• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Four time

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
I am just about to take on the Elite 4 in Emerald, this is my team

Swellow - Level 45

Fly
Wing Attack
Quick Attack
Aerial Ace

Lombre - L46

Surf
Absorb
Uproar
Giga Drain

Swampert - L48

Take Down
Mud Shot
Muddy Water
Surf

Torkoal - L46

Strength
Heat Wave
Overheat
Flamethrower

Manectric - L46

Bite
Shock Wave
Thunder
Spark

As you can see, I only have 5 in the party, and I think I need a sixth, I was thinking a psychic type but unsure. I think I also need to do a bit of grinding to up the levels a bit. If you can advise some move replacements aswell that would be grateful :)

11wildy

Me!
Years
Actually, you don't really need a sixth, only a bit more grinding. I'd advide this:

Swellow:
Fly/Aerial Ace
Steel wing
Quick Attack
Return

Lombre (LUDICOLO OR DONT USE IT)
Surf
Rain Dance
Uproar
Giga Drain

Swampert (You can use Swampert to beat Drake and Steven easily.)
Strenght
Earthquake
Ice beam
Surf

Torkoal (Never used Torkoal, but it doesn't seem to have many options)
Strength
Heat Wave
Overheat
Flamethrower

Manectric (Main for Glacia and maybe Phoebe)
Bite
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Spark

In the end you might want to get a fighting type as 6th Pokemon, because they easily beat Sidney and Glacia, as well as Steven.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
I don't think I will get strength on Swampert but by and large, I agree with your choices although I must argue a couple.

Why put Rain Dance on Lombre instead of waiting for Hydro Pump?

Why put return on Swellow?

11wildy

Me!
Years
Rain dance, because it boosts the power of your water moves, you don't need Hydro pump, because you already have Surf, which is more accurate and has more PP. Return on Swellow to have a strong normal type move, Quick attack is a bit weak.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
Rain dance, because it boosts the power of your water moves, you don't need Hydro pump, because you already have Surf, which is more accurate and has more PP. Return on Swellow to have a strong normal type move, Quick attack is a bit weak.

Do you think I should get rid of Quick Attack for return then, instead of Wing Attack?

I have just caught a Ralts and plan on making its final evolution my sixth member, I have also got all my pokemon to level 48 and 49 so we are a bit more rounded. What moves would be advised for Gardevoir/Gallade?

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
You already have Aerial ace, thus you dont need Wing attack, since it's COMPLETELY worse! And Quick attack has it's own niche of always going first, which is nice. I wouldn't advice gardevoir, it will be weak to the first 2 of the elite four, while it can barely hurt the last 1. You're better of with a Machamp or hariyama thb.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
I may just keep with the 5 and grind them into the early 50s, not far from getting those movesets. I think the 5 are pretty well rounded. May leave the Gardevoir till after the E4.

Is there anywhere where you would recommend grinding?

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
Okay pal, thanks for all your help, you have been awesome :D

Back