• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favorite Legendary

What is your favorite legendary pokemon?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
My favorite legendary is Reshiram. A really cool looking pokemon and it reminds me of my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh card the Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Hey, gotta change my answer from Zekrom to Entei. I just positively adore Entei, and coming next are his counterpart wildcats. After them THEN I like Zekrom best. But yeah, Entei is so perfectly majestic and beautiful-looking. I've loved him since the beginning.

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
Have many, but my top are
-Groudon/kyogre/rayquaza
-celebi
-latios/latias
-deoyxs
-Darkai (wait...I forgot to vote for him!)

poor shaymin...no one wants to vote for him?

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2013
My favorite out of the Pokemon is Mew and Mewtwo. The reason for that is because in the movie it taught a really valueble lesson about even though they are born different they are still the same. In the other movies if there was lessons to be learned I didnt see them as well as in the first. Mew and Mewtwo have the same DNA but they are similar and different at the same time.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
From each generation:

Gen I: Zapdos (because of its type advantage over the other legendary birds), Mewtwo (one of the strongest Pokemon ever)

Gen II: Raikou (I like its theme in HG/SS) and Ho-oh (same reason as Raikou, plus it's offensively oriented)

Gen III: Kyogre (Sapphire was the first ever game I played), Deoxys (very versatile in battle)

Gen IV: Dialga (Diamond was the first Gen IV game I played), Azelf (it's cute, yet strong)

Gen V: Reshiram (its design looks better than Zekrom's, IMO, plus it has unresisted STABs thanks to its typing and Turboblaze), Genesect (it has a laser on its back)

Years
I have quite a few fave Legendary Pokemon, but here's my notable faves:

380.gif
381.gif

Latias and Latios
I love the designs of these two, and their type combo is pretty sweet. Dragon and Psychic were two types I wouldn't see together but this duo pull it off well with awesome stats all around.

483.gif
484.gif
487.gif

Dialga, Palkia and Giratina
I loved most of Sinnoh's Legendaries and these guys are no exception. I love their epic designs and awesome attacks, not to mention you catch them before the end of the game, which makes them helpful to use against the Elite Four.

480.gif
481.gif
482.gif

Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf
I love those cute, adorable Legendaries too. These guys are so cute and they have an awesome movepool, and Azelf's Nasty Plot makes it turn into a heavy hitter as well.

494.gif

Victini
Oh god I love this cutie! Psychic and Fire were two types I thought would never get paired, but it pulls this combination off well not to mention its cry is one of the cutest ever!

648.gif

Meloetta
Again, I love this one for its cry and also its personality in the anime.

643.gif
644.gif
646.gif

Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem
Unova has some of the most epic Legendaries ever... and this trio of dragons really caught my eye, especially Reshiram.

For some odd reason, my fave Legendaries tend to be either Dragon or Psychic-type.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Regirock is my favourite, although if I have to choose a group it's all of the legendary golems :3 I don't like Regigigas at all, it's a ridiculous Pokémon, but I absolutely adore the original three golems. They're such cool Pokémon and I'm happy to use them in a team because they aren't completely over powered like most legendaries :3 I just think they're really well designed and it's a very interesting concept for Pokémon, so I love them. Specifically Regirock though because it just looks badass xD

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Oh, here we go.

All those years ago, way back in my Silver, I'd went around searching for the single Pokemon, which I so dearly wanted after I had seen it wipe out my my big brother's team multiple times in a battle against one of his friends, and as I at the time at least thought my brother's Pokemon were pretty strong, I thought that was pretty darn amazing. For those curious, (and to actually answer the question), that Pokemon was Lugia. And it's my favourite Pokemon. Period. In all seriousness, even though it was the first Pokemon I even got to see when starting up the game for the first time, I didn't even find it before I had beaten Red, which I'm still pretty surprised over, as knowing me, I usually go legendary hunting as early as possible. Anyways, once I had actually found Lugia, I was not the least bit surprised over how strong it actually were, as from what I mentioned above, someone beat my brother's team, which consisted of well trained, close to level 100 Pokemon, almost on its own. This is just for what I recall, but I'm pretty certain that was what happened lol. But yeah, it came to be the Pokemon I used the most throughout the time I played it, and I had it traded over to my brother's game before restarting to play the story again, as I wouldn't let that exact Lugia go.
I have great memories of using Lugia in my Silver, and though I may not own my Silver anymore, that's not something I'll easily forget.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Ho-oh/Lugia
Latias/Latios
Cresselia/Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus!

My top favorite is Latias. :3

I have good memories catching Ho-oh and Latias. Okay so... I was traveling with my family to the mountains. I remember being at a rest stop area. I had my trusty gameboy color with me. I was on the top floor of Tin Tower and there was the wonderful Ho-oh. I named it Howard after my dad's middle name. Well, I formed a habit of calling a Pokemon some name starting with their first letter (in this case, H). As for Latias, I was surfing west of Pacifidlog looking for the area to dive to start the Regi golem mission. I ran into Latias on the water. I chased her around for about an hour until I caught her using a Timer Ball (long battle!) on the route above Slateport. I named her Lilac!... And I caught many more Latias as time went on.

Mostly, I just love their designs in general and/or their representation in the anime. Except Arceus. His movie was just silly. He's still cool though! XD;

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Ho-oh and Lugia! They're the prettiest of all the Pokemon, their designs are just wonderful. They fit so well with their region, too! The majesty of old-time legends, the look of power... just all of it is wonderful. I love that they put Ho-oh in the first episode of the anime as well, and the entire Lugia movie. Just wonderful. The memories, the feels!

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Moltres :D!

That stunning,beautiful phoneix that caught my eye when I found it roaming in Sinnoh. I've always loved phoneixs, they just seemed beautiful and elegant to me so when I saw Moltres for the very first type,I loved it.

Also it was a unique typing Fire/Flying and could deal some serious damage and I thought it easily outpowered Ho-oh.I've also had a soft spot for the other legendary birds Articuno and Zapdos, their design was something I admired.

Other than that maybe Rayquaza. A sleek,cool-looking green dragon with weird symbols upon it's body?That is what makes an epic legendary.Also it's a big assistance if you catch it before the E4 and find yourself struggling to complete the game ^^.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Reshiram and Zekrom -- the two Kyurems. They're extremely powerful, for sure. Plus, I go crazy for Reshiram.

Agastya

Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Pretty dang hard to just pick one, but it's stuck between Entei, Groudon, Dialga, and Reshiram.

Too bad Entei can't really keep up with the latter three.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Favorite Legendary group? Not the Legendary as an individual right? Well the individual goes to Latias, but then I'd have to say Latios too & he isn't that far up on the list either.

Ho-Oh & Lugia by far. They are both great mystical creatures & very, very powerful. Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire is..well..sacred! & Lugia's Aeroblast is one of a kind. To me, I find these two to be the best guardians among all Pokemon. So...yeah. They're amazing.

Back