• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Trumpets: Hoenn Chronicles (OOC)

Nero

I like it.
Years
>Payton uses his age and knowledge to his advantage
>Payton uses his age and knowledge
>Payton uses his age
>Age: 22

[Insert image I can't link here]

(Just kidding haha I know it's totally realistic in the Pokemon World but I just couldn't resist-- I laughed really hard at myself and reacted as above hahahah)

Well, in comparison, that is… I know I'd consider 22 old for a starting trainer, but yeah. Thanks for the welcome, by the way.

Jeez, there's a lot of serious characters here. If I end up using two, I know what the other's going to be like.

…Uh, not a serious character, that is.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Also I have my first post done-- but I'm waiting until I finish drawing Ellis so I can stick it in the CSS, so I apologize for the delay!
Aaaa can I pay you (with a poem and some Swedish snow in the mail) to draw Barc to? C8

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Well, in comparison, that is… I know I'd consider 22 old for a starting trainer, but yeah. Thanks for the welcome, by the way.

Jeez, there's a lot of serious characters here. If I end up using two, I know what the other's going to be like.

…Uh, not a serious character, that is.

Ash is freaking ten-year old. 22 could easily be considered a veteran.

Will read the SUs in a while. I just came home and needed to take a rest after so much walking.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Aaaa can I pay you (with a poem and some Swedish snow in the mail) to draw Barc to? C8

IDK this Japanese snow is keeping me pretty stuck indoors so while it seems like a novelty I'll pass on the snow LOL

I'm actually really busy with art right now-- but my commissions /are/ open so if you really want one just shoot me a PM /thumbsup! Unfortunately I don't take swedish snow or poems though ; )

Also I updated Ellis' sign-up with a hastily drawn waist-up, featuring his bagon Silas! (Belatedly realized I forgot his luxury ball necklace... gg)
Will post in the IC once I... figure out how to code this CSS properly.... OTL

jombii

Years
running out of snip puns

How did he know his father was murdered if he did not know who he is? I suggest you clear this up but since I really did not ask for this before, I'll go ahead and accept you.

Also, you missed sentence number 1 in personality. It starts with the word "likes" instead of "he likes."

Some improvements: vary your word usage. I noticed you always seemed to use "he has" in starting your sentences and that kinds of put a monotonous tone in your writing.

Some notes again. This would be for improving your SU from a GM perspective and from someone who's been roleplaying for quite some time now. No need to flip out.

For your appearance, I wouldn't exactly call 5'3" "whopping" as that term is usually used for larger things. Whopping 1 million dollars. Whopping 10,000 meters high. Whopper from burger king. You could use other terms to strengthen that Seraph is a short guy. "Merely" could be used in terms of whopping. Or "only."

Also, I couldn't imagine a community where babies and toddlers are 5'3". I think you could remove that part and the sentence could still convey your idea properly. And "alot" in your last sentence in appearance should be two words. Aand I think you missed a "team plasma uniform" in there.

For your personality, "in his perception" is better to be combined to the sentence before it just to invite continuity for the readers.

For your history, I noticed you only changed Plasma to Rocket. While, this RP is indeed set after the original disbanding of the Team Rocket, it certainly doesn't happen thirty five years into the future of that disbanding. And certainly not 35 years into the future after the team's disbanding of Johto under Archer's leadership.

Might I suggest that your family isn't too heavily influenced by other teams as it isn't really doing well in terms of coherence with the timeline. As I said before, your character may be influence by the other teams merely because of his knowledge of them and agrees with them to some extent and plans to create his own team.

I'm not sure if I'm going to accept two characters from players from now. Maybe I'll do that in the future, but let's limit each person to one character. Decide which one you're going to use. Nonetheless, this one is accepted. Just tell me which one you're gonna use.

"currently nomadic." Which trainers are not? LOL.

anyway, accepted. I'm not sure if smoking is part of the rating [T] but use it in your posts sparingly. We have some young kids here that are easily impressionable. JK.

Okay, first, regular people have surnames. I don't like people like Red who doesn't have anything after their name. It's just me being picky but could you add a surname there? I wouldn't reject you for not adding one but surnames makes characters more real.

There are a few sentences here that could easily be combined. This one is an example.

He ignore people who come up with reasons why you can't do something. Because according to him nothing is impossible. And since you mentioned about the boy's past, may I ask what happened to Ace that people feel sympathy for him while others just straight up dislike him?

Also, most of your paragraphs are not coherent. Try grouping sentences with the same thoughts into one paragraph and start a new one with a new idea. Try lumping the sentences where people dislike ace but sympathizes with him with that of not being able to make new friends and his Pokemon being his only partner. Try creating a whole new block of text with battle style since that is inherently different from social skills. Then create a new one for other random quirks. For now, you're SU is pending.

That's all SUs I guess. VM me if I missed something lol.

Tigelreaf

Fairy Tail Trash
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 30, 2017
Hey, since this sounds really cool, I wanna join, too! :)

Name: David Harrington
Hometown: Hearthome City (Sinnoh)
Appearance:
superthumb.png

About 1.75 meter high (5.7 feet)
David is skinny and wears comfortable clothes almost all the time - but not inappropriate ones, just comfy ones. Being on the stage, he usually wears his suit.
With his headphones in his ears, his bag pack on his back and his Absol next to him, he does not look like a normal teenager, nor like a pariah. Just like David.

Personality:
David Harrington wishes to become a Top-Coordinator like his father. Because of that, he trains with his Pokemon all day to get stronger. He tries to find creative combinations of attacks to make his Pokemon shine and fights with passion in his eyes. To gain as much experience as possible he wants to catch as many Pokemon as possible. His ability to understand their behavior naturally helps him befriending them and getting them to their best. But for that ability, he paid a high price: He is not able to understand any human behavior pattern and suffers heavily from psychological problems.
As soon as he talks to another human, except for his relatives, his body begins to shiver and his thoughts go head over heels. His brain stops working and produces scary images in his head. Though in times he has to fight, his whole attitude changes and he becomes excited, lively and stronger. Since they seem to easy his pain, he never keeps his Pokemon inside their Pokeballs - if not necessary.

History:
David's mom is a Pokemon stylist in the Sinnoh region and his father is a Top-Coordinator in three different regions, therefore it is not special for David to be into contests. When David was a child, his father would give him tips for performances and let David train with his top class Pokemon. After some accident involving his best friend and Silver, David became socially awkward and separated himself from other kids. His parents, unable to do anything, just lived on, accepted the situation, trying to ease David and to not deny him any wish. When he decided to travel to Hoenn to become a Coordinator, his parents supported him in every possible way. Right now, he is on his way to Littleroot Town.

Starter Pokemon:
359.png

Absol - "Silver"
Attacks:

• Quick Attack
  • Charge Beam
  • Double Team
  • Shadow Ball
Ability: Super Luck

Last edited:

jombii

Years

No worries! I might open up double characters in the future when I think I can handle it but not right now. :)

There are some grammar issues dotting your SU, especially with the subject-verb agreement.

Only pokemon are the creatures he find himself calm around. This sentence could be rewritten as ' Pokemon are the only creatures Ace could find himself calm around.' to sound better.

He always talk slowly but think quickly. The verbs should have an 's' at the end since he is singular.

It's something that distract his mind from thoughts clouding his head. Similar case since battling is also a singular thing here.

Sometimes you lose , sometimes you wins. Here, I don't think wins is supposed to have an 's' at the end since the "you " is pertaining to everybody who battle using Pokemon.

But he never back down. again, "backs." and this sentence could be combined with another or rewritten in such a way it doesn't start with a conjunction.

When he regain his consciousness he was at someone's house. "regained.

He left island A because their were so much memories of his grandma that hurt him. their to there.

He want to ask his father why he abandoned him. For that he needs to get stronger. To get stronger, he have to fight strong pokemon trainer. there's a lot of ways this could get rewritten. You could go ' He wants to ask his father why he abandoned him and for that he needs to get stronger by fighting stronger Pokemon trainers.'

So in hope of challenging pokemon league and pokemon gym he traveled to hoenn region to see what challenge awaits him. Is there any reason why he picked Hoenn to go to?

There might be other things that I missed so scour your SU for those.

There's a lost link in your personality. Please edit it out. Also, what do you mean by communicating with his Pokemon perfectly? Telepathy or much like how Ash can understand all of Pikachu's Pika pika.

Tigelreaf

Fairy Tail Trash
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 30, 2017
I deleted that link :)

More like Ash, but I don't refer to talking. He notices every change in their voice, knows whenever a Pokemon does not like something e.g. being patted. Put simply, he is able to see and read the signs in a Pokemon's behavior.

Nero

I like it.
Years
So. Many. Socially awkward. Characters. It looks like my friendlier trainer'll have to wait, too. Woe, me. I wouldn't worry much about Payton's smoking habits, he'll be giving off a 'smoking is terrible yet addicting' vibe, as I myself hate smoking.

Quick question. Because this is a sandbox RP, who'll be controlling important characters, namely the professor? GM, or players as they go? If this has already been mentioned, I haven't seen it.

jombii

Years
I deleted that link :)

More like Ash, but I don't refer to talking. He notices every change in their voice, knows whenever a Pokemon does not like something e.g. being patted. Put simply, he is able to see and read the signs in a Pokemon's behavior.
'

will check on it in a while.

@The Nero: You have complete control over them except some key characters that I will introduce in the RP in later chapters.

Years
(EDIT) WIP: Gonna make a few changes.

Name: Cyrille Beaumont
Hometown: Laverre City

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Cyrille is poised and calculating, an enigma to many. Most people would think he is spirited, based on his boyish appearance. However, that is not quite true. While he is polite and amiable, he is almost mockingly so, but he means well. With his tongue sharp and silver, he gets into trouble and just as quickly gets out of it. Witty and adaptable, he always comes up with a plan. He is capable of separating his emotions in order to think rationally. He does what he needs to reach his goals, allying himself with those most useful to him. This causes some to question his integrity. He has many acquaintances, yet few friends. He is loyal to these few. Although he is not above teasing them. It takes time to establish trust with him, and if it is ever betrayed, it is challenging to earn back.

Cyrille relies on strategy, cunning, and trickery. He analyzes his opponents and concocts a plan. He employs evasive maneuvers and status effects. He is drawn to Pokémon that fit this style.

History: Cyrille was bookish and quiet. A perfect target for the neighborhood brutes. He was teased and mocked for not being interested in most things children were interested in. Instead, his hobbies tapped into his curiosity. He pursued academics and ponder the mysteries of the world around him, especially the supernatural. He felt compelled to question everything, to study everything.

Naturally, Cyrille breezed through school. He had the option of graduating earlier than his peers, but he stayed until he was no longer able to. Cyrille was fascinated by Pokémon and wanted to study them. He hoped to one day be an important figure in the field of Pokémon research. Meanwhile, he aimed to participate in the Pokémon League.

*More will be revealed through RP.

Starter Pokemon:
Nickname: Harland | Species: Gastly | Gender: Male | Ability: Levitate
Moveset: Hypnosis, Mean Look, Confuse Ray, Toxic, Disable, Shadow Ball

Last edited:

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
Well, did my first post on the IC thread. Hope it was alright; this is only the second RP I have ever been in.

Back