• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Battle Frontier Speculation!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
What sort of post-game battle facilities do you think they'll have, or what do you want to see?

Battle Tower, A whole Frontier? Subways, or the PWT to make a return?

Or even Trainer Tower or Trainer Hill for a come back?

Also, if it's a frontier, what sort of Battle Frontier Mascots will be for each facility?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'd like to see a Pokémon Carnival that is rather similar to a Battle Frontier, but more in a Carnival style of things like tents and many other things that would make it really attractive. Where you'll get to battle in so many different ways, alot like the Battle Frontier. Wouldn't that be amazing, eh? xD

As for Mascots, I'm thinking of some Pokémon from X and Y once they're revealed. But who knows? They might even have some Legendary Pokémon mascots as well.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
A Frontier would be fantastic. :) I'm kind of tired of the Subway, I want to see big buildings and individual battling systems again!

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
I liked the Battle Castle, Battle Tourney and Battle Factory from previous generations, so seeing both in the same gen might be cool.

They should also do a Battle Tower setting where you pick an in-game partner (rival, gym leader, etc.) and fight together

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'd like to see a Pokémon Carnival that is rather similar to a Battle Frontier, but more in a Carnival style of things like tents and many other things that would make it really attractive. Where you'll get to battle in so many different ways, alot like the Battle Frontier. Wouldn't that be amazing, eh? xD

As for Mascots, I'm thinking of some Pokémon from X and Y once they're revealed. But who knows? They might even have some Legendary Pokémon mascots as well.

When I say Mascots, I meant ''The battle brains''? I think they're called.
I don't remember their formal name, so I wrote Mascot.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I'd love to see a Platinum and Emerald esque Battle Frontier, which could also hold a PWT. I think having a carnival environment a great Idea, now GameFreak have a lot more to work with, they should be able to do it. They could also have carnival rides like rollercoasters and Ferris wheels. That would be warmly welcomed.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'd love to see a Platinum and Emerald esque Battle Frontier, which could also hold a PWT. I think having a carnival environment a great Idea, now GameFreak have a lot more to work with, they should be able to do it. They could also have carnival rides like rollercoasters and Ferris wheels. That would be warmly welcomed.

Let's just hope N isn't on that ferris wheel again.

>.>

<.<

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
Let's just hope N isn't on that ferris wheel again.

>.>

<.<

Be careful with what you say because it might come true... :o

Now that I got the idea, though, it would be interesting if they made a Ferris wheel battle zone and you had to fight inside one of the cars under a time limit (like rotations of the ride)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I hope we don't get another Battle Subway. :( I think France uses a train/subway system though so ugh. v_v Unless they could improve on it somehow, I don't want it back.

I'd love a frontier though. Battle Castle should be a must if we're in a France inspired region. It's my favorite facility as well, so I'm biased lol. No more Factory though. It's been in every frontier we've had so far and I think it's time for it to retire.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
When I say Mascots, I meant ''The battle brains''? I think they're called.
I don't remember their formal name, so I wrote Mascot.

Hm... the frontier brains...

Since my speculation is about a "Battle Carnival", I would like to see the ones that involve one that likes to use Dragon type Pokémon, but you have to go through a dark maze like in the Battle Pyramid in Emerald. And I'd like to see one that involves doing a puzzle similar to Fantina's Gym in Pokémon Diamond/Pearl, which uses Grass, Fire and Water.

Other than that, I would love to see a Battle Coaster in there, where you stop at certain places to battle, then choose another coaster to then go to the different one and while some of the coasters may return you back to the start. And the Carnival Master of the Battle Coaster would use some Psychic-type Pokémon.

That's the speculation I'm thinking of.

Years
Tournaments - PWT

In B/W 2 we had the PWT which I really enjoyed
Do you think there will be another PWT?
Or ingame tournaments like the anime?(Many rivals and a lot of nice battles)
Or do you think there will be something completely new?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hope we at least get three facilities until the third version/sequels to keep us busy. One could be the tower, the factory, and the third could be a new one.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I kinda want the Subway to return because it had great potential - ever since Johto I always wanted to ride on the trains and talk to other trainers and the region is seen through the side windows and you see distant lands and things like that. Ifff the Subway returns it could do something like that, where you could just go on one and choose who you face etc, and see the region through the windows, rather than something else set in place. :3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I kinda want the Subway to return because it had great potential - ever since Johto I always wanted to ride on the trains and talk to other trainers and the region is seen through the side windows and you see distant lands and things like that. Ifff the Subway returns it could do something like that, where you could just go on one and choose who you face etc, and see the region through the windows, rather than something else set in place. :3
This is what I wanted to happen in Unova's, hopefully if it does return they'll fix it up like that. Perhaps they could have us change trains and guess like in the pike, one of them is scenery and the other is battle.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Or maybe even the first train is the one you travel on to go around the region then they offer you the other train to go on next time for battles 'cause they see you have potential.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I want the Frontier from Emerald, it was an awesome Frontier.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I found myself missing the variety and the thrill that came with a larger frontier. The Battle Subway just felt dull in comparison. So I'm hoping they bring back the Battle Frontier with several Frontier Brains this time and new battling styles. I don't even mind having the subway back, but I'd just prefer if it wasn't the only facility available.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I found myself missing the variety and the thrill that came with a larger frontier. The Battle Subway just felt dull in comparison. So I'm hoping they bring back the Battle Frontier with several Frontier Brains this time and new battling styles. I don't even mind having the subway back, but I'd just prefer if it wasn't the only facility available.

Subway and something else would be okay. While I like the potential for the subway I think having PWT would also be beneficial to combine all the regions together (to go with the "world" theme), but I wouldn't be fully for a Battle Frontier and a Subway given they are the same.

Back