• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hyl's Hylian Challenge

Which pokemon do you like more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lucariokul

Illusions surround me. Help...
Years
I am The Hylian Lucario, aka Hylianaura or Lucariokul, and I am bringing my own challenge called Hylian Challenge (Uncreative, I know)
The rules:

1. Your team must not contain more than 4 Pokemon.
  2. You cannot have 2 or more Pokemon of the same type. (Eg: Shedinja and Banette)
  3. Smeargle and Ditto are forbidden.
  4. If a Pokemon faints 3 times, it cannot be used again, similar to a Nuzlocke
  5. You must not use Legendaries n your party. If a legendary Pokemon enters your party unless as an HM slave, you automatically lose the challenge.
  6. The following moves must never be used: Transform, Memento, Selfdestruct, Explosion, Recover, Roost, Softboiled (in battle), Pain Split.
  7. Nickname all Pokemon captured, including legendaries in the PC.
  8. Use a universal randomizer to randomize your Starter Pokemon (Completely)
If you wish to officially participate, post your game that you are trying it on in the thread.
Current official participants: Lucariokul (Pokémon Diamond)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I just have to ask real quick, what does this have to do with being Hylian? I thought this was going to be Zelda themed, but there's really no Zelda theme to it. Perhaps you should consider a name change?

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
What if you added Loz related rules, for example pokemon other than your starter, has to be an animal, fairy, or loz item. (i.e a sword, keys, a bomb)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What if you added Loz related rules, for example pokemon other than your starter, has to be an animal, fairy, or loz item. (i.e a sword, keys, a bomb)

That would require changing the whole challenge though, or at least majority of it. It'd be easier to just rename it and not have to rework how the whole thing works...if this guy even comes back to this, of course.

lucariokul

Illusions surround me. Help...
Years
I just have to ask real quick, what does this have to do with being Hylian? I thought this was going to be Zelda themed, but there's really no Zelda theme to it. Perhaps you should consider a name change?
Did yu not read my rule about not having 2 or more pokemon of same type? Refrence to the Triforce, and you can only have a certain number of pokemon. How many triangles are in the triforce besides the empty one in the middle? The Number of deaths before R.I.P removal is 2 and the last one is a third. Ps: I will not change my name. sorry.

It would make sense, but your amount of pokemon in your team would be painfully limited and there are no bomb pokemon to my knowledge besides voltorb and electrode. Plus the challenge would be harder than a nuzlocke, I have already lost 2 pokemon in my emerald nuzlocke attempts on Youtube, and I am only at the electric gym.

That would require changing the whole challenge though, or at least majority of it. It'd be easier to just rename it and not have to rework how the whole thing works...if this guy even comes back to this, of course.
And I did, I am not that forgetful. And I HAVE a name. And emotions. And you are not very polite.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Did yu not read my rule about not having 2 or more pokemon of same type? Refrence to the Triforce, and you can only have a certain number of pokemon. How many triangles are in the triforce besides the empty one in the middle? The Number of deaths before R.I.P removal is 2 and the last one is a third. Ps: I will not change my name. sorry.

It's a loose reference, though. That doesn't scream "Zelda themed" to me, so my point still stands. If the challenge, for example, required that you pick three Pokemon and base them off each part of the Triforce, it would make more sense and be easier to pick up the Zelda theme. Pikachu for Courage, Gardevoir for Wisdom, and Machamp for Power, just as an example. No repeating types there either.

And I did, I am not that forgetful. And I HAVE a name. And emotions. And you are not very polite.

I'm used to people ditching challenges and I don't know you or how active you are (plus you're still new, only joining this summer), so I'm usually left to assume that people will ditch what they create. You're the one not being polite here. If I was truly impolite, I'd go ahead and lock your thread right now, but I'm not doing that. Think before you talk back, please.

I'm not trying to force you to change your challenge, I'm merely trying to help you and give you suggestions. Your challenge already made it through approval, so there is no need to pout. If I thought it didn't need to go through, I wouldn't have let it. That's all I'm saying in here, and if you have any further problems, you're free to PM me.

Back