• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sacred Wings Clan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsukimaru

Double battles veteran
Years
hey vaporeon, in pokemon there are some facts, some managed by the trainers and others that we cannot control (we know you can -.-, but you shouldn`t).
the factors you can certainly control are Genes (IV), EV, Moveset, and strategies. the other factors are what makes the game what it is: 80% skill, 20% luck.
those are Damage calculation, Hax, and accuracy (for those who dont know, 100% attacks may miss even though the opponent`s evasiveness is 0, that`s because max accuracy allowed by the game is 99.9%)

if you modify this last 3 factors, the game loses its point and wouldnt be pokemon anymore since the FUN factor is missing. i mean, you decide when you win and when you lose, and that isn`t the point of competitive gaming.

of course this is just imo

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well, you can sorta control luck, by removing it entirely (or at least decreasing it), Rock Slide > Stone Edge, HP fighting > Focus Blast, etc. :x I personally don't trust anything with luck, except Stone Edge which barely misses for me, therefore is perfect. AND... to control luck you would use Stone Edge on a turn it doesn't matter, on a switch-in that you could OHKO anyways. /suchlogicIknow

Or... to master luck, use Jirachi and hax the world. :)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
hey vaporeon, in pokemon there are some facts, some managed by the trainers and others that we cannot control (we know you can -.-, but you shouldn`t).
the factors you can certainly control are Genes (IV), EV, Moveset, and strategies. the other factors are what makes the game what it is: 80% skill, 20% luck.
those are Damage calculation, Hax, and accuracy (for those who dont know, 100% attacks may miss even though the opponent`s evasiveness is 0, that`s because max accuracy allowed by the game is 99.9%)

if you modify this last 3 factors, the game loses its point and wouldnt be pokemon anymore since the FUN factor is missing. i mean, you decide when you win and when you lose, and that isn`t the point of competitive gaming.

of course this is just imo

I never said I'd ever do it, I just said one could do it.

Years
Well, you can sorta control luck, by removing it entirely (or at least decreasing it), Rock Slide > Stone Edge, HP fighting > Focus Blast, etc. :x I personally don't trust anything with luck, except Stone Edge which barely misses for me, therefore is perfect. AND... to control luck you would use Stone Edge on a turn it doesn't matter, on a switch-in that you could OHKO anyways. /suchlogicIknow

Or... to master luck, use Jirachi and hax the world. :)

Your terminology is misleading and technically incorrect. You are not actually controlling luck, as that is not possible (excluding Vaporeon's theory for the sake of realistic gameplay). I know you mean that you are reducing the risk factor by using more accurate moves or attacking with inaccurate moves when the opponent is likely to switch etc. I'm just being needlessly nit picky here :p

Anyway, I generally tend to use the high powered, less accuracy attacks like Fire Blast over Flamethrower for example. The dark side is all about wielding great and terrifying power.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
i would love to join this clan if it is possible

Tsukimaru

Double battles veteran
Years

Your terminology is misleading and technically incorrect. You are not actually controlling luck, as that is not possible (excluding Vaporeon's theory for the sake of realistic gameplay). I know you mean that you are reducing the risk factor by using more accurate moves or attacking with inaccurate moves when the opponent is likely to switch etc. I'm just being needlessly nit picky here :p

Anyway, I generally tend to use the high powered, less accuracy attacks like Fire Blast over Flamethrower for example. The dark side is all about wielding great and terrifying power.

well, i difere from your oppinion about accuracy and power. i think that power isn`t everything. i rather a decent power BUT high accuracy because let`s say your last poke is fighting the opponent`s last poke, and you want to use fire blast, then you fail and your opponent sweeps you. however, if you use flamethrower (best fire-type attack followed by Fiery Dance imo), you are SURE ENOUGH that you won the match.

this happened so many times to me when i was starting to competitive play pokemon that i gave up on using overpowered moves as i used to.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
well, i difere from your oppinion about accuracy and power. i think that power isn`t everything. i rather a decent power BUT high accuracy because let`s say your last poke is fighting the opponent`s last poke, and you want to use fire blast, then you fail and your opponent sweeps you. however, if you use flamethrower (best fire-type attack followed by Fiery Dance imo), you are SURE ENOUGH that you won the match.

this happened so many times to me when i was starting to competitive play pokemon that i gave up on using overpowered moves as i used to.

Yeah I always tend to go for ones with accuracy. I mean I'd be all good if rock attacks and special fighting had higher accuracy (or Aura Sphere was dispersed more) but lower attack, because really for certain attacks, most of the Pokemon you face in the tier (OU) at least are 2x weak anyway to those so even the weaker versions w/ higher accuracy win out.

i would love to join this clan if it is possible

Well you applied to two other clans, are you apart of them or...?

Pfft, it's close enough to controlling y/y? :3;

And if luck hates you, you lose. In real life would you take that risk?! Probably not!!

Haaaaaaai! I'd like to join, please! :D

I ALREADY ACCEPTED YOU ON PO BUT HI STAY ACTIVE WELCOME AND SO ON. :)

Years

It's also happened that flamethrower lacked the power I needed to KO certain threats etc and I was like why isn't this Fire Blast. It usually happens on the battle subway though, when you're on the higher levels.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay added you smurf, aaand everyone else, I updated the first post [ http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7000057&postcount=1 ] so it's now sexy, so give me a link to the sprites you want next to your name AND since nobody seems fond of a tournament right now, I'd much rather if everyone started battling, and posting when they win or lose here. Now our first post looks sexy we can totally use more activity and such, GOGOGO EVERYONE.

So yeah, starting now, every battle you have with a clan member counts. :3

Years
Uhm Forever. Where is our clan theme song in the OP?

Also use this for my sprite.

giovanni.png

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'll add that back in a sec, it'll be in the scroll bar though.

Aaand I need transparent pngs. Or gifs. ;x White on black is ugly!!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I accepted you okay! Aaand for the first official battle on the board, beat him @ 6-0. ;x Dat Scizorrrr. Probably gunna rematch maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back