• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

azoula

Trainer from Beginning
Years
Custom Backsprite (hair made by thethethethe)
favoritaszero.png

Plus Fenekkin sprite no credit needed
telow.png

Last edited:
Years
Since this patch can hardly be called a "hack" I'm going to post it here.

This FR patch allows you to randomize each starter choice from a predetermined list. The default is each of the first three generations' starters, but with a little bit of scripting knowledge you can change or expand the list to fit your needs.

This is not the same as a randomizer, which randomizes the starters but then is the same each time. The randomization is built into the game, meaning every time you play/reset, the starter choices will be different.

Here is the patch.

It uses the space between CFF000 and CFF600 or so, and changes the pokeball scripts in Oak's lab as well as gary's to work around the randomization.

And here are some brief instructions on how to edit the pokeball scripts to make the list whatever you like (uses XSE 1.1.1):
Spoiler:

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
A sprite of Ninfia, I did:
ninfia.png

My first impression of it was, that it looked like something Victini could evolve into or someone went and fused Victini and Eevee, haha.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
This is a patch containing JPAN's save block recycling ASM routine. The routine is placed from A00000-A000E8. It consolidateing the save blocks in FireRed to free up a good amount of ram which can then be used for other projects. The link to the origional post in which he posted his routine is here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6993092&postcount=206

This patch is for a clean FireRed BPRE v.1.0:
JPAN's save_block_recycle_routine.ips

This instructions for inserting this routine by hand are not all that clear which is why I was advocated by Jambo51 to post it after he helped me install it on FireRed. Some credit also goes to shinyquagsire for the location of where to place the pointer to the routine.

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
OW Stuffs

Here we have some of my oldies but still goodies Pokemon Firered OW's. The first is a scratch version of the hero's from Pokemon Black and White in firered style, each with their own palette customised to keep other things that use that palette okay.

Spoiler:

The next are either edited or scratch people OW's I did whilst working on a Pokemon hack. Some are to make the OW look like the trainer sprite others are just me having fun whilst spriting. I'll add a more detailed description of each sprite if needed. I have made more since creating this file so just ask if you want to see them.

Spoiler:

Third is essentially just resized and recoloured HG/SS sprites to fit straight into a Firered rom. I have done a fair few custom OW's for fakemon but I only did those as favours as I dislike fakemon.

Spoiler:

All of these are mainly free to use but I would like you to give me the courtesy of asking before using. And I can easily make more OW's if asked nicely and recolours would take me 5 minutes to make into any palette that fits.

Years
Indexed Juan Overworld Sprites in the style of FireRed. You'll have to insert a new palette to use it (or try to shoehorn it into one of the preset ones).

20kNWcF.png
8v5jzUI.png
kv7CiOY.png

You don't have to give credit but I'll think you're an ugly person if you don't.

No walking sprites because he's a gym leader ;)

dkp

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
So... sorry if I've done something stupid or posted this to the wrong place, first of all.

I've gone and made a patch that should decapitalize BPEE (English) Emerald roms. I've noticed nothing so far as one that's actually "production ready", just a few broken links to Wichu's and some promises to make one. Or rather, not ones that are meant to serve as a base and/or don't come with a lot of other changes (graphical edits, "controversial" name changes, 386 edits, etc.).

I've tested it, but only so far; it's not 100% confirmed to be serious error free and it's not going to be 100% free of typos at this point. I have however opened it and can confirm that the game boots, runs fine, can complete battles, captures, etc. and it really is rather presentable, and is basically complete.

After some more personal edits (which I'll isolate from this patch), I'll play through the game to try and edit it myself. Any thing I notice I'll note and try to make an updated patch when I'm done. This may take some time, though, and I'll be getting busier soon. I've gone through Petalburg personally from a fresh file, and nothing stood out.

I estimate it's upwards 95% complete. There may be some itemS like errors lurking deep within the rom, and the trendy phrases are simply without elegant solution. There's some consistency issues with the way I named things as well, but they're so utterly trivial to solve.

My method was to use index lists from Bulbapedia and manually edit things with goldfinger. Beyond that, I opened them up with PGE*, but this was primarily to check for errors (the ability editor, for example, will crash if a word ending FF gets overwritten, making it a nice quick checker). If you would like to use this, please do go ahead without restraint; I make no request for credit (truly).

I am uploading this because despite my lack of optimism it really is essentially complete - that or I really am ready to be done with it. If you want to improve it yourself, though, go right ahead. You have my full permission to use this however you see fit, from including it in tools or your hacks, whatever.

*ONLY* text has been edited. The only "controversial" change I believe I've made is renaming the cool trainer class to Ace Trainer. No roster edits, script edits, battle edits, inserted palattes, or so on.

*credits accordingly: HackMew Gemer2020 thethethethe denopqrihg ZodiacDaGreat mewthree9000 Darthatron LU-HO loadingNOW linkandzelda userpr Jambo51JPAN Kawa Bulbapedia

Look down below

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
I have had a heck of a time finding a Drake sprite (OW or trainer) for GBA... so I decided to make one ;)

Drake64.png

will need to be indexed

DrakeOW.bmp

Ready to be inserted (use palette 6 for FR)

I had the same issue with Luana
Luana64.png

again, needs to be indexed...

LuanaOW.bmp

Ready to be inserted... (use palette 3 with FR)

I had no need for an Prof Ivy battle sprite... but I did need an OW
zIvyOW.bmp

she was difficult due to lack of a perfect Palette, I went with Palette 5 in FR. (she is ready to be inserted btw)
Using Palette 5 gave me some unneeded greens, so I added some trimmings to her lab coat ;)

Credit isnt required, but it is appreciated ;)

thanks

*UPDATE*
Here is a Kimono Girl (from gen 2)
Kimono%20Gir%20final.png

KimonoGirlOW.png

just standing.

Here is a cowboy like character (Ethan from season 2 of the anime)
Rancher%20Ethan.png

just a battle sprite

I created a scientist main character for one of my hacks... you are welcome to use it but this took ages so pleas credit:
Main%20Character1.png
Scientist%20BackSprite.png

Scientist%20Hero%20Sprite.png

This is a lab COAT to replace the BAG:
COAT.png

I also made a few orange islands pokemon sprites (from the anime)
butterfree.png
vileplume.png
rhyhorn.png
porygon0.png

you can find more graphics by me here:
http://lsaentertainment.yolasite.com/graphics-downloads.php

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Feel free to use it if you please, made a front sprite for Pancham:
pancham.png

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I made a MIDI, .s and Track files for Goldenrod City to be inserted into Fire Red.

There's a guide inside the .zip for reference on what to do, I reccomend at least knowingSappy before trying this, else you'll get nowhere, if problems come find me.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
It's about time I post this here:
Force Male Gender Patch for FireRed
This patch makes FireRed act like its first-gen counterpart by removing the choice of gender. Of course, while the patch is called "force male gender", it's really only limiting you to one gender, which can be edited to be male or female.

The link is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?wwb0cujuyy7wt7t
Can be applied to any hack, even ones that have already been started.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Hacked-Up Base

Hacked-Up Base

Basically, this is just a patch that'll turn your ROM into a ready-to-hack machine. I've applied a few things that should make it more easier to hack.

Includes
  • Extended available flags: You can now use flags from 900 to 18FF with ASM patch from Jambo!
  • New Font: What's better? You can change the font to whatever you want, and it won't screw up anything!
  • Decapitalization
  • Removal of Duplicate Moves: If you've used any Pokemon editor that changes movesets, you've noticed that they tend to have duplicate moves. All of these duplicates have been removed, freeing up 250 moves for use.
  • Pre-Started Compatibility: The flag-extending ASM was applied at offset 0x71A240, meaning it shouldn't overwrite anything you've already added! Everything else takes up no space.

Credit:
Jambo51 for the flag ASM patch
adhdguitar and Wichu for the de-cap and duplicate-move removal patches
diegoisawesome for the D/P font patch
I need no credit

Download
There was an loading issue with the patch, so I'm gonna fix it. Sorry! Fixed!

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Not sure if I'm allowed to double post so if not I'll just edit this to the one above

I made some custom overworlds from scratch for my hack, but when I finished the battle sprite for it I realized that I should never be allowed to touch Paint. Indexed and can be inserted directly into Ruby using palette 5 (and with some minor color editing, can be inserted into FireRed using palette 5 as well). The backside walking animations need editing. The hair doesn't swish around and the step looks too big in-game. Also, you can probably use it for either the hero or the heroine - I realized how girly this guy looks.

8XaHP4Z.png
ybTqdJ6.png
2R7nFN9.png
slEotet.png
cmaAQYP.png
byrBLtC.png
P8ncARX.png

Credit if used, I made that from scratch.

dkp

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Hey yall

Updated my decap patch for Emerald BPEE.

I should have fixed ~99% of the remaining true errors. Some things, sadly, lack elegant solutions. Hopefully, nothing really jarring remains.

I might not be coming back to this for a while (ever), just a heads up. It wasn' t really fun to do and even less is had now that I' ve finished replaying Emerald.

Feel free to improve it yourself - no credit needed here. Just please keep it alive (circulating and getting improved among hackers).

(Helping this page show up in searches: decap decapitalisation decapitalization emerald )

EDIT:

I'm not in a position to be updating this atm. So I'll make a list of known errors for correction (anyone may improve on it freely):

*Electrode misspelled Electrobe
*Gulpin is Guplin
*Milk Drink is Milk Drick.

*Some "endgame" things not properly decapped (notably some Battle Frontier related things and stuff relating to getting the shell bell).

*No elegant solution to EasyChat means weirdness there. Iirc, though, most things have been rendered sentence-initial (so like "Azubuky Vedeglagloli"). Not an exact error.

*-Possible- minor corruption. More likely related to other things I did, though, such as event insertion and shopmaking. Never got a crash at least, even playing on a flashcart. Without the other things I did I got no bag sprite corruption, but with I did. Might be related, might not be.

Use with discretion I guess.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I realized that not very many hackers know about this, so I thought I should post it here, since it is specifically intended for ROM hackers to use.

If anyone is looking for sprites of all Gen IV and V Pokemon, perfectly resized and cleaned up, and assembled into sheets that are ready for use with Wichu's Sprite Editor, then look here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=267728

All Gen IV and V Pokemon are complete. Currently, Gen I, II, and III sprites are being worked on, so then hackers can have an entire spriteset of all 649 Pokemon in a single, unified art style.

Some examples of what's in the thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back