• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen No more legendaries! Please!

What will the New Legendaries be?

• The new legendary will have created the big bang. the Birth of Arceus

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • The new legendaries will be the parents of Arceus, his Mommy and Daddy ^^

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No New Legendaries. Or Minor ones.. eg Manaphy, Phione

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Legendaries that solve a purpose with nothing to do with Arceus

Votes: 63 76.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'm surprised someone hasn't made this yet. This is one of the things I think about most when I think about what'll happen in this generation.

One of the things I hated the most about Generation IV was the fact that there were so many legionaries that seemed to be acquired mainly through events than anything else. So basically, to the average Pokémon gamer, they were next to impossible to get. Since I know there are very few events in my area that really focus on Pokémon. With that said, one of the things I'm really interested in knowing is how many legendaries are going to be added to this generation. Ever since Generation II, the cover art always focused on the "main" legendary of the game.

So how do you feel legendaries will play out this time around? Do you think there will only be four or five of them like there were in early generations? Or do you feel as though they will continue adding more and more legendaries as the generations progress?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
There should only be at least five legendaries in this game in my opinion. Two to support the different mascots for the two games, and three others for a new trio. Maybe one event legendary as well, and that's it. But, hopefully they won't make a legendary that is known as a "God." They already did that with Mew, then again with Arceus. They don't need that a third "God" Pokémon. >__>

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
No no no, I like legendaries.

I hated how there weren't a lot in the previous regions.

Wit more legendaries, there's more combinations and friendships to make.

I say bring on more legendaries, even more than generation 4.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
at least five? you mean AT THE MOST 5
follow the johto way
2 giant powerful legendaries
3 powerful normal sized legendaries

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2010
I think the main Legendaries might play around with a theme of Light and Darkness, maybe a new "Light" type will be introduced D: but since when did the theme of the box ever match the theme of the Legendaries anywho. Hopefully they don't spam the game with like 16 Legendaries again, I hate seeing OU teams spammed with Jirachi, Celebi, Azelf, Suicune and Latias already, I swear I'll quit OU if they add more.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
Years
Personally I liked Hoenn. I mean the 3 main ones. A supporting cast of 3 and then ideally 2 more Pokemon that had to be acquired by some IN GAME event. I'm tired of living in Canada and knowing if I lived below the 49th I could have a Jirachi or a Mew or whatever. >.< As long as they're creative as to how they're acquired. I mean Heatran was a good idea and all but he was in the wrong game cause we already had to climb a mountain so no one felt like doing it again...twice!!

Years
I don't care how many legends we have, let's just make sure they're good ones (Design-wise and battle-wise). Let's not have anymore garbage like Shaymin and Phione. Don't forget that pitiful trio we were given. The three were essentially the exact same Pokemon with a different crown.

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
Years
In my opinion there shouldn't be more than 6-7 legendaries in any generation. There should be 3 games in each generation, so there's 3 legends right there, plus a trio in each one, or 2 couples would be acceptable, and maybe an extra one just to be "mysterious", kind of like Mew for the 1st gen and Celebi for the 2nd. But adding 15 legendaries in the 4th gen? I miss the days where there were a max of 7 per gen..

Guy

just a guy
Years
I mean Heatran was a good idea and all but he was in the wrong game cause we already had to climb a mountain so no one felt like doing it again...twice!!
...and I still haven't caught my Heatran in-game; neither in Diamond or Platinum.

Honestly, if they're going to be going with the version mascots then you can expect at least six legendaries. Two to represent the two versions, three for the game trios, and at least one cute-like Legendary (i.e Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin). If the pattern continues though, then we can have at least seven, as this next legendary will be the mascot of the third game version.

I personally don't mind having too many legendaries, but of course there needs to be a certain limit where it doesn't get out of control. What we had in DPPt, for me, was okay. HeartGold and SoulSilver just had extra for availability of Third Gen legendaries. Since, DPPt and HG/SS share compatibility with B&W as far as we know, then I wouldn't expect a mass overload of legendaries like we have in the 4th Generation. A moderate amount like we had for the 3rd Gen may be what we get once more, I would think.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
In my opinion, they're legendaries. There are not supposed to be many of them, so what is the point of making tens of legends every new generation? It defeats the point of making them 'legends'.

But this is a consumer world, so GameFreak would do as they please.

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
Years
In my opinion, they're legendaries. There are not supposed to be many of them, so what is the point of making tens of legends every new generation? It defeats the point of making them 'legends'.

But this is a consumer world, so GameFreak would do as they please.

I COMPLETELY agree. Very well said.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
But other places have other legends. Not all legends are universal. For all we know, people in Isshu don't even know about Mew or Ho-oh, which Kanto and Johto take as legendaries, but worship something else in their place as a legendary. A legendary pokemon is a pokemon with a legend attached to them, or at least that's what it should be. Sure, they're a little more powerful, but to be a legend they have to be, to actually become that legend.

With what I just said, I don't mind legendaries, as long as they don't hide them in wi-fi events. If you have legendaries, then put them in the main game.

While I don't care much about the legendary numbers, this is the ideal amount for me.

Three main legends
A trio of lesser legends
Two side-plot legends

Eight. That's my ideal number.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I've recently come to have an apathetic attitude about legendaries. I rarely catch them and never put them on my teams because I like the idea of using common pokemon to beat the games with.

They can add as many legendaries as they want this time around. Let the under 10 crowd and the fervent collectors have their fun. I'll be building a team out of pokemon that are actually fun to use. XD

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I want 3 main Legends. 2 for Black and White versions and a 3rd for the 3rd installment. The usual Trio, cute Legendary (Event), one for a random side-quest, and an awesome Event Pokemon (Similar to Deoxys in awesomeness). A total of 9. Events are good for movies, to hold us over (anime wise) until the next generation.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
It's true that Sinnoh has lots of Legendaries, but I think that's what the creators were going for when they were working on developing the region. Sinnoh just seems to be that kind of region, a place full of legends and tales.

I think they'll just cut down the amount of Legendaries in this game to something more like the 2nd or 3rd gen. It would be ridiculous to completely remove them though... it wouldn't be a new generation without those unique Legendary Pokemon.

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
Years
a trio, Two or three mascots, and A super tiny legendary. what I hated about genereation 4 was they were so hard to distinguish:

Trio: Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie
Mascots: Giratina, Dialga, Palkia
Super legendary: Shaymin, Manaphy? Phinoe?
Where does that leave the rest?

I don't mind side quest legendaries but have make the stories decent like WTF was Heatran and Phione's story? They seem pretty useless

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
a trio, Two or three mascots, and A super tiny legendary. what I hated about genereation 4 was they were so hard to distinguish:

Hit the nail on the head there buddy. I mean, in GenI, we had Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Given the pretense that one was Ice-type, one was Electric-type, and one was Fire-type, it's not hard at all to match their appearance to their name and typing. The same with GenII's trio and GenIII's trio. In GenIV though, we had three Psychic-type pixies with little to distinguish them other than their coloration. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back