• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spyro: Year Of The Dragon [Videos]

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
And yes I go by Lacreya on Youtube

I wanted to do a let's play for a while, and in the end it was between Legend of Dragoon (Which would end up being ungodly long even if I didn't plan on getting everything. XD) and Spyro: Year of the Dragon, my favorite of the original trio.

It was TwistedPuppy and TwilightBlade (Oh yeah. Both Trade Corner mods) that convinced me to do Spyro. XD So here is the result. I'm doing a One level a video type-thing. And I find myself kind of awkward the first two episodes. But still.

And I am trying to fix my sound issues, but I can't seem to record the sound on its own so I am dependant on what my mic pics up.

Anywho, here are the first 3 episodes.... -which total an hour of footage. XD-

Spoiler:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
OH! MY! GOD! This is the greatest thing ever! I'm probably never going to have the chance to play Spyro: Year of the Dragon again, due to my brother selling his PS2 and not wanting to pay for it on the PlayStation Store, so this is completely up my alley.

I really like it so far. The sound could use a bit of work, but it's not really that detrimental to the viewing experience, as most of the voicey parts have their own subtitles. But, yeah: please keep up the good work. You have a loyal listener in me.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
OH! MY! GOD! This is the greatest thing ever! I'm probably never going to have the chance to play Spyro: Year of the Dragon again, due to my brother selling his PS2 and not wanting to pay for it on the PlayStation Store, so this is completely up my alley.

I really like it so far. The sound could use a bit of work, but it's not really that detrimental to the viewing experience, as most of the voicey parts have their own subtitles. But, yeah: please keep up the good work. You have a loyal listener in me.

Oh wow. It's unfortunate that you can't play it. I'm glad that I can help you... not miss out I guess? idk. XD

And I am really glad you like it. I just don't know how to do the sound without like... killing my own ears, y'know? Or bothering my neighbors. It... It's kinda difficult. XD But I'll figure somethin out. :3

Thanks for the support~

Also: Update with episode 4 now~
I lost what to say so many times. XD

Spoiler:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
And now episode 5... Pokemon seems to make me talkative. XD

Spoiler:

blue

gucci
Years
Omg, this is SUCH a good game! I was playing this game last night and I wanna play it again now! keep it up love the LP!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I managed to catch your LP from the index, and had to check it out. The Spyro trilogy is one of my favorite nostalgic video game series. While watching your LP, everything about the game came to mind. (I wish I could play again, but I don't know where my CD is.)

I'll have to remember to check back on this thread. Looking forward to more!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Tiki Tiki Lodge! This level, and some of the Spacey levels towards the end, is one of the few I can remember quite vividly, so it was nice to actually see it again. And have a reminder of Sgt Byrd's awesomeness. Keep it up. :D

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Omg, this is SUCH a good game! I was playing this game last night and I wanna play it again now! keep it up love the LP!

Thanks! This IS one of my favorite childhood games~ by far. :3 I'm glad you like it.

I managed to catch your LP from the index, and had to check it out. The Spyro trilogy is one of my favorite nostalgic video game series. While watching your LP, everything about the game came to mind. (I wish I could play again, but I don't know where my CD is.)

I'll have to remember to check back on this thread. Looking forward to more!

D'aww I hope you find your disc soon~ It's good to know I'm not the only one going on a massive nostalgia trip here. Thank you~!

Tiki Tiki Lodge! This level, and some of the Spacey levels towards the end, is one of the few I can remember quite vividly, so it was nice to actually see it again. And have a reminder of Sgt Byrd's awesomeness. Keep it up. :D

I may give a reference to you in the episode where I do Sgt Byrd's level. :3 And I intend to, thank you~

For those of you who saw my blog, I took a few phrases to squeeze into the episode.... I had 11 (woulda been 12 if I found Mr Cat Dog's on time) phrases and managed to say all of them in this half hour episode.... It's only so long because Twisted was upset about how short episode 5 was.... So enjoy that last level and boss people~ As well as random word sheninigans.

Spoiler:

blue

gucci
Years
I think I prefered Spyro Gateway to Glimmer to the 3rd game but nonetheless Spyro is still an awesome series!

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
I think I prefered Spyro Gateway to Glimmer to the 3rd game but nonetheless Spyro is still an awesome series!

THAT'S the other name to Ripto's Rage. I was grilling my mind for it all day yesterday. XD I may do that one next because I had been requested to do so. XD

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
And now for episode 7. :3 I had a few more phrases to say, but failed in saying them all. XD

Spoiler:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
No, the Speedways are great! You get to fly and go through rings and flame spiders. What's not to like? Keep up the good work!

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Ugh, the Speedways.. the worst of them all IMO! Great video (:

This was the easy one, so I can't complain just yet.

No, the Speedways are great! You get to fly and go through rings and flame spiders. What's not to like? Keep up the good work!

ikr? The next one has some fun stuff too. I think i have to charge into stuff.... But thanks!

Sorry for no upload yesterday.... I was busy and my space was invaded. XD

So here is a 45 minute episode 9 to make up for it. XD I hope you're happy twisted!

Spoiler:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Episode 10 tiiiiiiiime~ Here we go. Thives galoooore~ <3

Spoiler:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I couldn't remember the name of it, but this is one of the few levels that I can actually recall playing quite vividly (the other is a space-y one with Agent 9... I imagine you'll get there eventually!). Nice to see it without having to resort to memory. And keep up the longer videos! They're the best ones. :D

blue

gucci
Years
Those thiefs are a pest! I could never catch them... well I could but it always took several attempts, keep bringing the videos (:

Years
I still remember a lot of the classic Spyro games, Year of the Dragon had a good storyline and was the first Spyro game to have other playable characters (Sparx, Hunter, Sheila, Sgt. Byrd, Agent 9 and Bentley).

I liked Agent 9 cos he's a monkey and I like monkeys.

And two particular minor characters (Handel and Greta from Gateway to Glimmer) made an appearance again.

Back