• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you steal Kenya?

Years
I most definitely did not steal Kenya, but I did take a part of the quest in delivering it.. I also didn't train it at all since nothing good would have happened out of it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I always forget this sidequest, so no, I never stole Kenya. :( I probably wouldn't anyway. I can get my own Spearow and I'd feel really bad if I didn't deliver the letter and what not.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I did in the old versions because I thought it was a gift Pokemon, since I was the kind of gameplayer that kept pressing A, so I did not notice his sidequest.

In Gen IV, I get to learn about IVs and other battle related knowledge, considering Kenya does not have a set of excellent IVs, not Jolly natured and so I gave it to that man.
Hopefully he did not eat Kenya.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Ohh no, I should be the meaniest of the lots.

I took Kenya, delete the mail, then released it in my Gold/ Crystal xDDD

I forgot if I release or returned it in HGSS though, but I like to be mean to NPCs xD

Typhon

'sup
Years
I only found out about it recently, which kinda amazed me. Even though it's a pretty common Pokémon; I still took it. I even used it on my team on my first playthrough of Soul Silver, and it proved to be a great companion. :D

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 3, 2014
Didnt really want the TM you get but im keeping the bird incase i cant get a wild Spearow(havent played HG/SS in a while)

Sirfetch’d

I have played HG and SS about 5 times and I can honestly say that I stole him each and every time. I never really wanted to go through the trouble of delivering him, so I just used Kenya as my Fly slave!

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
I took Kenya over to my Black 2!
I just like "gift" Pokémon from games. 3: not that she was an actual gift but.. yea..
Anyway, yes, I still have her!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 29, 2020
I usually ditch Kenya in the PC with the idea to train it later (then forget about him). For the letter, I usually go through the effort of catching a Magikarp especially for that. Delivering a worthless pokemon is much more fun, and giving away a pokemon with boosted experience gain would be a waste, wouldn't it?

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
Years
Okay, so technically, this was way back in my brother's Gold version...

The thing was, we were too young at that time. When he received the Spearow, he had no idea what to do with it. He couldn't remove it from his team either, since he can't remove a Pokemon with mail from his team...

He already had a Fearow at the time, so in the end, he had to travel with that bird... without training it... to the point that he reached the Elite 4, and became champion.

From then on, we dubbed it the legendary spearow for ending up in the Hall of Fame =w=

It was only post-game that he finally got rid of it XD

Back