• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kid1513's Sprites Gallery.

kid1513

~ Pixel Artist
Years
Haven't updated something for a while = "= So here is another animated avatar work:
jun_the_seismitoad_by_kid1513-d5c47ab.gif

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2012
Is the guy with white hair meant to be Steven Stone?
Either way, would it be possible to do an overworld sprite of him? I'd really love to use him in my hack you see.

kid1513

~ Pixel Artist
Years
Is the guy with white hair meant to be Steven Stone?
Either way, would it be possible to do an overworld sprite of him? I'd really love to use him in my hack you see.
No, he is an OC for a person on Deviantart
And no, his sprite is not for public use since it is part of a paid commission :(

More sprites, these sprites will not be for public use:
Grass-Type Gym Leader:
we_are_young_by_kid1513-d5ccxl9.png

Ghost-Type Gym Leader:
how_to_save_a_life_by_kid1513-d5cfcea.png

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
OMG, these Trainer Sprites are awesome!

Can't believe you did them from scratch, You're really something! :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2014
It is said that when Nintendo Design Emboar
they imitate the shape of zhangFei
so I really like your sprite of Emboar
(zhangfei is a famous General in chinese history)
keep on to do such sprites

Years
They look a lot like Digimon instead of Pokemon. Although you are good at trainers, you need some work here and there for your Fakemon. For the shark fakemon example, the lightsource is on the top left corner, therefore it shouldn't be dark on the left side of the shark. Your line work is very clean though.

kid1513

~ Pixel Artist
Years
They look a lot like Digimon instead of Pokemon. Although you are good at trainers, you need some work here and there for your Fakemon. For the shark fakemon example, the lightsource is on the top left corner, therefore it shouldn't be dark on the left side of the shark. Your line work is very clean though.

Thanks for the constructive comment. ;) The shark one is because I flip the previous sprite without fixing the shading. :D Here's the fixed version.
boo__seasick__by_kid1513-d5d61e4.png

And I don't know much about the difference between Pokemon and Digimon :( I just think of the idea and sketch it on paper first, so the Fakemon is completely original. :)

Last edited:

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I've been shadowing this thread for a while now which is the cool way of saying stalking. I must say that most of these are really well done. Your trainer sprites are very appealing and of very nice quality. Some game creators/hackers are very lucky to have you helping them.

On the other hand the fakemon sorta look like they're getting better. As someone mentioned they do indeed have that Digimon feel to them. I think the shark one only looks Digimon-ish because there's like a personality to him (which is really good but sorta out of place in a Pokemon).

i_will_survive_by_kid1513-d5e6w5k.png

For this sprite what I suggest you try is making it look more towards the player (basically make him face us more than he is now). If you look at some similar official sprites:

Spr_3f_006.png

You'll notice Charizard's positioning is towards the camera. (Keep in mind that this is the front sprite, so the one when you battle you see him in this sprite. In battle he will be positioned on the right hand side of the screen, creating the illusion that he's facing the player's Pokemon).

The other thing about that sprite I wanted to mention was the claws on it's feet. They look a little jagged and his feet should be longer in my opinion. Lastly the tail was evidently sprited to be sortof bent and curved, but it looks more like a ghost tail (one you'd expect to see on Duskull), if you shaded it a little on the bending areas it'll look a little more 3D.

That's all I got to say this time around. Good sprite work, I look forward to seeing more and keep it up!
Some of the c+c might not be 100% accurate, but I'm no expert so sorry about that just stated my opinion :D

Back