• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Feedback Request: Unused/underused features!

Vote for a feature if you use it regularly/don't want to see it removed

• Post icons - the little images that you pick that show up next to your thread when viewing a forum

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • "Hot threads" - the little icon next to threads when they have more than 30 posts / 300 views

Votes: 139 39.2%
  • Page breakdown - the text that says "(1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)" next to threads (we would shorten th

Votes: 250 70.4%
  • Extra thread images - the little images that show up next to threads that show if they have attachme

Votes: 137 38.6%
  • Community links - those links at the top of most styles that say "Home" "Blogs" "Oekaki" "Chat" etc.

Votes: 136 38.3%
  • "Share This Thread" - links in threads that let you quicky post threads to facebook/twitter/other so

Votes: 59 16.6%
  • Picture albums - anything besides profile designs or hacks or "hey look at my PC screenshots!"?

Votes: 109 30.7%
  • The calendar. 'nuff said.

Votes: 64 18.0%
  • Instant messenger icons in posts

Votes: 74 20.8%
  • Youtube videos in profiles/as profile images

Votes: 148 41.7%

• Total voters

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
If the Oekaki isn't going down, does it mean Hstaff has some plan to promote activity in there? The last activity was from 2011, I think.

Clacla

karp karp karp
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
To me, it seems the Social Groups were used even more than the Oekaki. Ever since I registered here almost 4 years ago, I have yet to see one thread promoting some kind of activity of the Oekaki. If anything, I'd actually trade the Social Groups for the Oekaki. One seems to just be more active than the other... As was stated earlier by Harlequin.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I miss the good ol' Social Groups. I wouldn't mind trading them with the Oekaki, does anyone even use it? Like Team Fail said, in the three years I've been here, I haven't seen one thread promoting it at all.

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Not sure what the Social Groups were, but someone mentioned I think a Rep System was in place but removed as well? I actually like Rep Systems lol

Rep Systems that only have positives are great to avoid those angry, immature negative rep abusing-types. It's also just fun to have. Assuming there are little bars under our names that increase with rep? And if there is a max Rep received and given by day, that helps, too.

I actually think I was around in '09 when Rep was in place... I have a handful of comments in my CP, albeit negative, that I think are related to it.

But unless there's some sort of activity or plans to increase activity in the Oekaki, I don't see the point of keeping it :\

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Rukario just doesn't like to get rid of anything on or related to PC, no matter how little it's used or how much members ignore or abuse it. ^_^

As for rep, I think likes and post comments are a much better way of giving feedback for someone's post, either positive or negative (and negative should be done constructively, which comments sort of encourage). I don't think the old rep system will ever come back.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Not sure what the Social Groups were, but someone mentioned I think a Rep System was in place but removed as well? I actually like Rep Systems lol

Rep Systems that only have positives are great to avoid those angry, immature negative rep abusing-types. It's also just fun to have. Assuming there are little bars under our names that increase with rep? And if there is a max Rep received and given by day, that helps, too.

I actually think I was around in '09 when Rep was in place... I have a handful of comments in my CP, albeit negative, that I think are related to it.

But unless there's some sort of activity or plans to increase activity in the Oekaki, I don't see the point of keeping it :\

lmao rep as you know it will never come back

And yeah, as far as I know, Social Groups were obliterated for the same reason the Oekaki should be: they were dead.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I voted for a few things...

But I was a bit sad to see that the "Search" interface isn't being promoted. Like I always like to search for a certain user, but I find it difficult to come by searching a username, like viewing the Memberlist is a BIG pain.

Cherrim

Years
I voted for a few things...

But I was a bit sad to see that the "Search" interface isn't being promoted. Like I always like to search for a certain user, but I find it difficult to come by searching a username, like viewing the Memberlist is a BIG pain.
It's not instantly accessible like keyword search is, but if you go into Advanced Search (which you can get to from the search dropdown on the navbar), the two options are search by keyword and search by username. Username auto-completes from the username list, too, so if you know the beginning of their name, you don't need to know it perfectly.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Ah, OK. I totally get what y'all are saying about it being abused. I've seen it happen on other boards; I was totally super awesome and fabulous (like I am now, j/k) and people negrep'd me to the point where I was 56% negative and 44% positive, simply because they didn't like my server reviews bashing their server of choice, or they didn't like my opinion, or they didn't like me bashing them when they bashed me / a buddy first.

It's a completely biased system.

However~

If you can only positive rep, then that's sweet :D 'cause then everyone is happy and you feel loved and you just get all fuzzies ♡ I'd positive rep someone not just for their post, but to make them feel nice, which imo is a good thing regardless.

Anyway, I'll stick by what's being said about the Oekaki. Promote or abolish.

Also, reviewing the CP about post comments (thought it was Rep-related) helped me realize that Pika left me a post message lol Yay for it not being negative, like the other five.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Rep system should stay dead. Kill the Oekaki. I've been here five years and still don't even know what it is. Social groups don't need to return either. The fan clubs and Pokemon groups do a wonderful job and social groups would just take away from them again.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Good grief, please let the rep system rot in the pits of hell. That thing was never a good idea, and never will be. Even if we only gave positive rep, it'd still be abused imo. I'd rather likes then positive rep.

Also, pretty much bandwagoning in regards to Oekaki. Same as Syd, I've been around for roughly the same amount of time and don't know what it is.

droomph

weeb
Years
To me, it seems the Social Groups were used even more than the Oekaki. Ever since I registered here almost 4 years ago, I have yet to see one thread promoting some kind of activity of the Oekaki. If anything, I'd actually trade the Social Groups for the Oekaki. One seems to just be more active than the other... As was stated earlier by Harlequin.

I thought it was weird to have something that inactive "alive" also. Can we get rid of it? Might free up the interwebs a bit.

Cid

Years
Page breakdown and YouTube videos are a must. >:3

Otherwise I think they're all accessory features. The links at the top I didn't vote to keep just because of the Oekaki, which is unfortunately as dead as they come right now. I second the motion of replacing that with the server. Sorry Oekaki users!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
If you can only positive rep, then that's sweet :D 'cause then everyone is happy and you feel loved and you just get all fuzzies ♡ I'd positive rep someone not just for their post, but to make them feel nice, which imo is a good thing regardless.

That's why we have likes. Because they can only be positive!

The "post comments" are supposed to be rep but without keeping a counter that can be abused- it's entirely private between the one giving and the one receiving.

(Also the Oeakaki thing does merit a discussion tbh. What is its purpose? I still don't know and I think I should be aware...)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
When viewing a forum, it actually is helpful to see if you have maybe posted in the thread before. It's really neat that you can see how many posts you have in a thread and even when the last one was made, by hovering over the extra thread image.

Thread icons are a bit more redundant, perhaps, but it is fun for some and useful for making your thread stick out a little. BUT maybe revamp the thread icons a little? Why not have pokémon icons on a pokémon forum? :) The smileys are ugh but the ghosts that may or may not still be there from halloween was fun. They don't even need to be animated; it's probably nicer to look at the forum if there are not a lot of moving icons there (I'm looking at you, Duskull).

But yeah, I would like it if one row of images was removed. Now we have both extra thread images and the thread icons. It's pretty irrelevant to know if a thread is "hot" or not. The only nice thing from the extra images is the hovering function so if that could be applied to the thread icon instead (and the icons revamped) it would be perfect!

Also I love that the "currently active users viewing this thread" is back! Hope it is to stay.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
When viewing a forum, it actually is helpful to see if you have maybe posted in the thread before. It's really neat that you can see how many posts you have in a thread and even when the last one was made, by hovering over the extra thread image.

Almost forgot about this and I hope it stays because sometimes (like in OVP) I forget which threads I've already replied to.

droomph

weeb
Years
But it could certainly be repurposed or somehow improved so it gets more activity, right?
LET'S SEE

• I don't know, I've always wanted to post in there, but I suck at art, so…:P
  • I've actually tried being on there a couple times, but it just seems so…"old". I mean, if you guys managed to actually update the skins or something once in a while it would be better and more attractive. I know you guys have more magical things to attend to, so I don't blame ya.
  • The staff isn't very interested. Maybe try getting someone who's interested? Then again……………

I'll think of more when I find some more, but it seems that the only options are to money-hire (like a job at a store or something) someone to get it back on track, or to have everyone magically awesome at art, so I don't know. But try if you will.

AND STEVE I KNOW I DON'T EVEN FALL INTO THE "PEOPLE YOU LISTEN TO" CATEGORY BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP IT ON I SUGGEST THAT YOU HELP OUT WITH THE RESTRUCTURING, ETC. /banned

Cherrim

Years
But it could certainly be repurposed or somehow improved so it gets more activity, right?
We've tried that about 3-4 times in the past, although to be fair I think the last time we tried was something like 2005. <_< But oekaki just aren't relevant on the internet anymore. Even when we first implemented it, the application was on its way out as far as popularity and usage goes.

Back