The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Old April 14th, 2012, 03:27 AM
RubberKid
Beginning Trainer

Hi guys! i really whanna join this "competative Battling" and i really want to make a team, so far i know what pokemon im using.

Toxicroak:
Ev's On Attack And Speed

RockSlide
Sword Dance
Shadow Ball
Earthquake?

Flygon
Ev's on Special Attack + Special defence

Fire Blast
Dragon Claw
U-Turn?
Substitute

Banette
Ev's on ???

Shadow Claw
Thunder
Toxic
Hex

Levanny
Ev's on Sp Attack and Speed

Leaf Storm
Leaf Blade
Swords Dance
SubStitute

Mamoswine
Ev's on Defence + Special Defence

Earthquake
Ice Fang
Toxic
StoneEdge

And my last pokemon i dont know which one i should use, But i have been thinking of a Sturdy Water pokemon to cover the weaknesses or a Grass one, so far ive been thinking about Ducklett's evoltion ( forgot its name ) since its Half Water Half Bird and would cover its Grass weaknesses.

If any of you have a suggestion for any improvements on the move set or completly changing the moveset OR even have a idea of the pokemon that i should add in Please Take a secound and Post it

Thanks!
Old April 14th, 2012, 04:46 AM
CloudNine
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CloudNine Send a message via Skype™ to CloudNine
I'd say switch Flygon to Physical Attack. EV's should be 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe. Replace Fire Blast and Dragon Claw for Fire Punch and Outrage. Or if you cant get those moves, try removing Substitute and Dragon Claw for Draco Metor and Earthquake. EV's should be 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe. I would consider replacing Banette for a SP.A or a Bulky pokemon, unless you're going for a NU team. Again with Leavanny, I would remove Leaf Storm and replace it with X Scissor. For Toxicroak, if you're going Sword Dance build. Go with Cross Chop, Sucker Punch, and Ice Punch. For Mamoswine, switch Toxic to Stealth Rock and Ice Fang to Ice Shard. He could be your starting Pokemon, so you can place Stealth Rock first. You can always add a Swanna or Crobat as you're last Pokemon.

Last edited by wolf; April 14th, 2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Too late to delete this, so I'm just going to say this: be sure to explain your suggestions. Ask yourself "why should he consider these changes?"
Old April 14th, 2012, 08:25 AM
RubberKid
Beginning Trainer

Thanks, Could anyone sugest a Swanna moveset :D?
Old April 14th, 2012, 08:54 AM
CloudNine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CloudNine Send a message via Skype™ to CloudNine
Swanna // Naive or Rash // 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

- Surf
- Hurricane
- Brave Bird
- Roost or Ice Beam

No problem
Old April 14th, 2012, 09:24 AM
RubberKid
Beginning Trainer

Thanks alot you have been very helpful with my Team Just one more question, Do you know any good resorces for Ev Training?
Old April 14th, 2012, 12:05 PM
CloudNine

Yeah, this is a good guide, specifically for EV Training

EV Training Guide
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:56 AM
RubberKid
Beginning Trainer

im thinking of changing that bannette for a chanderula ( the lamp thingy pokemon ) Is it a good idea? if so do you know a decent move set for chanderula? Thanks alot! you have been amazing hel

-Edit-
Nevermind i got a good set,

252 SpAtk 252 Speed 4 Def

Overheat
Shadowball
Hidden Power
Energy Ball

If theres any Negative things about my Attacks, Please Tell me

Thank you [Serebii Ftw.)

Last edited by RubberKid; April 15th, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:10 PM
CloudNine

Yeah that's a good set, make sure your Hidden Power is Fighting though and no problem. I hope that EV Training Guide helped you to.
Old April 15th, 2012, 03:01 PM
brightbus
Beginning Trainer

Just watch out for Swanna's 4x weakness to electric, being that it's Water/Flying

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links