• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Momentum | Re-Opening Giveaway!

What do you want to see in this thread?

• Total voters
Years
i hate your wifi -_-" .............................

me too. >_< i pulled up what the error code meant and it said something about a firewall getting in the way. i traded with air pichu and hiei just fine though. it has to be either yours has a firewall or mine does. DX dumb wifi

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
me too. >_< i pulled up what the error code meant and it said something about a firewall getting in the way. i traded with air pichu and hiei just fine though. it has to be either yours has a firewall or mine does. DX dumb wifi

probably mine, i dont hav one right now :( we couldnt pay the bill so they shut it off

Years
probably mine, i dont hav one right now :( we couldnt pay the bill so they shut it off

if the firewall is the problem we both need to go under properties or advanced settings on our wireless router and disable the fire wall

see this is what nintendo said:

Error Code: 86420

This error occurs when there is a communication problem between players during online gameplay.
Try this:
  1. If your router's security software (firewall) is turned on, it may block communication that is required for online gameplay. To fix this, try disabling the router's firewall*.
    1. Most firewall settings are located under the "Advanced" or "Security" tab.
  2. If the problem still persists with the firewall off, you may need to open ports on your router through the Port Forwarding feature.
    1. <LI type=a>Create a manual connection on your Nintendo DS and assign a static IP Address.
    2. Open ports 1 through 65535 as both TCP and UDP.
    3. Ensure the ports are forwarded to the same IP Address given to the Nintendo DS system during the manual setup.
Trouble connecting to a friend?
If the above steps have not resolved the issue and you are trying to connect with specific friends, the problem could potentially be an issue on your friend's network. Your friend will have to perform these troubleshooting steps with their home network.
Using USB Connector or Lan Adapter? Please call 1-800-255-3700 so that we can assist you further. *While Nintendo provides this information for our consumers' use, it is up to each consumer to determine what security needs they have for their own networks, and to decide how best to configure their network settings to meet those needs

Volroc

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
if the firewall is the problem we both need to go under properties or advanced settings on our wireless router and disable the fire wall

see this is what nintendo said:

Error Code: 86420

This error occurs when there is a communication problem between players during online gameplay.
Try this:
  1. If your router's security software (firewall) is turned on, it may block communication that is required for online gameplay. To fix this, try disabling the router's firewall*.
    1. Most firewall settings are located under the "Advanced" or "Security" tab.
  2. If the problem still persists with the firewall off, you may need to open ports on your router through the Port Forwarding feature.
    1. <LI type=a>Create a manual connection on your Nintendo DS and assign a static IP Address.
    2. Open ports 1 through 65535 as both TCP and UDP.
    3. Ensure the ports are forwarded to the same IP Address given to the Nintendo DS system during the manual setup.
Trouble connecting to a friend?
If the above steps have not resolved the issue and you are trying to connect with specific friends, the problem could potentially be an issue on your friend's network. Your friend will have to perform these troubleshooting steps with their home network.
Using USB Connector or Lan Adapter? Please call 1-800-255-3700 so that we can assist you further. *While Nintendo provides this information for our consumers' use, it is up to each consumer to determine what security needs they have for their own networks, and to decide how best to configure their network settings to meet those needs

thats on your end mate, your securty settings arent compatible with your DS
i had same problem wit mine lol

Years
i just went through and disabled the firewall on mine, so it should work now. :)

thats on your end mate, your securty settings arent compatible with your DS
i had same problem wit mine lol

yeah i dont know what the deal is with it. its never acted up like this until this past week. again, dumb wifi >_>

Last edited:

Volroc

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
i just went through and disabled the firewall on mine, so it should work now. :)

yeah i dont know what the deal is with it. its never acted up like this until this past week. again, dumb wifi >_>

im reconnectin ^_^ ././highkbvkbguygbkyukftyfv

EDIT: i havent got a clue mate, i dont hav a fire wall right now, i protect my computer wit my own design, so theres no way it would do this, i tested it on many things

Years
im reconnectin ^_^ ././highkbvkbguygbkyukftyfv

EDIT: i havent got a clue mate, i dont hav a fire wall right now, i protect my computer wit my own design, so theres no way it would do this, i tested it on many things

yeah same here i diabled mine. :/ gah DX wifi why must you hate me?

EDIT: i went back and deleted my wifi settings, and set the connection back up. maybe that will help.

Volroc

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
yeah same here i diabled mine. :/ gah DX wifi why must you hate me?

EDIT: i went back and deleted my wifi settings, and set the connection back up. maybe that will help.

alright we will try this once more,if it doesnt work,we will get a middle man lol

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
hey can i trade u for this:

SHINY!!!!!!!​

Gliscor lvl 34 male
Naive/Likes to thrash about
eathquake/swords dance/aerial ace/faint attack
101/80/91/37/52/84

pm me with any thing u want off my thread.if u want sumin on my thread, post on my thread then pm me.

Years
hey can i trade u for this:

SHINY!!!!!!!​

Gliscor lvl 34 male
Naive/Likes to thrash about
eathquake/swords dance/aerial ace/faint attack
101/80/91/37/52/84

pm me with any thing u want off my thread.if u want sumin on my thread, post on my thread then pm me.

ok how about these two?

PKTOPIA Magmortar w/ Charcoal lv 50
PKTOPIA Electivire w/ Magnet lv 50

working yet? i can be middle-man if you trust me

if you could help that would be amazing. ^^
fffiiillleeerrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited:
Back