• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I agree, they were some of my favourites. I think that X and Y will end up being one of the biggest sellers on the 3DS and boost their sales even more.
Well, I think it'll be the boost people need to actually purchase a 3DS. The majority of DS users play Pokémon, and an overwhelming majority of those people who play it play it in part due to loyalty to the franchise. I suspect that'll be the only reason that the 3DS will get a sales boost given that, for most people (the ones that I know, anyway), there aren't that many games that interest them on the 3DS yet. If someone were to buy a system for a single game, Pokémon would definitely be the most likely to encourage people to do so. But either way, people couldn't have expected them to stay on the DS after it's been out for, what? Six, seven years? I mean, come on...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So, it is going to be just over 51 new Pokemon? That is pretty low, considering how many are normally added each Generation.
Maybe they are concentrating on content and going down the whole 'quality not quantity' route, which would make me happy.​
I don't think just that much, there will probably be below 800, but over 700, so around 100 or so really.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Honestly I think I might be a little disappointed if it's exactly 100, especially after Unova bringing 150. I like change, I like new Pokemon. XD;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
New Pokémon is what makes new Pokémon games so exciting. After all, the plot is pretty recycled and if you play for plot, you pretty much only really need to play one game to get the gist.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ya totally. Not the amount though but the hype and lead up in general to each announcement of new Pokemon is what I care about I just hope there's a lot of Pokemon announced not really the number but 100 still is low :x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I tend to forget how many there are honestly. It seems like less when you think of everything region-by-region. I wouldn't mind if gen 6 introduced 300, I wouldn't complain lmao. VARIETY, CHANGE, ETC. Fun stuff.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Certainly would allow more opportunity to snag usernames named after Pokémon! ;)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
lmao. More than that IT'D INFLUENCE COMPETITIVE and we all know we're here because we want competitive to change dramatically with amazing new mons, ofc.

seriously, I hope gen 6's introduced Pokemon don't suck entirely competitively :x

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Yes if there's one thing I want more than anything else is the changes these games will cause in competitive battling.....

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
loool.

Hey you never know, if the Y vulture thing turns out to be amazing in battling, it might even motivate you to battle :3; Or anyone. THESE POKEMON MIGHT BE THAT AMAZING IN-GAME THAT EVERYONE STARTS COMPETITIVE I wish.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That pleases me Fabio.

And nope I'd rather more Drizzle and Drought mons (so Politoed/Ninetales can drop to NU). But ones for a tier higher than NU, that is. :)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yeaaah I want more snow warning users because aboma suuuuucks. Well, actually, aboma is okay, but... I really, really do't like it's typing. But if they are going to add more weather users, I really, really, hope they slap it on to a pokemon that has dual typing; instead of one that just has a 'single' type. Like, Ninetales was okay, but, there were plenty more options, like.. Heatran, or heck, even Arcanine. Maybe the fire starter gets in in Dream World?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
We just found out about Pokémon X and Y this morning, but Pokémon company international is already out and about answering questions… sort of.

We asked J.C. Smith, the director of consumer marketing for the Pokémon company international, about the gameplay, the graphics, how many new Pokémon we can expect to see, and a lot more about for Pokémon X and Y. He wasn't ready to answer most of our specific questions, but he did offer a few tidbits and promised that new information on the game is coming as early as tomorrow.

Smith also assured us that Takao Unno, director of Black and White 2, and Junichi Masuda, producer of Black and White 2, enjoyed our previous interview where we asked a number of bizarre questions. We were sure that we would never be allowed to speak to them again.

Keep an eye out tomorrow for more information on Pokémon X and Y, and in the meantime check out Smith's answers below.

So we might get more info later today?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
lol yes I hope it's DW thing @ Doronjo. That'd make the starter way more awesome.

Also more information tomorrow? Daym that's early lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back