• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Firered Novus ROM BASE

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 29, 2015
the emulator im trying to play it on keeps on crashing why do you have an answer

I dont know if this is a bug, but Bills pc does not work, it only gives a black screen

i agree with you on that , why is it doing that

Perhaps elaborate on it? You followed the steps, but exactly how did you do it. The Alpha wasn't released yet, so....how can you complete the steps for a resoruce not avialable?

i had the wrong patch , and i have the right one now , why is the pc turning to black whenever i try to access it

Last edited by a moderator:

Zef

zef
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
hows this coming along? been checking up on it almost daily

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
Does anyone know if it has physical and special split? If doesn't, can i use a rom patched with the split along with that?

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
Does anyone know if it has physical and special split? If doesn't, can i use a rom patched with the split along with that?

It does, since it uses MrDS'S base. Now 2 things for Jonkane:
1. You can update MrDS's base with the update patches, but do it version by version.
2. It seems that the PKMN don't have TM data and egg moves. I hope you fixed that...

Zef

zef
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
it had the rom and he never uploaded just the .ips
just have to wait for the update, dunno when that'll happen...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Glad this project is finally happening! In fact, I made this account solely for this thread :D
So, it is illegal to link to ROM downloads, but is it possible that someone could email me the ROM or I can get it off of Google Docs? Once the 870 (Or 720) version is done. If not, I understand.
For the inevitable "do it yourself"ers, my laptop is barely alive as it is. I can run an emulator, but that's abut it. I'm completely new to downloading hex editors and stuff, and I doubt such a thing would even be possible on my own computer.
From what it sounds like, the Alpha contains the materials to create new pokemon and add them to the wild, as well as changing teams for trainers and Gym Leaders. That's all I want, really.
If someone wants to whip up a hack with me, I could easily do all the habitat organization and team designing. In fact, I'd love to, I just don't have the resources.
I've been following this all the way since Chaos Rush's old project, and you all seem like a helpful group. Let me know what you all think!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Glad this project is finally happening! In fact, I made this account solely for this thread :D
So, it is illegal to link to ROM downloads, but is it possible that someone could email me the ROM or I can get it off of Google Docs? Once the 870 (Or 720) version is done. If not, I understand.
For the inevitable "do it yourself"ers, my laptop is barely alive as it is. I can run an emulator, but that's abut it. I'm completely new to downloading hex editors and stuff, and I doubt such a thing would even be possible on my own computer.
From what it sounds like, the Alpha contains the materials to create new pokemon and add them to the wild, as well as changing teams for trainers and Gym Leaders. That's all I want, really.
If someone wants to whip up a hack with me, I could easily do all the habitat organization and team designing. In fact, I'd love to, I just don't have the resources.
I've been following this all the way since Chaos Rush's old project, and you all seem like a helpful group. Let me know what you all think!

Asking for ROM links or wanting to have them emailed to you are both against the rules. I would definitely recommend doing it yourself actually, it's relatively easy and something you should know if you're interested in ROM Hacking. Check out this thread on how to patch. If your laptop can run an emulator it can also run a patcher, applying a patch is not as difficult and complex as you think it is.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Yeah so I understand that patching the ROM isn't difficult, but from what I understand that won't actually CHANGE anything, but rather give me the ability to add/change properties in the game. Right?
I have no idea how to do that. I could try to learn, but I'm sure I'll mess it up.

Edit: Never mind, I understand that currently the patch adds in Gen 4/5 Pokemon and moves.

Edit Edit: Okay, so I have everything loaded, I guess. I played the ROM, sprites and names are all updated. Also I have Gen 3 Suite, and I can edit Pokemon data. How do I add them to a route? I can't find any hex editing tutorial.

Edit Edit Edit: Can I edit Trainer teams? I downloaded Advance Trainer but it doesn't seem to work with the new Pokemon. I really want to do stuff but G3HS is always freaking out.

Edit #4: Okay so I found the modded Advance Map, and I opened it in a Hex Editor, and the instructions are "Change "9C 01" to 870". The problem with that is "9C 01" can't be changed to 870. It can be changed to "87 01" but that gives me even LESS Pokemon to work with. Does it mean change it to "08 70"?

Last edited:
Years
Edit #4: Okay so I found the modded Advance Map, and I opened it in a Hex Editor, and the instructions are "Change "9C 01" to 870". The problem with that is "9C 01" can't be changed to 870. It can be changed to "87 01" but that gives me even LESS Pokemon to work with. Does it mean change it to "08 70"?

When reading bytes, the order is reversed so it reads from right to left. So "87 01" is actually 187 in hex which is 391 in decimal. 870 is 366 in hex, so you should write "66 03". Try it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
You know, actually changing it to "08 70" worked just fine, for some reason. Kinda concerning, actually. I wonder if I created some sort of huge underlying problem...
Anyway its SEEMS pretty much playable, I just have to finish up a couple routes, make Oak give you the Nat Dex at the beginning, find some way to fix the Bill's PC glitch, and edit the trainers, and I should be good.
Honestly I've learned and edited so much in a day that it's moving along very quickly.

Edit: Ugh. Alright so A Map no longer opens my ROM, it always just stops responding when I try to open it. I don't know what to do at this point, I guess I'll try and reinstall A Map.

Edit: Siiigh... no luck. I don't know what to do at this point. There's not really much TO do except start over... which I can't do because of A Map.

Edit Again: :D Back on track! As of right now all 720 Pokemon are available ingame... however it's not finished as the cries are all Bulbasaur, Bill' PC crashes the game, and the trainers are still unedited. But I mean, for two days' work, I'm pretty proud of how it is currently. Gonna start editing some sprites because some aren't at the right height.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 2, 2015
SORRY FOR THE QUESTION
WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANY POSSIBILITY OF THOSE OTHER Pokemon will use COACHES IN BATTLE AGAINST BONE AND EVEN KNOW IF IT COULD BE USED ADVANCE TRAINER, APOLOGIES FOR HAND BEFORE BUT I AM NEW TO THIS AND HAVE MANY IDEAS TO MAKE A HACK .. sorry for bad English

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Anyone know how to bypass the evolution issue?
I know why it happens, I just don't know how to disable it without scripting.
I can Hex Edit, if someone can give me accurate instructions.
Also, do we know what's wrong with Bill's PC? I'm kind of afraid I won't be able to fix that, which is pretty gamebreaking.

Important Edit: Okay, it's almost done. As in, the trainers are edited, EVERY Pokemon has a sprite (There are a few without party sprites) I just have to fix those two problems and fill out a few movesets. And then... it should be done! :D
Three days y'all!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
im waiting for new version of MrDollsteak Base and this Base... but if Jonkane is using MrDS baserom so he's waiting for an update too...

if this base is completed with attacks, habilities, etc updated... this will be THE BASEROM... so estoy mecionado y quiero que se termine luego jajaja

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Did anybody find a way to fix the bug with Bill's PC? I really dunno what to do to fix that problem and it's kind of annoying...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Yeah I wish I knew how to fix the PC...
If I did, the hack would be done. (Well, I guess I still have cries to work on, but otherwise it'd be done)
But I'm thinking I might look at some of the hex values on a clean FireRed ROM and try to get the unbroken PC values into the hack, but I wouldn't know where to start with that.

Back