• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Results - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Congrats for the HOTY LC!!! The three hacks here are the best though, but LC deserves it!!

Don't replace doesnt he's the best judge by far.. Reading some nuzlocke runs by him is an eye opener, especially the Dark Wirthing one.. Maybe he gave low score, but not a single hack between the three got a high score either...

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
Years
First of all, I wanna thank LinkandZelda, Redriders180 & Rockmanmegaman for making Such Beautiful Hacks like Liquid Crystal, Glazed! & Adventure RED, I've played all of them. they were absolutely outstanding in their own aspects,
Comparing them is kind of like comparing Water, Ground & Electricity. Every Contender had its Weakness & Effectiveness against each other.. so I won't interfere in experts' decision.
Though if everybody is Sharing their own markings then I guess I'll have to also, Here goes-:

First is Probably for Story so-:
9 out of 10 For Pokemon Adventure RED (Best Storyline mimic)

7 out of 10 For Pokemon Glazed! (Best Hand Written Story)

6 out of 10 For Pokemon Liquid Crystal (Worst because of Short Storyline

Now Here goes markings for Graphics-:

8 out of 10 for Pokemon Glazed! (Best Graphics of All)

7.5 For Pokemon Liquid Crystal (Only For me)

6.5 For Pokemon Adventure RED (Wasn't upto it Cause of simple tileset)

Now here goes for Best Mapping! -:

9 out of 10 for Pokemon Glazed! (Yeah I think so)

7.5 out of 10 for Pokemon Liquid Crystal (it has feel)

7 out of 10 for Pokemon Adventure RED (Not that bad!

-------------------------------------------------------
Now without further ado Let's Count
-------------------------------------------------------
My Winner is->Pokemon Glazed-: 24 Points!

My Runner up is->Pokemon Adventure RED-: 22.5 Points!

My 2nd Runner up is->Pokemon Liquid Crystal-: 21 Points!
--------------------------------------------------
Congrates Everybody ^_^ I found My best hack out of all three, and Please Don't Flame me because it were only my own marking, I voted which I found deserving.

SORRY! If it hurts!

Last edited:

Tyranitar Killer

Tyranibeast
Years
This actually raises an interesting point. We shouldn't just be focusing on the hackers, particularly as most tend to use others' work (not that there's anything wrong with that). I think next year we should give recognition to the "behind the scenes" guys for want of a better word. Maybe something like "Best Tool", "Best Researcher" or something?

I mean there's always the possibility of that devolving into a popularity contest and I don't know how measurable that would be, but it's an interesting idea at the very least.

In any case, congrats to the winners! That judging looks really good I want to meet the judges and also the award creator and maybe sleep with them lmoa
Exactly Especially with all the new tools coming up like MEH, get prepared for the next generation in hacking

Years
Well judges could give low scores like 3-5 for default music and higher scores for custom music

And people could vote a hack that got custom music for the best music in a hack category

Hacks like darkviolet and normal version got awesome themes

Just an idea xD

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well judges could give low scores like 3-5 for default music and higher scores for custom music

And people could vote a hack that got custom music for the best music in a hack category

Hacks like darkviolet and normal version got awesome themes

Just an idea xD
Hm... still wouldn't think of it as fair... unless you mean it would only be standalone category with no impact on the main category?

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Congrats for the HOTY LC!!! The three hacks here are the best though, but LC deserves it!!

Don't replace doesnt he's the best judge by far.. Reading some nuzlocke runs by him is an eye opener, especially the Dark Wirthing one.. Maybe he gave low score, but not a single hack between the three got a high score either...

how exactly is he the best? a 1 is ridiculous no matter the reason... that means he might as well been puking while playing this game 'cus it was the most horrible thing ever, hack should be removed from pokecommunity and redrider sent to prison for his horrible deeds lol.

amazing how he still got
iNDYHgp.png
its as if the winner was rigged by one judge because he calculated that chances for his favorite hack to win would be better if he voted down glazed. I've played all three don't see how liquid crystal has any more better gameplay than glazed.

oh well, grats to everyone! maybe next year redrider? hopefully my hack will be up there by that time so i can give him a run for his money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back