• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2016
This looks absolutely awesome. I'm a little jealous that you didn't release this as a kit. No offense to Poccil his kit is good, but this game blows anything made with his kit rite out of the water.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
This looks absolutely awesome. I'm a little jealous that you didn't release this as a kit. No offense to Poccil his kit is good, but this game blows anything made with his kit rite out of the water.
He used Poccil's kit. It's just heavily modified using the scripting system and of course the beautiful graphics.

I like how the battle interface is though. Like Abnegation said, it's more streamlined.

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2018
This looks AMAZING!

One complaint is your Pokemon Professor. All of the Main Professors have their names based off of a tree, it's kind of tradition by now (Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, and Juniper).

Anyways, can't wait to play! :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
This looks AMAZING!

One complaint is your Pokemon Professor. All of the Main Professors have their names based off of a tree, it's kind of tradition by now (Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, and Juniper).

Anyways, can't wait to play! :)
Well if you look through my game, it doesn't boast too many "traditional" features. First of all I don't have gym leaders, an E4 or a champion. The quest is not based around becoming a champion. My starter Pokemon are quite different to usual starter Pokemon in official games as they must evolve with stones, and they only evolve once. My battle system is quite different to the typical ones you see in the games. My mapping is also quite different and more detailed, less square. These are included with a number of other innovations in which stray from the traditional style. But thanks for the comment regardless, I'm just not interested in copying GameFreak all around.

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2018
That's all fine with me! I love your soundtrack by the way, it really reminds me of Pokemon music from the games.

I also really hope you release that battle system publicly, because I really love that Pokemon bar at the bottom. That's something Gamefreak could learn from you, it is a pretty obvious ease of access feature that should've been implemented a long time ago.

I also really do like the change of pace storywise, it's pretty original.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I've been following this game for awhile and I really have to say it is a fantastic looking game, amazing detail on the mapping and very unique, if there were a way, I would send this to Game Freak to be made into a real game. But to each his own, it is still very cool, however, I think you should maybe make some new pokemon since it is a different region, that would be cool to see. But still, great good job man, can't wait to play it :)
ABNEGATION, DON'T LISTEN TO HIM! I don't want anymore Fakemon infested games. They just are missing this charm, I guess.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2016
ABNEGATION, DON'T LISTEN TO HIM! I don't want anymore Fakemon infested games. They just are missing this charm, I guess.

Some people do like fakemon ya know... Personally I'm making 102 fakemon for my game, and many other people like fakemon in games. Abnegation may not want to add fakemon to his games, but you shouldn't act like fakemon are an infestation when people put hard work into making them.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Loving the debate about Fakemon. But so as to not let this get too off-topic I'll just jump in and confirm that there won't be any. I personally feel as if with 649 Pokemon to choose from, and about 1,000 if you count extra formes, I feel I have enough to choose from. Adding them would also slow progress considerably. But I enjoyed the discussion!

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I just want to say how great this looks. The only problem I can think of is how the world map only provides one direction to go in per route a lot of the time. But I doubt that would be much of a problem because of how fresh those maps are. By the way, is this back up and running fully? Sorry if I neglected the post where you would have said that.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I just want to say how great this looks. The only problem I can think of is how the world map only provides one direction to go in per route a lot of the time. But I doubt that would be much of a problem because of how fresh those maps are. By the way, is this back up and running fully? Sorry if I neglected the post where you would have said that.
My maps tend to be a lot less linear than most. One route tends to branch into a number of different directions and into other areas not evidently marked on the map you see there. But later in the game I am considering expanding the game somewhat, so that there's more directions to go in and more routes lead into one another and so forth.

Eriah

A lost past, hidden in shadow.
Years
Huh. This looks promising. Though if it's on RMXP, how do you get the music to play like that? Midis I know don't play like that and oggs don't loop from inserted points, they loop from beginning to end. Not to mention RMXP sucks with loading ogg as music. Unless you just have them as full length mp3 or wma tracks set to repeat. Either way, it's quite good. Plus you scripted it to make the resolution smaller. I never could get that to work. I'm currently working with VX Ace though. I found many features to be better than XP, especially loading oggs, which was my greatest annoyance.

Anyways, it looks really good. I subscribed, so I hope to see more of this~

TheGuitahHeroe

i make songs with a computer
Years
Hey, all,

I'm composing music for Phoenix Rising and Gav wants me to post some stuff here....so I guess I have to do what he says. What a bully.

Battles:

vs. Wild Pokemon
Spoiler:

vs. Pokemon Trainer
Spoiler:

vs. Gavin
Spoiler:

vs. Carmen
Spoiler:

vs. Guardian
Spoiler:

vs. Team Chance Heart/Spade
Spoiler:

vs. Ho-Oh
Spoiler:

Low HP
Spoiler:

Oracle Battles:

Psychic
Spoiler:

Flying
Spoiler:

Bug
Spoiler:

Electric
Spoiler:

Town and Route Themes:

Nocturne Town
Spoiler:

Sonata Town
Spoiler:

Route 1
Spoiler:

Find my work on my youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGuitahHeroe

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
@TheGuitarHeroe: I love your music. Actually you and Dasgust inspired me to start making Pokemon themed music. Anyways, it's great to see an update in the music. The Nocturne Town theme is probably my favorite.

soulblitz

Beta Tester
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2015
This game is simply AMAZING, I will wait how ever long it takes for even the Demo comes out :D. I hope you continue your work on other games too.

TheGuitahHeroe

i make songs with a computer
Years
@TheGuitarHeroe: I love your music. Actually you and Dasgust inspired me to start making Pokemon themed music. Anyways, it's great to see an update in the music. The Nocturne Town theme is probably my favorite.

I'm really glad you like the stuff, thank you so much for the compliment :D

Also I'll be updating my post from time to time with new music. Check in from time to time if you feel like it :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Impressive Hack(Lmao).
No but really, this looks awesome. Keep up the good work.
I'm a fan!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Wow, I really like this music, TheGuitahHeroe! Sounds like something you would really hear in a game imo. :) Gavin, I love your starter choices, but I bet you already knew that lol. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back