• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Red Evolution

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
Years
I Just Hope The Next Version Would Be The Last :-) Sweet Hack By The Way, I Love The 416 Pokemon Thing. I'll Play It When Its Finished. Would You Add The D/P/Pt Font?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 1, 2016
Thanks for the additional feedback, I did do some updates on the other Sevii Islands which are accessible right after Victory Road. However I've run into some problems with updating the ROM-Updates which would fix the bulk of the current bugs, if there's no solution I might have to remake it.

Main issue I had with this hack, is that you cannot breed pokemon seeing as the screen goes black whenever you talk to the guy after giving him one of your pokemon.

Not really sure as to why the Day-Care man freezes, but the route 5 Day-Care doesn't take more than 1 pokémon, the Four Island Day-Care works flawlessly however.

Any chance of including items like Eviolite jimmies?

The new version of the ROM-Base has it so it should be in any future update.

That seems like quite a good idea, as it makes sense both flavorwise and is doable ingame. I tried to use YAPE and some other game-editors to change it, but for some reason none of them works with this game. They seem to work fine all the other hacks I've tried, though :/

Unfortunately re-purposing items(like the Up-Grade for example) to work as evolutionary stones isn't as easy in Gen III as it is in Gen IV/V, if it was you would've seen the Gen IV stones introduced to other pokemon like Murkrow/Misdreavus.

Some bugs to report.
1) Trace is sometimes traceD or TRAceD or other weird combination of uppercase and lowercase.
2) Roost doesn't remove flying type from the user.
3) Gale Wings cannot make Flying moves go faster than regular priority attacks.
4) Sheer Force still allows the effects of the moves to proc.
That's about it.

These are ROM-Base related issues and I can't do anything on my end to fix them, hopefully the new version covers some of these. (Also I don't think the Gen III engine can handle Roost mechanics properly)

King Qusai

Zettai Makerarenai
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 1, 2020
hey
i was wondering if you can add someone who can tell you the IVs of your Pokemon
cuz that would be awesome
thanks and good luck

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
using Dig on a Magby owned by the Youngster in Route 11 restarted the game.

EDIT : Is there a way to get Gallade in this hack?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
How to trade evolve pokemon; Where do i find the item for that?

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
This looks like a Fire Red hack I could actually get into. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread & hoping jimmies sees it through to completion. Good luck, jimmies!{:3}

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
This looks very decent, not sure if I want to start it without an end version yet....ahh sod it I will :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Very good so far, not challenged Brock yet, got Charmander and Chansey. Using this hack to try out a lot of pokemon I never bothered with originally.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
FINALLY made it through Rock Tunnel, what a challenge that was. Current team:
Charmeleon - 32 - Flame Burst / Fire Fang / Scratch / Shadow Claw (Deleted Dragon Rage rather than Scratch by accident).
Jynx - 32 - Double Slap / Ice Punch / Heart Stamp / Mean Look (This is the 'Zynx' from Cerulean trade).
Ampharos - 36 - Shock Wave / Thunderpunch / Power Gem / Charge (Charge plus any elec move = win).
Farfetch'd - 34 - Slash / Night Slash / Cut / Swords Dance (Swords Dance and Slash makes Slash 1HKO).
Quagsire - 36 - Dive / Dig / Earthquake / Yawn (Beast of a pokemon).

Will switch out Farfetch'd when I get Charizard. Jynx is good but doesn't obey me. Therefore will try and get Espeon and someone else before taking on Erika.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Love the game. The only bug I found was while getting the national pokedex, the tree starts moving. Its a minor bug. I can't wait to pay the full version.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 30, 2023
I can't get this game to work on MyBoy. I've tried different FireRed ROM bases, but none of 'em seem to work.

Back