• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Hello! I am in the midst of trying to complete a 'live' Pokedex for the Kalos region and I have encountered a problem of sorts. I can't seem to level my Pokemon up in a timely manner. For instance, Noibat, Tyrunt, and Aurorus are the stinkers that come to mind. Does anybody know a good location with high leveled Pokemon? [Besides Victory Road{XD}] Or trainers that have decent 'mons? Thanks in advance. :)

One other thing you can try is Restaurant Le Wow in Lumiose City. Rotations is best, to let 2 other Pokemon get the full exp of being in the battle without having to worry about them getting attacked. Lucky Egg and Exp O power is very helpful too. The shrooms you get afterwards make up for the high entry fee.

Also moving this into our Q&A thread.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Is it better to purchase a digital copy or physical copy of the game and if DIGITAL, how big in BYTES the files are to be downloaded?

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Is it better to purchase a digital copy or physical copy of the game and if DIGITAL, how big in BYTES the files are to be downloaded?

I always prefer the physical games over digital games because if your devices gets stolen, destroyed, damaged through water or whatever, everything you have is gone, whereas if it's a physical game it's just that one game (yes, I know that you can re download digital games, but look at the apple app store or the google play store, just because some digital programs and games are available NOW doesn't mean they will be available years from now) also if you have a friend or family member that wants to try one of your games you can just lend out the game rather than giving your whole game system. Also, if you start accumulating a lot of games that you no longer play, you can trade them in for credit at some game stores, whereas with digital games, nada.

As for the size of Pokemon, it's not bytes, it's almost 2 GIGABYTES ( http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...phires_file_size_is_a_bit_of_a_pocket_monster ) so that's another reason I prefer physical games, you don't need to ever worry about losing space or needing to buy another SD Card when you want to buy a new game.

Drayton

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
If I purchase and I stopped the download, will I able to download again without buying it?

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
If I purchase and I stopped the download, will I able to download again without buying it?

Why would someone do that? And no, you purchase digital games first and once your payment goes through, then you can download it. (you can't download it first and then pay for it afterwards)

Drayton

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I mean after I purchase, then download starts, but I decide to download later. Will I able to download without buying it?

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I mean after I purchase, then download starts, but I decide to download later. Will I able to download without buying it?

Oh I see, yes you can stop downloading and download it again later, no you can't download without buying because your purchase actually needs get processed before the system allows the download to begin.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Okay, so, wait, I got a Winter Sawsbuck with Serene Grace so I was going to breed a winter form Deerling, however on looking on Serebii it only has 5 moves that use Serene Grace (Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Rock Smash, Bounce and Snore) and 3 of them are special moves anyway, is that accurate or am I skimming over the move pool and missing something?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Okay, so, wait, I got a Winter Sawsbuck with Serene Grace so I was going to breed a winter form Deerling, however on looking on Serebii it only has 5 moves that use Serene Grace (Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Rock Smash, Bounce and Snore) and 3 of them are special moves anyway, is that accurate or am I skimming over the move pool and missing something?

This is accurate, yes. Because of this, Serene Grace is inferior compared to Chlorophyll and Sap Sipper on the Sawsbuck family. Just because a Pokemon has access to a good ability doesn't mean it has the right moves to abuse it.

Drayton

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
If player's pokemon have max affection (level 5) will his/her pokemon able to dodge damaging, non-accuracy moves like Aerial Ace?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
If player's pokemon have max affection (level 5) will his/her pokemon able to dodge damaging, non-accuracy moves like Aerial Ace?

No idea if you can dodge an Aerial Ace in an in-game battle, but Max Affection is ignored in online PvP battles.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017

Nope, moves that can't miss can't miss, regardless of affection, agility, evasion or any other modifiers. The exceptions are two turn moves like Dig, Phantom Force, etc, or moves like Detect, Protect, etc.

Last edited:

Drayton

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
What I mean is.

Moves like Aerial Ace/Shockwave can it miss if my pokemon affection is level 5 (max) [and I'm refering to offline play]

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
What I mean is.

Moves like Aerial Ace/Shockwave can it miss if my pokemon affection is level 5 (max) [and I'm refering to offline play]

As Howmander said before, they cannot miss even if your Affection is maxed out.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Which does more Damage? Frost Breath or Ice Beam? I know the critical hit damage is no longer 100%, but a google search is giving me conflicting information, so places say Critical Hit does 60% more damage (therefore Frost Breath gets slightly more damage while at the same time ignoring defensive stat boosts) but other sites say it only does 33% more damage (making Frost Breath still do less damage than Ice Beam) so which number is accurate? Thanks!

Years
Which does more Damage? Frost Breath or Ice Beam? I know the critical hit damage is no longer 100%, but a google search is giving me conflicting information, so places say Critical Hit does 60% more damage (therefore Frost Breath gets slightly more damage while at the same time ignoring defensive stat boosts) but other sites say it only does 33% more damage (making Frost Breath still do less damage than Ice Beam) so which number is accurate? Thanks!

According to Bulbapedia, Frost Breath has 60 base power, and critical hits do 50% more damage, so Frost Breath is a 90 base power move, just like Ice Beam. Ice Beam is more accurate, and does have the chance to freeze, so Ice Beam is still superior.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023

As of Gen 6, criticals add 50%, or x1.5, however you want to take it. :p

Due to the always critical in Frost Breath, it becomes 90 BP instead of it's normal 60.
So Frost Breath and Ice Beam are the same power, but obviously, one can be more useful than the other during different situations.

I hope this answered your question. :D

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
According to Bulbapedia, Frost Breath has 60 base power, and critical hits do 50% more damage, so Frost Breath is a 90 base power move, just like Ice Beam. Ice Beam is more accurate, and does have the chance to freeze, so Ice Beam is still superior.

As of Gen 6, criticals add 50%, or x1.5, however you want to take it. :p

Due to the always critical in Frost Breath, it becomes 90 BP instead of it's normal 60.
So Frost Breath and Ice Beam are the same power, but obviously, one can be more useful than the other during different situations.

I hope this answered your question. :D

So there's a THIRD number floating around now, lol! :D But I'm glad the actual number was confirmed (people always say Google it, but when you do you get wrong answers anyway! Definitely way better to ask these questions on a message board!) But yes, since they're the same power that definitely makes my decision for me, Frost Breath it is! Thank you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back