• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I've changed the tone of the tables to a possibly more pleasing one.
pokecenter1b.png

The couch is default from Garden and I'll probably leave it as such for now, though I could make it white as with the other couches.

As for your menu, I would suggest layering it like it's done in Secret of Mana. The menu is used to form a circle around the player rather than obscuring the character.
As can be seen in this screenshot,
som22.jpg

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Hmm...

How about this?
Screenshot119.png

EDIT: I think I'll move it down a bit...

Jirbytaylor

is too lazy to make a new ava
Years
@Avatar:
Are those tiles ripped, or customed? They're nice. :o Even if they don't really feel like your usual Pokemon Centre.
I think there needs to be a darker line where the wall meets the floor, because they're similar shades. The grey around the pink seat would be a suitable divide.

@Wichu:
I'm not so sure about the menu, but I'm not a fan of ring menus so all I can really say on the concept is not to use it ^^;.
I would get rid of the bevel/gradient though, unless you've got a similar effect on other menus and stuff, otherwise it'll seem a little inconsistent. I've noticed you do have a slight shine on some battle graphics, but the shine here is too faint, not crisp like in battle.
(I need to think up an interesting menu myself... but I might wait for the pause-infront-of-trainer bug to be fixed...)

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
@Avatar: Woah, that's one beautiful PokeCenter. Looks more realistic too. I'd suggest changing the colors of the stairs on that escalator, though. It looks like it's made of plastic at the moment.
Also, do you plan on releasing the tileset? : D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, I've been busy making new moves for Amethyst, but I also found the time to make some new tiles :D
Screenshot120.png

More coming soon!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
The new houses look much better then the old one Wichu. You sprite then yourself?
Is there a screen-tint or is that your palette? Looks kinda like morning time or something lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The houses, and pretty much all the tiles, are heavy edits of the Fangking's Johto set and the FRLG tileset. The palette is due to the tint; the screen was taken in the morning. Here's another one, with more tiles:
Screenshot121.png

I like Kyledove's spriting style, so I had a go at it :P

EDIT: Changed the grass :D
Screenshot122.png

Last edited:

Josh1billion

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 23, 2008
Some screenshots from my new platformer (see my site, JoshForde.com, or my other game of which this one is based upon, Seeds of Time Online, for details). The game is predicted to be released this month and will be freeware. Three zones, totaling of six levels (two per zone), three bosses (one per zone). I'm also considering throwing in a "Challenge Series" set of levels (of great difficulty) unlocked upon completion of the game.

2drcas3.png

screenaf6.png

bfizus.png

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Interesting... A platformer with RPG elements.

I don't really like the sprite of the player, though. It's not really round enough, and the eye looks ugly. The shading is also off. I suggest that you should try making the graphics in the same style as the face picture in the top left corner.

TKS

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 17, 2008
Interesting... A platformer with RPG elements.

I don't really like the sprite of the player, though. It's not really round enough, and the eye looks ugly. The shading is also off. I suggest that you should try making the graphics in the same style as the face picture in the top left corner.
I have to agree with the above, and also add that I don't see the point in including Mario "?" blocks. x_x

Years
Map I made for my Pokemon Test Project (Starting Town,Does it Counts as a screenshot?)

TestMap.png

I think it's Kyledove's tileset, btw does anyone have an Indoor or any other Tilesets that would go nice with this? Having a hard time finding some.

EDIT: Screenie beside the lab incase the MAP pic doesnt count as a screenie

TestMap2.png

Last edited:

Crett

That Popcorn Guy
Years
Man, you'd think this thread would be a lot more popular considering how many developers there are here, but then again they would probably just post the screenshots at they're own thread... maybe this thread is just to help advertise the games....
woops, I'm rambling again.
That platformer game with RPG elements seems interesting, but it isn't alone in that genre.
there's Cavestory, and that game is a platformer/shooter/rpg rolled into one..
does your game have shooter elements? any weapons?

Waudby

Could I post here too? Anyways, I want to show something new in my game off...

Transbox.png

It's a new transparent speech box!
How does it look? O_o

Personally transparency doesn't suit a Pokémon game, the font isn't dark enough in this screenshot.

Josh1billion

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 23, 2008
This is my second post in this thread.. scroll up to see screenshots of another of my games.

Some screenshots from Ultimate Tower Defense (ultimatetowerdefense.com), a game of the "tower defense" genre. It will essentially be a collection of around five or six tower defense games in one (each TD game being called a "campaign"), with the ability to load and play custom campaigns created by users. The UTD website will also have a place for users to upload/download/rate/comment on custom campaigns created by other users.

The following are screenshots showing the first campaign, currently titled "Tropical Trouble" (storyline: you are among a group of people stranded on a tropical island, and you must build towers to protect your hut [not pictured-- you would need to scroll further to the right] from the monsters who plan to enter and steal your food).

2i7vo1.png

bg2ulg.jpg

21exqqf.png

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
I will revive this thread, mainly because it's awesome ^^

PechaTownMorning.png

Showing off a random town that I recently edited with my attempt at making a
greenhouse lol.

Nice screens krimm, and because of your Pokemon center I got the need of makeing my own custom one :P

modifiedPC.jpg

How's this..?
Really need some feedback on it because i'm not sure how it looks, thanks :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back