• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Greninja and Charizard are playable characters in this smash! Whoooo!

So Lucario, Pikachu, Charizard, and Greninja. Is Jigglypuff and Mewtwo confirmed for the game? Charizard seems like it can go into its Mega Form like Lucario and Greninja was a total badass. Seems like the frog won Generation 6's most popular starter XD

Also saw something about the 3DS version releasing this summer and the Wii U releasing this Winter.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Yeah, I wonder how that's gonna play out - I assume their megaform is going to be accessible through their MegaSmash! Gods, things look amazing - especially Lil'Mac; I think he's gonna be a tad strong in this one, aha.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Greninja and Charizard are playable characters in this smash! Whoooo!

So Lucario, Pikachu, Charizard, and Greninja. Is Jigglypuff and Mewtwo confirmed for the game? Charizard seems like it can go into its Mega Form like Lucario and Greninja was a total badass. Seems like the frog won Generation 6's most popular starter XD

Ah yeah. I was hoping for some Fire Emblem reveals, but this is really cool too. I will totally play as Charizard and Greninja when I get the game.

Though I can already hear people raging about this. "Noooooooo Nintendo, why would you put that overrated ♥♥♥♥ into the game?! You don't know how to make a character roster, you idiots should've put Dunsparce in!"

Because you know there's people like that.

Jakeremix

Poképro~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 16, 2015
For me, Greninja was COMPLETELY unexpected. I didn't even know who the heck he was during the trailer when you could only see the silhouette. But Greninja is one of my favorite pokemon, so I'm reallllyyyy excited to play with him. He looks way too cool! ;D

And it is on this day that we say goodbye to Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Jigglypuff (who I really couldn't care less about). I'm still pretty disappointed that the only representatives from the Pokemon franchise are pokemon... I was really hoping for a person (perferably N, I had too high of hopes for him) to get in, or at the very least change Pokemon Trainer's name to Red.

Anyway, I sadly couldn't check any hopes off of my list today (Rosalina, Little Mac, and Mega Man are currently the only that I have been able to check off), but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to soon. Seriously... did anyone else pick up them screaming, "PALUTENA IS A CHARACTER!"? They changed Pit's final smash and then teased us with that trophy during the second to last quiz. I am 92% certain that she's in.

Alright, I'm done rambling. I'm just way too hyped for this game. It's going to be AMAZING. I'm considering more than ever to save up for a Wii U.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Greninja's movements in the debut trailer reminded me a lot of Sheiks; hopefully they're similar, as Sheik was one of my favorite characters to play as.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
And it is on this day that we say goodbye to Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Jigglypuff
I'd agree with the first two, because Charizard appearing alone makes it a fair assumption. No Jigglypuff though? Unless I missed it as a Pokéball Pokémon I don't think anything was said on that. And iirc it's been revealed only after launch too, right?

I'm more curious on if Mewtwo will return or not, I think it's less likely than Jigglypuff.

Greninja was certainly a surprise. Who picked that one? Looks neat to use though. The sheer amount of different playstyles revealed in that direct was amazing. The 3DS exclusive mode also looks like crazy fun.

The release dates are... surprising for me. Wii U half a year after 3ds is either going to work greatly or fall flat, imo, and I fear the latter is a potential outcome if it isn't shown to offer anything unique to the 3ds version (which is in part already set because more songs, and different stages - still, it'd need say a unique mode too imo).

Overall a very entertaining, well done direct. Pity I had to see it a few hours after it occurred, bleh travelling to uni.

Years
i love that charizard and greninja are now playable, theyll add so much more variety. but i for the life of me still cant understand why chrom and lucina from fire emblem awakening have not been added yet! awakening is considered one of the best games on the 3ds, why you no show it no love!? sure the stage is nice and smash bros vet marth is in it but at least an alternate costume would make it work out, kindof like the male and female versions of the wii fit trainers. other than that though i need this game in my fingers like now.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Guys, I think we should be discussing what happens to be the most controversial event that happened during the direct: the demise of playable Ridley. Now that it's been further hinted that he's a stage hazard, the supporters are considering to abandon all hope for SSB4 and considering it as one of the worst games ever, even to the point of saying it'll never save the Wii U. Not only that, the toobiggots -people who think Ridley's too big to be playable in Smash - will act all snubby about how they were right and will destroy what's left of the space dragon's supporters.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Guys, I think we should be discussing what happens to be the most controversial event that happened during the direct: the demise of playable Ridley.
Eh.

I admit that I have never gotten that much into the Metroid series, but it's not really that controversial? Sure, some people who wanted him playable would be disappointed. Only so many characters can fit in that roster though, and heck, it's neat that he's in a smash game again beyond a simple trophy.

And, I mean...
the supporters are considering to abandon all hope for SSB4 and considering it as one of the worst games ever, even to the point of saying it'll never save the Wii U
If people are acting like that about a game they never tried yet, a game still months away from release, because a singular character isn't playable (that never was before to boot) that's their loss. They can act like overgrown babies, just ignore them if it bothers you. There's always going to be disappointments about a game like this ('why that character', 'why is that music theme not in the game', etc), but that'd be then ignoring all the good and interesting parts of it.

On the subject of music themes btw, much love for them showcasing Dark Pit's Theme. I thought that was a given, but still nice.

Also, that rock version of Ballard of the Goddess from SS. Daaaaaaaang.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
omg substitute greninja

Speaking of Greninja, surprise appearances. I could remember people speculating on a Mewtwo return, or Darkrai/Zoroark as new Pokemon in SSB. Greninja's moveset looks pretty cool, are those water kunai or something? Couldn't get so much of a good look D:
I like how Sub's used though, looking forward to it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm hoping Diantha's theme to make an appearance in SSB, now that the Kalos Pokemon League is now a stage, so I can ruin its elegent feel by the random shouts and grunts from various Nintendo characters. Outside of that, I also hope for Purple Coins theme, Punch Bowl, Koloktos theme, and C.R.O.W.N.E.D. to be included in the My Music soundtrack.

omg substitute greninja

Speaking of Greninja, surprise appearances. I could remember people speculating on a Mewtwo return, or Darkrai/Zoroark as new Pokemon in SSB. Greninja's moveset looks pretty cool, are those water kunai or something? Couldn't get so much of a good look D:
I like how Sub's used though, looking forward to it.

Both Darkrai and Zoroark are confirmed to be not playable from Greninja's trailer; they will be Pokeball Pokemon. As for Mewtwo, he now has to compete with Jigglypuff to take the 5th slot for Pokemon, but I'm leaning towards Jigglypuff for two reasons: 1) She's a member of the original 12, and 2) Greninja's part Dark, so Mewtwo's Psychic abilities will do jack on him, seeing as how Sakurai implanted type advantage on the Pokemon characters in Brawl (Ivysaur doing more damage to Squirtle with Grass moves, Rayquaza taking less damage from Charizard's Rock Smash, etc.).

We may have lost Ridley, but there is still another reptilian villain we can hope to return, because the Kremlings are going to be in Smash Run, meaning Nintendo still hasn't forgotten about them despite taking the benchwarmer for one-time villains in Retro Studios' games.

Since the 3DS is going to be released earlier than expected, and by the time the leaks from early releases are up, we'll soon find out about the whole roster, since both versions will include the same characters.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 25, 2017
What do you think about Greninja's inclusion in Super Smash Bros.?

Yesterday's Nintendo Direct revealed the presence of a certain Water-type in the Smash roster. Greninja is seen knocking away both Mario and Charizard with its Water Shuriken attack.

What do you think about this new inclusion to the Smash family? Personally, I think Greninja will be pretty fun to use, as I have experience with light, fast characters such as Meta Knight. That Substitute move looks really nice, too.

How often do you think Greninja will be used? What about the other newcomers?

(Should this be in the X & Y thread? Greninja is a Kalos Pokémon, after all.)

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
Years

I thought that when i started reading :)

will it's shiny form be available as another colour? is the only question i have about it so far

I am going to start playing smash again leading up to this release

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Yesterday's Nintendo Direct revealed the presence of a certain Water-type in the Smash roster. Greninja is seen knocking away both Mario and Charizard with its Water Shuriken attack.

What do you think about this new inclusion to the Smash family? Personally, I think Greninja will be pretty fun to use, as I have experience with light, fast characters such as Meta Knight. That Substitute move looks really nice, too.

How often do you think Greninja will be used? What about the other newcomers?

I think it should definitely be in the video games section. It's more based on Super Smash Bros. itself and it doesn't really gear to PGC if you ask me.

Anyways, I think it could be awesome. I could see Greninja being a faster version of Sheik and I really think this is one of the few Pokemon that could really be used as a Main Character. If I had a Wii U, I'd be excited. -.-

Years
Funnily enough I took Charizard and Greninja as my starters in X... and now they are in SSB4. I probably won't be playing this game but Greninja's moves look really awesome based on what I saw in the Nintendo Direct.

PunkPhantom

"midna's a cat" -vinny, vinesauce
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
No one seems to be talking about the custom move sets? I mean sure, not much has been revealed about it yet and we don't know how it's all gonna work, but it sounds really cool! I'm excited about it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
I could see Greninja being a faster version of Sheik and I really think this is one of the few Pokemon that could really be used as a Main Character. If I had a Wii U, I'd be excited. -.-

Exactly what I was thinking! Greninja is perfectly suited to Smash Bros. I just hope it isn't an exact copy of Sheik's set. It'll be playable on the 3DS too btw ;)

Elements1

Meh
Years
I got SUPER excited when I heard about this! Can't wait for it to be released in summer!!! :D I will master Greninja!

Jakeremix

Poképro~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 16, 2015
5 pokemon will just be ridiculous. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that we're only getting Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, and Greninja, and I personally think that lineup is perfect.

We have 29 characters now, and 30 if you're counting Palutena. Brawl had only 35 characters, so if they're sticking to that number, there will be a tough competition for the final five. Hopefully Ness and Lucas are still around, along with Captain Falcon. As for the last two, that's pretty tough. I would guess Falco and Chrom, but that would mean cuts for a lot of veterans.

Let's just hope they're bringing the roster up to 40.

Back