• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Magikarps Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Circaoffire - Yeah I did feel a little repetitive... but I've PM'd you some ideas and such, let us know what you think.

Critx - You know! But now with the move set I've given this magikarp it will be even more awesome.

NecrumWarrior - Yeeeah, but magikarps a little different, his evolution doesn't suck. - but like ROBO-BOY said, Pokémon Toxic Purple you have a ratatta...

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
this looks like a nice hack i love Magikarp i always have one in my team and i never give them exp share or dump them into a daycare i put them as lead Pokemon and switch them out so they gain experience and happiness just by being in the battle and not having to actually battle if you need any more beta testers ill be happy to help out :D

Years
EliteReiko - Then your going to love this hack :P and that's the way everyone should be training it! Also I'll keep you updated on when the release for the beta is. :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Nice project and always remember that i support you and if you need any beta tester then PM me (:

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
EliteReiko - Then your going to love this hack :P and that's the way everyone should be training it! Also I'll keep you updated on when the release for the beta is. :)

yeah its a real shame that rarely people respect the beast that is magikarp

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
The idea is odd and that but yeah, it could work... wouldn't this be an incredibly boring hack to make though?

Tohoma

XSE School of Script Graduate
Years
What an odd but innovative idea. To be honest I am actually looking forward to playing this hack. Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Magikarp's stats inherently lower than every other pokemon? If so, even with given moves it would be a total pain in the ass to train it.

Tryploshion

I become a Pokemon Master!
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
What an odd but innovative idea. To be honest I am actually looking forward to playing this hack. Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Magikarp's stats inherently lower than every other pokemon? If so, even with given moves it would be a total pain in the ass to train it.

The most weak poemons is Sukern, about the hack i dont know how u will do magikarp a good pokemon, but i love ur idea i got excited when i read it good luck.

Years
DaleH771 - You would think that, but I'm putting in a different storyline and also a lot of easter eggs for people to find, just to spice things up abit.

Tohoma(Newbie) - Thank you, but yes, magikarp was. That's why I decided it would be better if I improved his stats. So the magikarp you start with will be battle ready like a normal starter.

Tryploshion - It's already done, magikarp is battle ready and doesn't die after two battles. And it does aim to please, glad you love it. The beta is due out soon (2 to 3 weeks ish, but won't be a complete beta) so check back then!

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Magikarp is ready for battle? Are you out of your mind!? Magikarps need to know only splash at level 5 so trainers catch a Pokemon as soon as possible then have Magikarp set at the top of the party so they're sent out first then switched to another Pokemon to actually fight. We repeat these steps until Magikarp learns enough to actually fight then we use him. That's how I train my Magikarps. Having it ready right away doesn't give as much a useless feel as it should. The more useless a Magikarp feels, the better it feels when it evolves.

The idea for that this entire hack is about appreciating Magikarp...
mlfw8102_small.jpg

Years
U_Flame - I understand where you're comming from and that, but if he only new splash you wouldn't be able to beat your rival right at the start... and if you can't do that, you don't get any pokéballs. So you can kinda see why he needed to be battle ready. It will also add more to the story if it's an ancient magikarp and all that.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
U_Flame - I understand where you're comming from and that, but if he only new splash you wouldn't be able to beat your rival right at the start... and if you can't do that, you don't get any pokéballs. So you can kinda see why he needed to be battle ready. It will also add more to the story if it's an ancient magikarp and all that.

Then you can change it so the rival battle happens after getting Pokeballs right?

Years
I could yes... But if I did you would have some trouble catching the pokémon when you can't get their health down, you're money would run out faster than anything.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
You'd be surprised how easy it is to catch low level Pokemon at full health.

Years
That being said it would be annoying right at the start when you get magikarp. You go straight into battle with him so you'd just be killed instently.

Years
That being said it would be annoying right at the start when you get magikarp. You go straight into battle with him so you'd just be killed instently.
Loving this hack actually, but since it is an aincent magikarp don't u think it needs a different or more epicer look considering the fact it is an aincent magikarp and also it's evolution deserves another look dosen't it, try to make magikarp and Gyrados look different kay?

Years
Uzigunner - Thanks, and I was thinking about that actually, I was wondering if I should use the Magikarp and Gyrados that are in the second banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back