• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
I'm really looking forward to playing this, Meowth. I find this to be a really unique and interesting idea. =D

Thanks a bunch :)

Working on the shop now:

1xIMp.jpg

oAkyE.jpg

That white text thing is also in a few other places, it happens because I changed the textboxes to black and the text to white. I'll figure out how to change the background color for that box eventually.

EDIT:

200th post in this thread, have a video.

(In serious need of someone to help scripting still but most of the game can be mapped before it's really required)

szafP.jpg

Anju, Kafei and Ganondorf. As for Kafei, not even sure he'll be in the game at this point, just messing around... For Ganondorf, it's based on his Oracle official art even though his overworld doesn't appear in the game (Ganon does, but only revived by Twinrova)

Here's the art I'm talking about:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Danno

Years
Looks awesome. Planning on decapping Repel as well?

There's a list in the first post of all the item names. I haven't decided on whether or not I'm going to change the name for it yet, as well as most of the other items in-game. I'll only change the names when I've decided on them, though yeah some stay the same. Keeping them in caps is just a reminder that I haven't renamed them.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I've been watching this for awhile (in the most creepiest way possible) and I'm very impressed with what i've seen, it's nice to see creative hacks like this pop up every so often. I wouldn't do the scripting for you, but I'd be happy to point you in the right direction or show you the basics when you need help on it. :P

Danno

Years
I've been watching this for awhile (in the most creepiest way possible) and I'm very impressed with what i've seen, it's nice to see creative hacks like this pop up every so often. I wouldn't do the scripting for you, but I'd be happy to point you in the right direction or show you the basics when you need help on it. :P

I may PM you now and then with questions, like something that seems basic to everyone else like coloring only one or two words and leaving the rest default (in classic Zelda fashion)

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I may PM you now and then with questions, like something that seems basic to everyone else like coloring only one or two words and leaving the rest default (in classic Zelda fashion)

Yes, you may call me Mr. Miyagi. :P It's all pretty basic stuff, just a couple of re-reads of the XSE tutorial and you'll know everything you need to know about scripting. But if you need help, don't hesitate to ask. I'm a friendly man.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

Danno

Years
Yes, you may call me Mr. Miyagi. :P It's all pretty basic stuff, just a couple of re-reads of the XSE tutorial and you'll know everything you need to know about scripting. But if you need help, don't hesitate to ask. I'm a friendly man.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

Wax on, wax off. (Or in the Jackie Chan one, Jacket on, Jacket off lmao). Thanks dude.

Ganondorf's coming to life:

1zx16b4.jpg

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
Years
This is getting better and better each update! ;)

Have you thought about battle themes? For bosses, I think the MM boss theme would work best, but just a suggestion. Great work, and I laughed waaaay harder than I should've when I saw the Great Hero Ingo sprite. {XD}

Danno

Years
This is getting better and better each update! ;)

Have you thought about battle themes? For bosses, I think the MM boss theme would work best, but just a suggestion. Great work, and I laughed waaaay harder than I should've when I saw the Great Hero Ingo sprite. {XD}

Yeah I plan on using Majora's Wrath specifically at some point in here lol... and thanks for noticing the Ingo sprite lol. I already have one theme inserted for battles though, just didn't show it in the video because it would require going through the Oak intro with Gary and choosing the pokemon... I already tried a simple script in XSE and compiled it and put it in the game, but it ended up acting like a getitem script even though it totally isn't.

Anyone know if it's maybe because in FSF I used search for 64 bytes? Is there some way to calculate how many bytes are needed by a script? Confusing.

Danno

Years
Ohey I did a thing.

iJVPq.jpg

Thanks Teh Blazer for some clarification about XSE stuff.

(No, this won't be what he says in the game. :D I just wanted to try doing the alt colors and switching back to regular colors as seen in normal Zelda games.)

Mikekillkill

Musket Marine
Years
I Wonder... are you replacing all the pokemon, or just the slots needed?

Also... I Can help you map and beta test if you want me to...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

As much as necessary, I'd imagine. Or I'd hope so. Quality over Quantity, I'd say.

On that note, regarding the battle themes (since it was semi-brought up earlier), how exactly do you plan to go about choosing?

Mikekillkill

Musket Marine
Years
As much as necessary, I'd imagine. Or I'd hope so. Quality over Quantity, I'd say.

On that note, regarding the battle themes (since it was semi-brought up earlier), how exactly do you plan to go about choosing?

Dang that was fast! I'm probably thinking that there will be unreplaced pokemon...

Danno

Years

As many as possible, and those that aren't replaced won't be available in-game unless you cheat. And I don't need help beta testing but thanks for offering :)

Pretty much the same way as I've gone about the rest of the music... looking at VG-Music and other Zelda midi sites and testing all of the midis until I find the one I like haha.

And..... drumroll....

I'm switching to JPAN's engine. This is going to set me back, but I had to and here's why:

Ganondorf.

His palette was so unique and it had to be that none of the other characters could really share it without looking strange. In order for this game to look good I'm going to have to take advantage of having more overworlds and overworld palettes, which means I'm going to have to step outside my comfort zone and do some dirty dirty hex editing. And XSE scripting.

Bleeeeh. So yeah, right now I just imported Saisei village over to the new rom and I'm going to have to completely remap a lot of other things but whatever, it's necessary. 1 step back but 2 steps forward. (also means I'll have to reinsert the music and my intro but it's all good :) )

Mikekillkill

Musket Marine
Years
As many as possible, and those that aren't replaced won't be available in-game unless you cheat. And I don't need help beta testing but thanks for offering :)

Pretty much the same way as I've gone about the rest of the music... looking at VG-Music and other Zelda midi sites and testing all of the midis until I find the one I like haha.

And..... drumroll....

I'm switching to JPAN's engine. This is going to set me back, but I had to and here's why:

Ganondorf.

His palette was so unique and it had to be that none of the other characters could really share it without looking strange. In order for this game to look good I'm going to have to take advantage of having more overworlds and overworld palettes, which means I'm going to have to step outside my comfort zone and do some dirty dirty hex editing. And XSE scripting.

Bleeeeh. So yeah, right now I just imported Saisei village over to the new rom and I'm going to have to completely remap a lot of other things but whatever, it's necessary. 1 step back but 2 steps forward. (also means I'll have to reinsert the music and my intro but it's all good :) )

Call me anytime if you need me.

PS By Call i mean PM Me

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
I haven't posted any actual feedback on this, so:

Judging from the video, an incredible amount of work has been done. Only problem I spot is (and this came up already but) the text that shows up on the shop menu. Other than that, everything seems to be in tip top shape. Great work.

Last edited:

Danno

Years
I haven't posted any actual feedback on this, so:

Judging from the video, an incredible amount of work has been done. Only problem I spot is (and this came up already but) the text that shows up on the shop menu. Other than that, everything seems to be in tip top shape. Great work.

Yeah, I'll get to that sometime.

Here's an update:

Switched over to JPAN's Hacked Engine. Inserted Saisei village and the maps that were there before (aside from the changed up Professor Oak's Lab that was a placeholder). Added all overworlds I had before except Ganondorf (that will take some time as it requires hex editing for his palette) and I haven't yet updated the textboxes or the Gamefreak intro animation. I'll need to re-map Hyrule Castle but that's cool because the layout I had sucked anyways.

BAEAO.jpg

Judging by that screenshot alone you'd never know I had to restart the project on a new Firered rom :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back