• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Apex Version

What should I call the game?

• Peak Version

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Give Ideas In Comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
I like the way this seems to be coming along, hope this is completed !

Also, what format will this game be released inÉ

Thanks for the kind words! At the minute, I'm not sure in which format it will be released as I don't know whether RMXP games can be exported as a standalone program. If anyone could help me with this, or give me some info, that would be great.

Updates!
I mention the other day that me and gimmepie have been working together on each others games. As a result, it was quite inevitable that the games would somehow end up connected. I can now reveal that both the games will be connected some way or another. The most obvious references will come through character appearances and pieces of the story-line. You can visit his thread by clicking the banner in my signature.

More updates will be explained tomorrow.

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
O_o I don't oftenley view the game development area but I noticed our names are almost the same XD I never seen this thread either.

I've never seen your thread either so, if its a copy thing your getting at I have 3 things to say.

• This is complete coincidence. I would never steal a name/idea.
  • You can't copyright a name. You have to get a trademark for that, which costs around $300. You can only copyright materials/ideas.
  • Google it. I'm sure many will back up what I'm saying.

I apologize if I'm getting you wrong.

More Updates! (Check the "Latest" section in the post)

Last edited:
Years
I never really commented on it before but I'm loving the screenshots :D

A note though you should update the one containing the old regional map ASAP (imo).

Edit: I'm going to try and get that artwork to you very soon but I'm yet to have it myself.

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
I never really commented on it before but I'm loving the screenshots :D

A note though you should update the one containing the old regional map ASAP (imo).

Hey, thanks! Yeah thanks for reminding me about that. I would update now but theres a problem with the size of the map and its not filling the PokéGear screen like it should. I'll need to look into that before I update things.

And you can take your time with your game and stuff too. I dont expect you to be super fast with working on stuff for me :P

Last edited:
Years
nice

nice. i love the screenshots. i would love to help people make pokemon games. but im only a senior in high school and looking for a job so i can get money to buy myself a good gaming computer. maybe then i can help. im also planning on going into Game Designing

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
nice. i love the screenshots. i would love to help people make pokemon games. but im only a senior in high school and looking for a job so i can get money to buy myself a good gaming computer. maybe then i can help. im also planning on going into Game Designing

Hey, thanks, the screenshots will be updated soon to include a couple of maps. And actually, I am also only a senior in high school and I currently have a rubbish computer (actually its a laptop) :P I'm looking to build myself a custom gaming computer after my birthday. Where are you from?

Years
I'm from Maine, in the united states. :P computer got fixed but... not good with games anymore (tho it wasnt that good to begin with but minecraft used to work good but not now). hmm.. maybe i can still help. ^^" I'm a bit of an artist. xD hmm... i also saw pokemon idea videos on youtube before black and white came out. Alot of the pokemon had like a dinosaur theme, which i think is kinda cool, i like dinosaurs. lol wow i just came up with an idea for a long pokemon game o.o

Years
man.. what i want to make is like... an apocoliptic version of pokemon. have radiation and mutated pokemon.... or have a game with more... skeletal pokemon... (thats probably due to the fact that i love skeletons.) or like undead like pokemon. X3

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
man.. what i want to make is like... an apocoliptic version of pokemon. have radiation and mutated pokemon.... or have a game with more... skeletal pokemon... (thats probably due to the fact that i love skeletons.) or like undead like pokemon. X3

Ooooooh that seems interesting!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates: Added Maps! Check inside the maps spoiler tag to see them!

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Looks pretty cool. Your maps however are a bit square. I would work on that. Good work though!

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
Updates!

Alpha Release Announcement! Yep. You heard it. I have decided that I will release an alpha demo which will let you play up to the first gym. I have the basic maps ready so all I need to do is tweak the maps and put in the events. NOTICE: I will need someone to tell me how or if I can release the game as a standalone. If you can't do that, can someone tell me the best way to go about releasing it. Thanks in advance.

Years
Alpha Release Announcement! Yep. You heard it. I have decided that I will release an alpha demo which will let you play up to the first gym. I have the basic maps ready so all I need to do is tweak the maps and put in the events. NOTICE: I will need someone to tell me how or if I can release the game as a standalone. If you can't do that, can someone tell me the best way to go about releasing it. Thanks in advance.

as a standalone? what do you mean by that?

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
Basically a .exe that can load the files of the game. I have no idea how people do it though.

I'm not sure if its actually possible with RMXP but I think there must be a way to make a desktop shortcut load the game from a different directory. Maybe by using an installer or something? I'll look into it.

UPDATE: I think I have figured a way to make a standalone. I have created a way to do it via Batch (.bat) I need to take it into further testing for security and fail-proof reasons but I think I'm on to something. I'll update again once I have tested this fully.

Last edited:

EpicJackman

Ace Attorney
Years
I'm not sure if its actually possible with RMXP but I think there must be a way to make a desktop shortcut load the game from a different directory. Maybe by using an installer or something? I'll look into it.

UPDATE: I think I have figured a way to make a standalone. I have created a way to do it via Batch (.bat) I need to take it into further testing for security and fail-proof reasons but I think I'm on to something. I'll update again once I have tested this fully.

Actually the easiest way to do it is:
1. Open the game in RPG Maker (obvious)
2. Go to File>Compress Game Data
3. Check the first box so people who download it can't edit it. Check the second box too if you used anything from the RTP.
4. Upload it to a storage website (I prefer MediaFire).

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
Actually the easiest way to do it is:
1. Open the game in RPG Maker (obvious)
2. Go to File>Compress Game Data
3. Check the first box so people who download it can't edit it. Check the second box too if you used anything from the RTP.
4. Upload it to a storage website (I prefer MediaFire).

I know, I had already looked into that. However, I want to make it look as if there are no files and so it will automatically install. I'm gonna have an automatic installer which will place the files in a directory like My Documents or something and place a shortcut on the Desktop.

EpicJackman

Ace Attorney
Years
I know, I had already looked into that. However, I want to make it look as if there are no files and so it will automatically install. I'm gonna have an automatic installer which will place the files in a directory like My Documents or something and place a shortcut on the Desktop.

Well I came across a program from the ClickTeam called the "Installer Creator." If you don't want to see the advertisement at the end you'll have to buy the full version. You can also make one in Visual Basic,,,

Back