" Surf and a certain Ice/Water type that I want on my team can't learn Scald...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
i personally DO NOT want stealth rock, its too anoying, when in competive it almost instantly kills some pokemon

Only Shedinja. :x

As for those who said Drain Punch, yes plz. Not sure of what Pokemon would really benefit from that, but just having that there would be nice. :3

BlankPoints

Dumb Apples
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
Truthfully the meta game would be turned upside down if stealth rock return to a TM but I would like to to see roost, the punches + drain punch to return as TMs.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd like to see some of the Gen IV TMs to make comebacks in B2/W2, like Drain Punch, Giga Drain and Stealth Rock. If not, then I want them to at least be tutor moves, if tutors are put in the game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Drain Punch plz. i didn't even think of that. Drain Punch got that very pretty power boost, so now i want all of my Pokemon knowing it. Adding it back as a TM would make me so happy. I also hope to see a few of the very original attacks as TMs, too. Maybe like Fissure (just for kicks) or Pay Day and Bubblebeam. I would like Teleport back as a TM. It was fun having a Cloyster that knew Teleport. I really don't understand the point of Quash being a TM. Nor Round or Echoed Voice. Struggle Bug is somewhat useless, so seeing it being replaced with...idk, Bug Buzz would be nifty. c:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Drain Punch plz. i didn't even think of that. Drain Punch got that very pretty power boost, so now i want all of my Pokemon knowing it. Adding it back as a TM would make me so happy. I also hope to see a few of the very original attacks as TMs, too. Maybe like Fissure (just for kicks) or Pay Day and Bubblebeam. I would like Teleport back as a TM. It was fun having a Cloyster that knew Teleport. I really don't understand the point of Quash being a TM. Nor Round or Echoed Voice. Struggle Bug is somewhat useless, so seeing it being replaced with...idk, Bug Buzz would be nifty. c:

I think Teleport would actually benefit the Unova region Pokemon, perhaps rework the off battle capabilities so that you can travel around Unova via teleportation or at least around ice areas.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

I think Teleport would actually benefit the Unova region Pokemon, perhaps rework the off battle capabilities so that you can travel around Unova via teleportation or at least around ice areas.

That would be awesome. Maybe treat it like Fly, or at least teleport to last healing spot. There aren't that many Pokemon Centers, from what I've noticed, and if there are, the space in between them is pretty impressive. So a quick way to hurry back to them would benefit many people greatly.
Of course then there's the houses that heal you, but still, it'd be pretty nifty to have.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
A move I'll like to see as tm again would be Seed bomb, I mean it got a power up but there aren't that many Pokemon who can learn it naturally.
Teleport would be nice to have, maybe they can make it into a Hm to make it more useful (perhaps it opens secret doors like dig did with the underwater regi door in RSE)

Livewire_

Knight of Three
Years
Bringing back Stealth Rock and the like for competitive would be pretty nice, same goes for old TM's that are egg moves/hard to pass moves like Dark Pulse, etc. Less stupid support moves would also be nice.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Opp, I meant to say nightmare...
This might not have to do with new tm's but where do you think the tm's will be placed this time around? I can see sandstorm being around the new ruins.

Cid

Years
I would want TM changes very much. Third versions such as Platinum and the others probably didn't offer TM changes and went for the Move Tutor approach because TM's can still be traded through Pokémon back then. But now that TM's can no longer be held, they better change some of the more gimmicky ones like Round, Echoed Voice and Struggle Bug. I'm liking the thought of having Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Roost, Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse back as TM's. They could add a few new ones, too, as long as they make the new TM's compatible with various Pokémon.

If they couldn't change them, then they could at least make the current ones available to other Pokémon previously left out. I'll be fine with that.

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2012
All I know is they should not have 120 power moves as TM's, I mean come on people, you know you you just feed that stuff to all your pkmn like chocolate

pknight96

Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism
Years
All I know is they should not have 120 power moves as TM's, I mean come on people, you know you you just feed that stuff to all your pkmn like chocolate

Yes, and then all Dragons get walled by Steels, same with Fire against Water. Come on, dude! By doing this, you make it a nessecity to own Black and White, and would thus make it even harder to train for competitive battling. I mean, getting rid of TM Thunder makes Kyogre nigh unbeatable, outside of Zekrom. That's just an example. I would love Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, Dark Pulse, Giga Drain, and Drain Punch as TMs. And as an HM, I'd love to see Rock Climb again.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
Man, they're are so many moves I want as TMs. Obviously, I'd like to see SR return, as well as Dark/Dragon Pulse and Roost.

As for other moves, I'd like to see Nasty Plot (with distribution as wide as Swords Dance >_>), Aura Sphere, and Earth Power.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Permanent TMs make move tutors redundant, save for Draco Meteor and other special moves.

Immagine BW2 had 50% -- 100% different Library of TMs. By owning BW and BW2, you get more TMs.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013

Not really. Most of those moves have something wrong with them.

Solar Beam- Takes a turn to charge
Focus Blast- Mediocre accuracy
Thunder- Mediocre accuracy outside of rain
Blizzard- Mediocre accuracy outside of blizzard
Fire Blast- There isn't anything wrong with this one. I guess I could say it gets weaker in the rain.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
STEALTH ROCKS. BRING THEM BACK AS TMs >:(
You know how annoying it is having to breed in 4th gen, then catch other random Pokes just so you can transfer over?
MAKE IT HAPPEN GAMEFREAK.

Back