• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Really getting tired

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
I mean sure i have fallen off the pokemon anime bandwaggon a while back but with the Ash-Grininaja thing happening I thought I really thought now would have been when it finally happened. Ash could just win this.

But we know how that ended.

Heck they could have gone on with the anime by needing ash to go to alola just because of a problem that he needs to fix. With the lack of gyms him being a champion would give him a reason to go not only that but you can only do the whole fight gyms go to championship thing so many times before we get tired of it... and as most of you know that line got passed like 2 regions ago.

Just let him win one darn it. We don't even care about him anymore.

Also on a side note who wants to bet after getting the whole thing he leaves the frog with oak.... when he goes to the next region.

Years
Ash will no doubt leave Greninja with Oak since he always has to showcase the new generation of Pokemon. The question will be how he'll deal with Island Challenges since they're so different to what he's done previously.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Wouldn't he just deal with the Alola Gyms the same way he handled the Orange Island Gyms? The Orange Island Gyms were different challenges than what he was used to in Kanto. He couldn't just battle the Gym Leader. He had to do a surfing contest, target practice, build a sled out of ice (that he had to make with his Pokemon).

Ash is really adaptable to whatever challenge is in front of him. I don't think there will be an issue for him dealing with the Kahuna challenges compared to the standard "just fight the Gym Leader" challenges from the other regions.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Wouldn't he just deal with the Alola Gyms the same way he handled the Orange Island Gyms? The Orange Island Gyms were different challenges than what he was used to in Kanto. He couldn't just battle the Gym Leader. He had to do a surfing contest, target practice, build a sled out of ice (that he had to make with his Pokemon).

Ash is really adaptable to whatever challenge is in front of him. I don't think there will be an issue for him dealing with the Kahuna challenges compared to the standard "just fight the Gym Leader" challenges from the other regions.

Actually, wasn't it stated that there AREN'T any gym leaders in Alola? That would make him challenging them unlikely, even if it's more like Orange Island Gym Leaders. And besides, we really don't know what the challenges will be like, since for all they know, they could be completely different from the Orange Islands types of challenges.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
There aren't Gyms in Alola; I just didn't remember what the official term was in my first post.

At any rate, the Island Challenges might be something that the writers would have Ash do. The few examples given (help a town that's bothered by a Pokemon or collect ingredients) already sound like standard situations that Ash has already been in. He could easily keep that up, fight the Totem Pokemon, and/or challenge the Kahunas.

The gist of my post is that no matter what new feature they'll have in the S/M season to replace Gyms, Ash won't have a problem with it because he's adaptable. He might be confused at the first Island Challenge because he'll expect the normal Gym battle, but he'll get it and be comfortable by the second Challenge.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
It was never implied in the first place Ash would win the Pokemon league. I'll say it again, and I will say this all of eternity: episode titles don't mean anything, and "victory" could have really meant anything. Let's be real.

We don't know anything about the Alola Challenges yet. It could be majorly different than gyms, or be played like the Orange Islands, but who knows? Nothing has really been said yet about the challenges yet. Give this time before mass speculating, seriously.

And of course Ash is gonna send Greninja to Oak. He does this almost every generation, with the exception of Aipom in the Sinnoh region. He always start fresh when he goes to a new region. I don't know why everyone wants Ash to keep Greninja with him Alola when it's very unlikely to begin with.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
It was never implied in the first place Ash would win the Pokemon league. I'll say it again, and I will say this all of eternity: episode titles don't mean anything, and "victory" could have really meant anything. Let's be real.

We don't know anything about the Alola Challenges yet. It could be majorly different than gyms, or be played like the Orange Islands, but who knows? Nothing has really been said yet about the challenges yet. Give this time before mass speculating, seriously.

And of course Ash is gonna send Greninja to Oak. He does this almost every generation, with the exception of Aipom in the Sinnoh region. He always start fresh when he goes to a new region. I don't know why everyone wants Ash to keep Greninja with him Alola when it's very unlikely to begin with.

It's not just the title of the episode, actually. It's the fact that he got to the finals, the fact that his team was pretty much indicated to be better this time around, the fact that he hadn't even beaten Alain yet (they encountered each other twice. The last person to run that streak was Paul in DP), not to mention Alola not even having a league at all. There was a whole lot hinting that Ash was actually going to win the league (in fact, I think it was the first time they made a solid case for Ash actually potentially winning the league since DP where they directly explained the ties between the Elite 4/Champion and the Pokémon League), and yet they utterly blew it. Had it been me writing the show, I'd make sure Ash actually WON Kalos precisely BECAUSE I know there won't be a league in Alola and thus I see no reason NOT to do it, and then have Ash lose against an Elite 4 member just to ensure the show can continue (since DP already made clear that Ash will need to face the Elite 4/Champion BEFORE attaining master).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
Not only the above but if you remember he went up against the reigning champion and did pretty good against her and that was without his perfected ash form. So we are saying that Ash is now most likely better than the champ but alain is STILL better than he is?

Its not even everything that lead up to this point. Its been the same thing for how many gens now? Ash gets 8 badges after random stuff occurs in said gen. Ash goes to League. Ash fights most of the people but looses on the last or second to last person. I mean this is the reason I stoped playing wow because every expansion was the exact same. Heck the only reason I want sun and moon is because its different I haven't played ORAS because its just a reskin of Ruby and Saphire. and I didn't finish x and y because again its the same as pretty much everything before.

Though I am thinking of getting ORAS to start shiny hunting never done that before so its something new.

Years
The thing with Island Challenges is that we only have very vague info about them at best since the trailer that revealed it didn't mention much aside from revealing four of the captains. We could possibly get more info later but other than that, we could have to wait for Sun & Moon's release day to get a definite answer.

Guest123_x1

Just let him win one darn it. We don't even care about him anymore.
If there's ever going to be any future Pokémon Leagues from here on out, Ash won't win those Conferences either. For this, and many other reasons, I'm of the view that the Pokémon anime has become tired and dated and that Ash should be replaced with a new main character. Of course, others will disagree with me, but the practice of repeating the same patterns region after region (not just Ash losing every League but replacing his traveling partners at the start of a new region, Team Rocket, among many other things) got old a long time ago.

Back