• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

nee here need some help..

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 1, 2015
Hi there..im Dallas i'm 24 and when i was younger i was a Pokaholic...lol..seriously i collected pokemon carss from the late 90's till around 2003-2004 ... i still have all my cards and am looking to sell them (i have no idead if this thread belongs here) anyeay i have a ton of cards and i have some i need help idenrifying the cost..the are from the 1996 pocket monster set they are as follows

Trainer-Blaine standing sideways
TRAINER- Magneton???
Both of those have no number on them?????

I have about 5 other pocket monster cards but i cant recall the characters names and they are written in japanese and i cant read it..lol the numbers are

I also have two energy cards from that set the purple and yellow but they dont look the best

I have another card written i japanese and it is 074/088 it sasys 1edition and has a gold trim on the back and says pokemon instead of pocket monsrers..anyone have any ideas???

Years
Unfortunately, I'm not all that knowledgable about the TCG, so I can't answer this question for you. I will move this over to our Pokemon TCG section though, so hopefully someone over there can help you out!

MOVED.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
While I think the Japanese cards look cooler (especially Classic-Neo), they often go for much less than the English variations for some reason.

It's normal for Japanese Trainer cards to have no number. In the Classic-Neo sets, only Pokémon had numbers (their Pokédex number). I didn't recall a Trainer card featuring Magneton, but I did some digging and found one that does have Magnemite in the art (Super Scoop Up -- $0.99).

The Pokémon you have listed here are Chinchou, Rhyhorn, Aipom, Geodude, and Stantler. Not sure what set(s) they're from, but I wouldn't expect more than $1 from each of them regardless. Heck, even Blaine is going for $1, despite being rare. This is assuming that they aren't the foil sticker cards that were popular in vending machines around 1999 (which are fake, but may sell for a little more since they're harder to find).

As for the last card, it's normal for e-cards and onward to have that kind of back. I'm pretty sure that this one in particular is Steelix (Skyridge), which is probably your best card here (assuming it's in good condition). I only see one listed on eBay and they're asking $8 for it.

Last edited:
Back