• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
So, on Bulbapedia's page for Freeze-Dry, it shows a shot of an Aurorus using it against a Tyrantrum in a cave. Since they're not in the wild, and the only trainers that use them are two Veterans on Route 21, Diantha, and Grant in the Battle Chateau, how is that battle possible? Wi-Fi battles always use the same setting, so I don't get how that would be possible.

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
Years
Thanks a ton, Zekrom! I'll try being more patient.

Further to what Zekrom said, here is the full table.

Same species with different ID numbers:
Chance of getting an egg; 70% | Statement; "The two seem to get along very well!"
Same species with same ID numbers:
Chance of getting an egg; 50% | Statement; "The two seem to get along"
Different species with different ID numbers:
Chance of getting an egg; 50% | Statement; "The two seem to get along"
Different species with same ID numbers:
Chance of getting an egg; 20% | Statement; "The two don't seem to like each other"
Different Egg Groups:
Chance of getting an egg; 0% | Statement; "The two prefer to play with other Pokémon more than with each other."

You also have a better chance of producing eggs after you complete the three Kalos Pokedexes and get the Oval Charm off Professor Sycamore.

Years
So, on Bulbapedia's page for Freeze-Dry, it shows a shot of an Aurorus using it against a Tyrantrum in a cave. Since they're not in the wild, and the only trainers that use them are two Veterans on Route 21, Diantha, and Grant in the Battle Chateau, how is that battle possible? Wi-Fi battles always use the same setting, so I don't get how that would be possible.

One thing to know about pre-release stuff, is that the scenes aren't always final in-game footage and that was what the case was here. The shot of Aurorus using Freeze-Dry on Tyrantrum was basically not final in-game footage so yeah that's why.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 6, 2016
Anyone know a good HM slave that has Surf/Fly minimum?

I decided to play a new play through with a troll team, however, when I looked at my team, I realized that all the Pokemon there cannot learn any HM besides cut. Therefore, I thought I needed a good HM slave that knows at least Surf AND Fly and maybe rock smash(if possible, not required) the earlier you can obtain the Pokemon the better. I am also aware, Dragonite can learn everything, but it is pointless to use Dragonite since you can only obtain it when the game is almost over, that defeats the purpose. I have decided to just go with 5 Pokemon and keep the HM slave in the party during the whole play through(since fly is way too necessary to get around). Does anyone know any Pokemon like that?

Years
If you're using a Water-type as part of the main team, you should consider giving Surf to that instead of an HM Slave because at 90 base power, Surf is actually a pretty nice move to use, especially on one that uses special attacks.

As for Fly and Rock Smash, Hawlucha can learn both moves. They can be found on Route 10, although they're fairly uncommon. That's just my suggestion, but it's the first one that came to mind. Good luck with the game!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 6, 2016
If you're using a Water-type as part of the main team, you should consider giving Surf to that instead of an HM Slave because at 90 base power, Surf is actually a pretty nice move to use, especially on one that uses special attacks.

As for Fly and Rock Smash, Hawlucha can learn both moves. They can be found on Route 10, although they're fairly uncommon. That's just my suggestion, but it's the first one that came to mind. Good luck with the game!

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately, none of the Pokemon I plan to use are water type, that's why it's a troll team. If I had water type, I would have given it surf. Pokemon that knows Fly and Rock Smash are pretty common, but Fly and Surf on the other hand :(................

Years
Thanks for the advice, unfortunately, none of the Pokemon I plan to use are water type, that's why it's a troll team. If I had water type, I would have given it surf. Pokemon that knows Fly and Rock Smash are pretty common, but Fly and Surf on the other hand :(................

I know you can catch Ducklett on Route 7. It learns both Fly and Surf so consider getting one while you're there.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 13, 2014
I really want to use a Sp. Atk. Lucario. To have one worth using, I feel it necessary to get Nasty Plot on it. Any suggestions on how to do this? Its not an egg move so I'm in a bit of a pinch!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I really want to use a Sp. Atk. Lucario. To have one worth using, I feel it necessary to get Nasty Plot on it. Any suggestions on how to do this? Its not an egg move so I'm in a bit of a pinch!
Riolu learns Nasty Plot at level 47, so you can just get one to that level before evolving it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 28, 2015
PokéRus, how to spread it ?

Heya,

I've gained 2 PokéRus infected Pokémon via Wondertrade, how do I get it to my other Poké's ? And also, what does it exactly do ?
If anyone is interested I'd be willing to trade a few once infected with it :).

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Will the Diancie event likely be released into NA
They'll probably release Diancie to North America when the lastest Pokemon movie comes to North American theaters.

Heya,

I've gained 2 PokéRus infected Pokémon via Wondertrade, how do I get it to my other Poké's ? And also, what does it exactly do ?
If anyone is interested I'd be willing to trade a few once infected with it :).
To spread Pokerus, simply have the infected Pokemon in your party and do some battles (it doesn't have to be with the Pokerus Pokemon). It'll eventually spread to the rest of your party. Just know that it'll eventually go away.

What Pokerus does is double the EVs the Pokemon gets after a battle. It's very helpful when EV training your Pokemon for the Battle Maison, competitive battles, etc.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 28, 2015
They'll probably release Diancie to North America when the lastest Pokemon movie comes to North American theaters.

To spread Pokerus, simply have the infected Pokemon in your party and do some battles (it doesn't have to be with the Pokerus Pokemon). It'll eventually spread to the rest of your party. Just know that it'll eventually go away.

What Pokerus does is double the EVs the Pokemon gets after a battle. It's very helpful when EV training your Pokemon for the Battle Maison, competitive battles, etc.

I never do EV training, is this wrong ? I also dont do super-training I dont know how it works..

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I never do EV training, is this wrong ? I also dont do super-training I dont know how it works..
There's nothing wrong with not EV training, if that's what you're asking. EV training (Super Training does the same thing, basically) isn't required to play the games; you can enjoy the games without ever having to think about it. EV training's more for competitive battling with people or if you're serious about the Battle Maison.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 28, 2015
There's nothing wrong with not EV training, if that's what you're asking. EV training (Super Training does the same thing, basically) isn't required to play the games; you can enjoy the games without ever having to think about it. EV training's more for competitive battling with people or if you're serious about the Battle Maison.

Okay, and how does this work ? And what's battle Maison :P?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back