• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Well you're right i misused the word "flaw",i think it would best be stated as something that is missing, because even though D/P pkmn weren't originally included in Gold(obviously) i still believe that new generation pokemon should've been included in this remake as a bonus feature.The game itself is awesome so i won't complain,this is just my opinion,don't worry too much about it.

There is limited space in a Firered Rom, Sinnoh Pokemon seem kind of unnecessary

this game is alright but not that good, its too annoying with all the wrong directions when you turn left the shows your all the way to the right, it sucks try again.

What are you talking about? Wrong Directions?

Look if the game isn't acting as it should, its probably your ROM's fault

...and the fact that thousands of others disagree with you about the "sucks" remark

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
this game is alright but not that good, its too annoying with all the wrong directions when you turn left the shows your all the way to the right, it sucks try again.

I'm pretty sure you've done something wrong... That doesn't sound like SG...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hmm... The game is far from interesting, it's great, but to think that you made a comment that way, I considered three facts... (1) This is a wrong thread for your intentions, (2) you acquired a bad ROM and (3) you don't support Shiny Gold.

Anyways, any updates so far, zel? :)
The music.., I can't get it rid off my mind. :D

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
Years
I'm having problems with my rom. I went to save options and putted it to 128 K, but when I save, it says "Error: Please exchange backup memory." Can somebody help me here?

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
Me too, I keep catch myself whistling New Bark Town's music xD

You mean the Mystery Connection theme or the GSC New Bark Town theme? Nice winter-inspired map there, anyway.

I'm having problems with my rom. I went to save options and putted it to 128 K, but when I save, it says "Error: Please exchange backup memory." Can somebody help me here?

Try deleting your current SAV file, or patch to a newer, cleaner ROM (I think they have answered this a million times).
And always remember: Read H.Sotomura's thread about playing Pokemon Hacks!!! ;)

Zellbeast

I am SNORLAX!!!.....ZzZzZzZzZ
Years

That will happen, but save state. Hold shft and press F1- F12, when you are ready to play again, click on the F you put it on. This works for Virtual Boy Advance.

yoni159

a ... nvm/np
Years
to Zel:since a lot of people wants to no the list of hacks i have made one.i want to ask you if I can post it here?

Fendaril

Novice Mario 64 hacker.
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2010
it's hilarious how I get every post deleted. W/e. Anyway I think Jagold has a point. Try making a pokemon gold exact remake yourself. It is really tuff.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hi everybody, I'm still quite busy studying for those evil exams coming up so, I doubt I'll be around (he... I even doubt I'll turn on my PC for a while... ToT)

Hey Zel, I got an idea. If you're going to keep the Cinnibar Island Volcano, maybe you can make it so players can enter it an explore a new cave. I think that would be fun.

Thing is that I really dont want to touch the exterior geography of Kanto and Johto (I like changing the dungeons' interior 'cuz I'm evil >.<), as that'd be like, damaging the remake intentions (and because I try to balance the remake and not-remake postions), but, that's when that third locations shows up (those islands posted a while ago), around there we can make a few cool things, but, considering I have mostly the rest of the game planned, it could mean that it'd have to wait (maybe for the next project? We'll see... :))

Yeah, thats not a bad idea at all. Perhaps a good place for a certain Fire Bird to be found?

Nope, because I planned a different way of obtaining the three birds, in a way that'd be a bit tiring.

Im Not askin where but what legendarys are in SG? i saw a vid on youtube saying if u get 30 hoen pokes a cave opens up in the park above goldenrod where you can catch deoxys, is this true?

False, it was someone hacking a hack... O.o

Is there a way you can learn water pulse? I can't find the tm. So is there a move tutor?

Considering Surf is in the TM/HM list, I didn't find Water Pulse as something interesting to keep on the list. And for now there are no Move Tutors.

Zel im am a huge fan of your hack and i have seen your legendary beast battle video and there is a song that i think would suit the battle better than the one you used for their battles(not to sound like a know it all) it was a remix Nintendo made but never used in sapphire of their original theme in crystal just search suicune ruby on youtube it is the first video sorry i couldn't have been more help

The thing with that song is that it sounds as if it lacked some instruments, so it sounds odd (that's why I'd prefer to get a new version), I think the reasons for that oddity are explained in the next post I'm quoting.

Yes, it is on Sappy, but on R/S/E, not in FireRed or LeafGreen.
In any case it should be ported. It isn't remixed either, it's using the same instruments, it just sounds different because the sound engines in GBC and GBA are different.
In my opinion, that track sucks... it only has 3 Channels and its the same as in Crystal GBC. Other tracks in Pokemon GBA roms can have up to 10 Channels. Just imagine the difference of having 3 instruments compared to 8,9 or 10. Plus it wouldn't fit overall between other tracks.
Anyway, unless you completely port the track from RSE, Zel would have to change the instruments on the track to use the ones from another existent voicegroup (in other words, remix it) or either create a new voicegroup for a newly imported MIDI...

Anyways Zel, be sure to re-check the Cherrygrove song, the volume is too high and sounds like it stands out too much from the rest of the tracks of the game. To my taste, the instruments don't blend much.
It's just my opinion. I completely played Beta 4, but not Beta 5, so I don't know if you've re-inserted other tracks XD Great work though.

Well, I'm currently not paying too much attention to the musical part of the game, so that'll have to wait till the rest of the Beta6 is done. Once that is done I'll talk more actively with people helping me with the music tracks. For now I want to be focused on extending the game.

hey zel i see that you still didn't change the apricorn sprites yet.
Are you going to do that in the next beta?

I'm not a spriter, sadly. If anoyone's interested in making the key items' sprites...

I hope he takes a looong break once he's finished with this xD

Maybe he'll do the smart thing, and forget about hacking until after he's through college and has a steady job.

Not exactly, I still have some ideas of a probable next project, so I doubt I'll leave hacking for such a long time (though I guess a break will be needed), most likely I'll still be active helping out some of my favorite hacks, while I keep planning stuff for my next project. But... Let's not forget that I'm still working at SG, so... I gotta keep thinking on this.
If I take a very long break then most likely I'll stop liking this, so it's a bit risky...

During the part when Team Rocket invades Goldenrod`s Radio Tower , after you beat the fake director at the very top floor , & obtain the basement key , are the two pairs of people that were blocking the undergrounds suppose to leave ?
Because I got the key , but they`re not leaving , so I can`t get to the underground . D:
Help would be appreciated . :x I don`t know what to do .

Do you remember that you have to go to the Underground section of Goldenrod (the entrance is at the left of the Name Rater's house. Around there is a locked door and you have the door to unlock it.

yeah in my opinion the only flaw i find with this hack is that it doesn't include D/P pkmn(not even legendaries) but asides from that this hack is awesome,zel just wanted to let you know that i love the new palettes from beta 5.

Sinnoh Pokemon -> Overused. In fact, with the exception of Palkia and Dialga, I mostly consider the Sinnoh Pokemon not as appealing to me as the previous generations. Besides, adding them ruins the whole trading system, so I'm not gonna be using them in Shiny Gold.

Anyways, any updates so far, zel? :)
The music.., I can't get it rid off my mind. :D

Maybe because it was too loud? >.<

Sadly, no updates for now. After I finish the exams coming up, there'll be a few more.

to Zel:since a lot of people wants to no the list of hacks i have made one.i want to ask you if I can post it here?

I didn't understand the same thing you sent me on your PM. What's that list of hacks you talk about? I guess it's something that's not related to this hack, so I'd tell you that no. Unless you rephrase yourself and try to write a little better.

it's hilarious how I get every post deleted. W/e. Anyway I think Jagold has a point. Try making a pokemon gold exact remake yourself. It is really tuff.

Remember that I wont do the exact remake, but once the game is released (after a few months) I'll allow anyone to do whatever they please with SG, so if they want to try to make it more exact, then you'd be allowed. My idea is that an exact remake is boring, and you can simply get your GBC and play it if that's what you want ;)

OK, out with the replying business. As you've read, I'm very busy with studying, and having to check PC only distracts me, that's why I'm gonna be closing the thread for a few weeks (at least, till March begins, as that's when my exams end). I'll also disable my PMing again (as many other times, anyway), because I dont really want to faint when I come back and check my PM box.
Well, I'm not sure if I'll do anything during these weeks (probably not, because I guess I wont use the PC for a while to avoid temptations), so, think as if someone pushed the "Pause" button.

Till March, people! Dont forget to check other hacks while I'm gone (and while I'm in as well :laugh:)

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
Years
but when I save states, I can't save it properly when I fight against the elite 4.

So does that mean you can't learn brick break? When I fought against Carlos in Shiny Gold X, his Ampharos knows how to use brick break. Grrr... which makes me kinda mad, cuz I was planning to teach that attack to my Ampharos. I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, but don't you think you made too many rivals? Not that I mind, but sometimes, when one of the rivals come up to me, I would sometimes have trouble remembering which rival was which. It doesn't matter anyway, I just kinda find it amusing to see their reactions when they're defeated in a battle. ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
The thread will be closed as zel will be busy studying, and will be re-opened whenever zel wants to.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Baka!
zel, the thread's up.
I wish to see some updates soon, okies? =3

And I wish you good luck on SG and in real life. ;)

Back