• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

hoe

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2010
Your scripting is amazing, though movements are a little slow, so I hold down the speed button often. I love the scripts so much, and meeting the players from everything else is wonderful.

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
Years
  • Age 112
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016

I was really interested in playing this, but when I went to download it from the website, instead of the usual download window popping up, it just loaded a page with a lot of:

Rar!ϐs
�t��W���yԓ��<32 Light Platinum Beta 2 translated by SP and Ash.ips�N���"(�����` � ��M���#�b��� C�XŃ�E�c!E�Y
��F8��놆*(+��1G@��ϼ���2��;Wx"Ϛ<�>����y�[/.ꫵ��{]�Uwd�'�М��߾���2̌d8��0Wk��ؚu�v����[2�vr"��[ʍ�� >oTc���*?����ÙI�J�&�{�&�9��ۙ��l��{��"+Y�P�}!��ƃ�7��t�֎j��K�q�Ӯ}��;O@&�OP.kv�^@�͠�!���÷��5_�d�,{�`eG�� �{�ƾJ�J�xge�ȹ63M.c���r$˦�C��d]7����Y���ę�38g�g�<�k`j��f:*�sBޞ�s�$ӊ�Ʊ�5�L��~]�`�h��Sqr��a�i�y�P��@ȏ� y�2W4�i�m��I���JBlyp�2&�+x�q�Y��K8do�f�3��

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Years
We do have 19 days till Christmas though. :) I wonder if Welsey will reveal the 19 other Unova Pokemon in his next update? Also I came up for new names for Gym Leaders in the easy verison:
Jessica- Beatrice (has bee in it)
Esmeralda- Laurel (type of flower)
Lucas- Seann (has sea and sounds similar to Seanport)
Thomas- Hal (first 3 letters of Halloween)
Carlos- Landon (has land in it)
Wally- Eric (has first and last 3 letters of electric)
Aline- Krista (sounds like crystal)
Dragonbreath Gym Leader- Derek (sounds like Drake)
Rocavely Gym Leader- Ricardo (sounds like rock hard)
Skyner Gym Leader- Violet (city of Falkner in Johto)
Flamenry Gym Leader- Bernie (has burn in it)
Kosaka Gym Leader- Charlotte (sounds like Charlie another way of saying Chuck)
Merydian Gym Leader- Norbert (contains first 3 letters of normal)
Noormeak Gym Leader- Marshall (comes from marsh)
Ricyan Gym Leader- Brian (same letters as brain)
Ironnem Gym Leader- Irene (sounds like iron)

I enjoy playing Light Platinum as much as you guys, maybe it wins Hack of the Year 2010?

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
We do have 19 days till Christmas though. :) I wonder if Welsey will reveal the 19 other Unova Pokemon in his next update? Also I came up for new names for Gym Leaders in the easy verison:
Jessica- Beatrice (has bee in it)
Esmeralda- Laurel (type of flower)
Lucas- Seann (has sea and sounds similar to Seanport)
Thomas- Hal (first 3 letters of Halloween)
Carlos- Landon (has land in it)
Wally- Eric (has first and last 3 letters of electric)
Aline- Krista (sounds like crystal)
Dragonbreath Gym Leader- Derek (sounds like Drake)
Rocavely Gym Leader- Ricardo (sounds like rock hard)
Skyner Gym Leader- Violet (city of Falkner in Johto)
Flamenry Gym Leader- Bernie (has burn in it)
Kosaka Gym Leader- Charlotte (sounds like Charlie another way of saying Chuck)
Merydian Gym Leader- Norbert (contains first 3 letters of normal)
Noormeak Gym Leader- Marshall (comes from marsh)
Ricyan Gym Leader- Brian (same letters as brain)
Ironnem Gym Leader- Irene (sounds like iron)

I enjoy playing Light Platinum as much as you guys, maybe it wins Hack of the Year 2010?
I just have one question about making an easy version, did Wesly specificly tell you you could if the answer is yes, go for it. If not, you can still make it, but don't release it (or give a lot of details about it) until he says you can.

Years
SarcasticPrince is making a hard version and Welsey didn't say anything. And the easy version will be named Pokemon Light Platinum Plus. (or LP+) As said before it will be Pokemon Platinum easy which is the point. Thomas or Hal will have a Lv. 32 Haunter since Maylene has a Lv. 32 Lucario in Platinum, but don't worry the aftergame will be Black and White Aftergame/Geechisu battle hard in the 60-65 levels. It will be worked on after I complete Beta 3 first and it hasn't been released yet.

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
SarcasticPrince is making a hard version and Welsey didn't say anything. And the easy version will be named Pokemon Light Platinum Plus. (or LP+) As said before it will be Pokemon Platinum easy which is the point. Thomas or Hal will have a Lv. 32 Haunter since Maylene has a Lv. 32 Lucario in Platinum, but don't worry the aftergame will be Black and White Aftergame/Geechisu battle hard in the 60-65 levels. It will be worked on after I complete Beta 3 first and it hasn't been released yet.
Sarcastic Prince is the official translator and Wesley already allow him, You should ask Wesley for this

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2011
ok sorry if this came up many times but I seriously cannot find info about this
is the current newest version beta 2? or there is a newest version?
because i keep seeing people talking beta 3/4 on internet while on his official website I only see beta 2.
Sorry, I just want to figure this out before I play the game, I don't want start on new game again knowing there is newer version

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Sarcastic Prince is the official translator and Wesley already allow him, You should ask Wesley for this
Thanks for mentioning... :/
But it doesn't matter 'cause most of us will be playing non-edited translated version anyway =)

@Unknowndevil: Beta 2 of new LP is the newest version =)
People are talking about beta 3 or 4 because they get beta 1 of new LP as the beta 3 of LP, I know it seems complicated but the only right name for the newest version is Beta 2 of new LP.

Last edited:

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
Thanks for mentioning... :/
But it doesn't matter 'cause most of us will be playing non-edited translated version anyway =)
You're welcome, I also will play the non edited version :), maybe I'll play the hard version until finish the non edited version, anyway I really really can't wait :), how long does it takes to translate?

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2010
I was just wondering when you get running shoes, im already at the 1st gym leader facing him and i haven't gotten them yet?

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
All I can say is wow. This hack is one of the best hacks I have ever seen. How you got all 493 pokemon in this hack is beyond me. Its obvious that you put alot of time and effort into making it. Keep up the amazing work!

Equin

Got it memorized?
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
All I can say is wow. This hack is one of the best hacks I have ever seen. How you got all 493 pokemon in this hack is beyond me. Its obvious that you put alot of time and effort into making it. Keep up the amazing work!
Sorry to bust your bubble, but that would be a great step in third gen hacking, if it was indeed true. WesleyFG replaced some of the existing pokemon with Sinnoh ones, and did not add them. The effort put, though, is still quite a lot.

Anyway, I'm going to setup a review system, and thinking about trying it first on this hack. So, wait for me, Light Platinum! I'm going to give it a vast playthrough!

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Thanks to translators for putting this game into English. Wishing this hack good luck for hack of the year :)

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
Well Christmass is getting close...
Do you Wesley have any last moment updates to hook us in?
Anyway, I agree with Equin, there can be only 386 pokemon in a third gen game. The catridge is limited to this number in all gen 3 ROMs (including FRLG) and so far, it can't be expanded...

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2023
Can't seem to down load it off the other down load site :( i just get a new web page with loads of jumbled symbols. Where am i going wrong?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
You're welcome,
You do realize that it was an irony? ;)

how long does it takes to translate?
I don't want to jump into some speculations so I'm not gonna answer this =D

Anyway, I agree with Equin, there can be only 386 pokemon in a third gen game. The catridge is limited to this number in all gen 3 ROMs (including FRLG) and so far, it can't be expanded...
Well to tell the truth you are not right ;) Every 3rd gen ROM can have 386+25 pokemon which is 411 and that's the number of Pokemon LP will have.

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Well to tell the truth you are not right ;) Every 3rd gen ROM can have 386+25 pokemon which is 411 and that's the number of Pokemon LP will have.
Actually as miksy pointed out you can have 0xffff pokemon (or more easily 0xfff), but that would require repointing. I'm eagerly awaiting the Christmas beta, but personally I think it won't be the last one. I mean did you see how few of the scripts wesley had done? I guess he knows better than I do about what he has to do though.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2011
So here's my issue with this game:
My VBA's default save settings are at Flash 128k
I've got a clean Ruby Rom downloaded
I'm using SNESTOOL to patch my Rom with the ips file.

I'm still getting a white screen at the startup. Will anyone help me out?

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
So here's my issue with this game:
My VBA's default save settings are at Flash 128k
I've got a clean Ruby Rom downloaded
I'm using SNESTOOL to patch my Rom with the ips file.

I'm still getting a white screen at the startup. Will anyone help me out?
same problem here, but im using lunar ips

Back