• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2013
I'm totally choosing Chespin. Have you seen that cute little face? I just wanna pinch his little cheeks lol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
The more I think about it, the more I kinda want the starters to be monotype.
But, I would like the dark/psychic/fighting and whatnot too.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I was going for fennikin bt when i heard about it being fire/psy(most probably), i was dissapointed..

I m now just like wtf another ninetales...!!so i m going for chespin if its gonna be part ground..

Guy

just a guy
Years
I think that Chespin will end up with a dark secondary type, so that the Pokemon's secondary types can form another triangle Dark/Fighting/Psychic, since that's a trio of types that some people have been asking for in starters for a bit.

I saw these cool ones on tumblr, the first is fire/psychic and the second is fire/electric!
Spoiler:

I think that they'll do a good job, seeing how the positive the response have been to the starters, or in the end the evolutions will just grow on me.
The more fanart designs I see of the starters, the more hope I have that GameFreak will not mess them up. Loving the Fire/Electric design. I could actually see that working out if I didn't think Fennekin's evolutions might take the Fire/Psychic route so much.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
I'm really hoping their final evolutions make sense to the rest of the line. I don't want something like this happening again:

I'm still trying to figure that one out.

That actually makes sense, though. The common motif throughout is a sea otter with a seashell, which grows from being just a scalchop on the stomach to becoming a giant conch on its head. There's also the theme of a samurai warrior and of using the shell as a blade.

I would actually really like seeing Fennekin become a Fire/Ground type because of Fennec foxes being native to the desert.

I also think that it would make sense to have it follow an ancient Egyptian sphinx theme in its evolutions. Just to, you know, differentiate it from Ninetales.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2013
I know no one who wouldn't take Fennekin! Probably almost everybody would take Fennekin - I hate that! Froakie looks very bad and Chespin looks like a mascot for a read fible in the elementary school!

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
I know no one who wouldn't take Fennekin! Probably almost everybody would take Fennekin - I hate that! Froakie looks very bad and Chespin looks like a mascot for a read fible in the elementary school!

I love Chespin, and my wife loves Froakie.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
That actually makes sense, though. The common motif throughout is a sea otter with a seashell, which grows from being just a scalchop on the stomach to becoming a giant conch on its head. There's also the theme of a samurai warrior and of using the shell as a blade.

I would actually really like seeing Fennekin become a Fire/Ground type because of Fennec foxes being native to the desert.

I also think that it would make sense to have it follow an ancient Egyptian sphinx theme in its evolutions. Just to, you know, differentiate it from Ninetales.
Hmmm... that's really interesting. Thanks for that. Certainly makes me appreciate Samurott a little more now.

Years
I honestly love them all; a huge improvement from last generation.

I will have to see the new gen 6 pokemon as well as evolutions before I can pick one.
However, like most, I am leaning toward Fennikin!

Years

Well, that would be interesting.
A fire/ground would be 4X weakness to water.

I feel like Chespin will be Grass/Ground though.
The origin of the name alludes to Groundhog in the Japanese name.

I don't think that GF would make two starters with ground, but we are talking very presumptuously!

I would then go on to guess that Grass/Ground which is 1X weakness to water would equate to Fire/Steel X1, and lastly, Water/Poison 1X. The fire/steel typing seems to be a stretch though!

(I hope they all just have one type)

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Well, that would be interesting.
A fire/ground would be 4X weakness to water.

They made Marshtomp and Swampert even though that made the water starters 4X weak to grass-type attacks.

Although, the more I think about it, if GF went the route I'm thinking with a Sphinx theme for Fennekin, then it would make more sense to do a Fire/Rock pairing. It's still be 4X weak to water-types, but it'd free up Chespin to become Grass/Ground.

Hmmm... that's really interesting. Thanks for that. Certainly makes me appreciate Samurott a little more now.

No problem. Actually, Samurott is one of my favorite of the starter evolutions period. Although the only final form of a starter that I haven't liked was Emboar.

Last edited:

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years
Nickname time!
Chespin: GreenSonic
Fennekin: Vulpix
Froakie: ugh... actually I have no idea what to name it..
Random, much?
Anyway, froakie kinda looks like it would be a water ground poke and fennekin maybe fire (FIGHTING) psychic or maybe even fire ghost
But if fennekin turns out to b ANOTHER FIRE FIGHTING I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL calm down and deal with it

Did u just insult chespin?!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
If they didn't evolve, I would go with Fennekin. It's design looks the coolest, at least to me.

But, as I think more about it, I can't decide between Chespin and Fennekin. This might sound weird, but, to me, Chespin's design looks like it has a lot of potential for its evolutions to be really awesome, whereas Fennekin has a lot of potential to have its design ruined after evolving. I can't really explain why I feel that way, but still.

Personally, I see Chespin evolving into a Grass/Ground, Fennekin evolving into a Fire/Ghost, and Froakie staying a pure water type.

All I know is that I'm going to be super happy with Chespin if it's evolution is a stronger Torterra. XD
If Chespin ends up with Infernape's stats and Torterra's type, that'd suit me perfectly.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
If they didn't evolve, I would go with Fennekin. It's design looks the coolest, at least to me.

But, as I think more about it, I can't decide between Chespin and Fennekin. This might sound weird, but, to me, Chespin's design looks like it has a lot of potential for its evolutions to be really awesome, whereas Fennekin has a lot of potential to have its design ruined after evolving. I can't really explain why I feel that way, but still.

Personally, I see Chespin evolving into a Grass/Ground, Fennekin evolving into a Fire/Ghost, and Froakie staying a pure water type.

If Chespin ends up with Infernape's stats and Torterra's type, that'd suit me perfectly.
That is so true, I feel the same way with Chespin and Fennekin right now. Chespin just looks like a little warrior! It's awesome! I've seen some cool fanart of him going along a knightly evolution and I like it a lot. And I just love Fennekin.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
You know what would make me mad? If they named Chespin's final evolution "Chesperior". -_- lol

Nah I don't see why they'd repeat the name of Serperior in the generation after it. If anything Serperior almost guarantees that Chespin won't be called Chesperior. XD;

Years
Chespin reminds me of Pachirisu
Fennelin reminds me of Zorua
Froakie reminds me of...Meditite?

I like Chespin. Chespin looks adorable and confident and powerful. It's probably one of my preferred starters. However, until they release information on their evolved forms, I'm undecided.
I hope they're neat.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think I want to take Chespin home! So it'll be my starter. Let's hope that this time around it's even better than Serpy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back