• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
The caves called Vrai Cave? xD That's awesome! :D As for the cave itself, I can't find any flaws and I think from the two screenshots thta it looks good. :) I wonder what Pokemon will be in the cave? :S

Uh, four fakemon, some usual suspects and some Smeargle. :P

Vrai Cave.....! Kinda strange name but the tiles are wonderfull.....XD. Also your map of Vrai cave is very very good{not sure you maped it or anyone alse but really good}. Hope I can play new beta soon and good luck.

Vrai = French for truth. :<

Thanks, though.

Vrai Cave looks fantastic, Harribo. :>

I wish that I could say I can write music but I can't~

Thanks, Jakebear.

Seems like there's going to be a lot of Vrai in this game xD

I recently finished the second beta - loved it =D I was hooked on every second of it. Nalani was really easy for me though, somehow my team grew up to be anti-electric [Nidoking, Duglug, Breloom] and I can't wait for the next release!

Oh and after the Pteraerial Event my game experienced technical difficulties. I checked my Pokemon Menu to see it but then my game turned black while the music in the background when I pressed Start. The second time [since I had to do the event again on that point] I left instead of pressing anything and when I moved there was a glitchy strip of pixels in the background. The mini game was really fun nonetheless. It would be nice if you could make it more random though. When I went through it again because of the Start Menu problem I noticed everything was the same.

Keep up the good workkkk!~

Pokémon Sienna, Beta 2 Official Release

• Some tiles glitch up inside the house after the RoA mini-game, this is currently unfixable. It doesn't mess with the game and is therefore unimportant. Just refresh the map and they'll be gone forever.
Thanks, though. :P

The second screen of the cave looks glitched. Why did you use stairs on the ground?

Only now I realize how good the tiles actually look! :D
Good luck!

Haha, really... Don't ask. I do not know how that happened. Look below for how it was meant to look. :P.

Sienna-2.png
Sienna1-2.png
Sienna2.png
Sienna3.png

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I meant to comment before, the caves look great! Only 2 issues, and 1 is a personal thing, so I will put that under the "Ignore if you want" bit:

The girls head overlaps the bridg,e which is weird.. Probably due to the Background Byte for the bridge, right? If it wasn't intentional, you probably know how to fi xit anyway... But hey, I may as well say try making the bridge not have a Background Byte, and seeing if it still works, without her head overlapping the bridge.

And personal opinion (IGNORE if you want):

The Cave opening looks weird. True that the black gap of the original Pokemon ones weren't exactly realistic, but the new entrance looks weird. Probably due to:

A. The entrance doesn't have an outline
B. Unfamiliarity. (Probably not a word, but works)

xJordan360

plurfection.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
I noticed a little glitch. It only happens sometimes, but in the first forest where you have a throwdown with Team Rocket, it occasiaonyll froze on me when I tried to exit the forest to the north.

Also, as for tradevolve pokemon, I was wondering how that would be implemented?

EDIT: another thing I noticed, and I realize you probably just haven't got to it yet, is that some of the NPC's still reference Kanto. For example in the 2nd gym's town, someone in the PokeCenter rode uphill from Fuschia.
Just a thought.

And I've noticed a lot of hacks have this in common, but the map is still of Kanto? I don't know how hard that is to change, but it'd help me find my way a lot more.

Hope that helps ^_^

EDIT 2: When fighting the Rocket Boss in Thames Town, I got his Skarmory into the red. At this point, he attempted to use a Max Revive. Naturally, it did nothing but waste a turn. Something you should look into fixing in a later version ^_^

On Steel Way there is a Bird Trainer with a Magikarp and Gyarados. Not sure if that was intentional or not, since Gyara is technically flying..

Two things i noticed in Rhine Village. Right at the entrance, one of the road tiles on the right is not able to be walked upon. And second, there is a sprite identical to the main male character who teaches beat up. Wasn't sure if you meant to re-use that.

Last edited:

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
Umm... Not sure if you did this but if you put movement permission 3C on the bridge and movement permission 0 at each edge of the bridge, you are able to walk over and under it, that should fix the girl who overlaps the bridge...

If you did do this, sorry, just wanting to help. :)

Umm... Not sure if you did this but if you put movement permission 3C on the bridge and movement permission 0 at each edge of the bridge, you are able to walk over and under it, that should fix the girl who overlaps the bridge...

Last edited:

Logan

Years

Why are you even saying this? This was mentioned a post or so above your own. Please, read the majority of the thread before commenting. Also, your solution is incorrect. It's all about the behaviour byte and the such. The movement permission just makes it walkable.

I noticed a little glitch. It only happens sometimes, but in the first forest where you have a throwdown with Team Rocket, it occasiaonyll froze on me when I tried to exit the forest to the north.

Also, as for tradevolve pokemon, I was wondering how that would be implemented?

EDIT: another thing I noticed, and I realize you probably just haven't got to it yet, is that some of the NPC's still reference Kanto. For example in the 2nd gym's town, someone in the PokeCenter rode uphill from Fuschia.
Just a thought.

And I've noticed a lot of hacks have this in common, but the map is still of Kanto? I don't know how hard that is to change, but it'd help me find my way a lot more.

Hope that helps ^_^

EDIT 2: When fighting the Rocket Boss in Thames Town, I got his Skarmory into the red. At this point, he attempted to use a Max Revive. Naturally, it did nothing but waste a turn. Something you should look into fixing in a later version ^_^

On Steel Way there is a Bird Trainer with a Magikarp and Gyarados. Not sure if that was intentional or not, since Gyara is technically flying..

Two things i noticed in Rhine Village. Right at the entrance, one of the road tiles on the right is not able to be walked upon. And second, there is a sprite identical to the main male character who teaches beat up. Wasn't sure if you meant to re-use that.

Nah, the forest works for me. :<

Trade evolve are level evolve and have been implemented.

Text editing isn't exactly my number one priority.

Yeah, that's not a problem. I know exactly how to edit the world map. The problem is making a world map.

Yeah haha, I didn't know whether that would work out. But I tried it anyway, unfortunately it didn't work and I left it in for comical purposes.

Yeah? They're technically flying types...

Yeah, I never changed the person OW. Not really a problem, though; the script works. :D

I meant to comment before, the caves look great! Only 2 issues, and 1 is a personal thing, so I will put that under the "Ignore if you want" bit:

The girls head overlaps the bridg,e which is weird.. Probably due to the Background Byte for the bridge, right? If it wasn't intentional, you probably know how to fi xit anyway... But hey, I may as well say try making the bridge not have a Background Byte, and seeing if it still works, without her head overlapping the bridge.

And personal opinion (IGNORE if you want):

The Cave opening looks weird. True that the black gap of the original Pokemon ones weren't exactly realistic, but the new entrance looks weird. Probably due to:

A. The entrance doesn't have an outline
B. Unfamiliarity. (Probably not a word, but works)

Yeah, I just never got around to fixing the behaviour byte. It's working now.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2010
the beta download for the ips doesn't work for me, does any one else have this problem?
it starts off fun but from what i've played, i can only get to the first city and no where else...

I found a small glitch, when youy leave the first town and recieve the free potion, if you go back to the first town and returnt o the route, he keeps giving you potions....so far i have 28 and I plan on selling some to buy more pokeballs :)

Last edited:

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years

See your VMs. ;)

I'm sorry, but I've looked at your maps and they're a tad abysmal. :< We've also closed the mapping position now.

~*!*~Updates~*!*~

I've completely finished mapping Vrai Cave and have scripted two of its caverns.

haha.png
suinja.png

Credits:
Kyledove - Tiles
mitchel1 - Inserting them. ;)

cool tiles =o hmm that names familiar. it's not like theres a person pc with the name of that cave... [/sarcasm]

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
i downloaded beta 2 but when i went to Mekong City where the second gym is I got stuck. As i tried to leave, some guy said "Can't come through yet, They're renovating" Where is the third gym then? great game though

Logan

Years
Okay, so a lot has been going on in the Pokémon Sienna wooooorrrlllddd~ We've recruited three that's right, three new members of staff. They will all be joining us in the artistic department of this hack. We're very excited to have them on board and hope to see them develop along with this hack.

• Anastasia.R - Head Graphic/Pixel Artist
  • RedBaron474 - Pixel Artist
  • sasquatchd00d - Mapper
sasquatchd00d has already contributed with the map of Eternity Path and is currently mapping Angara Town, home of Voultan's fifth gym.

Here is a little bit of progress thus far...
2j6wwy.png
ssss.png

That Tauros is a side-quest and is a significant part of it. :3 (So, it's not just some random Tauros.)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Okay, so a lot has been going on in the Pokémon Sienna wooooorrrlllddd~ We've recruited three that's right, three new members of staff. They will all be joining us in the artistic department of this hack. We're very excited to have them on board and hope to see them develop along with this hack.

• Anastasia.R - Head Graphic/Pixel Artist
  • RedBaron474 - Pixel Artist
  • sasquatchd00d - Mapper
sasquatchd00d has already contributed with the map of Eternity Path and is currently mapping Angara Town, home of Voultan's fifth gym.

Here is a little bit of progress thus far...
2j6wwy.png
ssss.png

That Tauros is a side-quest and is a significant part of it. :3 (So, it's not just some random Tauros.)

Congrats on being new staff, dudes and ladies. :>

Anyway, while that Tauros looks interesting, I want to know about that other guy. D:

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
vrai cave??
what on earth made you call it that, that's the worst name i've ever heard!

aside from that, nice updates.
i just feel really impatient for beta 3 now.

Years
Look's great dude,the hack are one of the best i ever seen,really a magnificent hack.The overworlds are pretty good,the pallets of the trees have not been changed but look good whit the atmosphere.Hope play it soon.

Logan

Years
Look's great dude,the hack are one of the best i ever seen,really a magnificent hack.The overworlds are pretty good,the pallets of the trees have not been changed but look good whit the atmosphere.Hope play it soon.

Thanks, man. :>

I am very upset with you at the moment. D:

it's k, bb, i'll comfort you <3

vrai cave??
what on earth made you call it that, that's the worst name i've ever heard!

aside from that, nice updates.
i just feel really impatient for beta 3 now.

What, exactly, is wrong with Vrai? It's French for true/truth; I find it more attractive than the English version of it.

Beta 3? It's likely to be a long wait... I'm hoping to include eight of the Voultan gyms... Maybe even the Pokémon league.

Congrats on being new staff, dudes and ladies. :>

Anyway, while that Tauros looks interesting, I want to know about that other guy. D:

:D Thanks.

Nice updates. It looks really cool, and I'm wondering about the Tauros part. ;)
Good luck! :)

Thanks.

WELL, I don't want to show much about what goes on in Angara Town... Mostly because there isn't much besides a gym and the Tauros shiz. There is a screenshot that corresponds to the gym's type, though.

Sienna1-3.png
Sienna2-1.png
Sienna3-1.png

OHOHOH, I also inserted new tiles for Ganges City and some pretty houses for Angara Town that you can't see in those screenshots.

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
This is good game but there aren't 4th generation pokemons in this game...

Years
This is good game but there aren't 4th generation pokemons in this game...

...so? It's a hack of the third generation, and maybe Manipulation doesn't want to have "4th generation pokemons" in it?
In fact, there are some in there anyway.

Anyway, Harry, I'm loving the updates. I really need to test the new beta soon. D:

Last edited:
Back