• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroxy16

Just a guy...
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2007
changing the whole overworld...wow great idea,but that will cost ya lot of time,but of course to make a good job u need lots of time.

This may become the greatest hack ever,continue so Treecko

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hmmm... I'll see what I can do about your posts with the little time I have, so sorry if the answers are a bit short (and I have to take care of those PMs, but I dont have much time... :()

Hm... In R/S/E, the rematches are listed as separate trainers. When I go into PET, I find that the trainers that normally battle you multiple times are listed several times in the list, and each has the same class and name, but different settings for the Pokémon and items. It should be the same with FR/LG, but I don't know... By the way, do you think you might be able to recreate the cell phone? If you need help with the script, you could try studying the phone scripts from Emerald and see if you can make sense of it.

Yes, I know about that D.L., that's what I've been editing, but still I keep using the VS Seeker, but the leveled-up rematches don't happen. I've read that the level-up happens mainly after defeating the E4, so I'll see if I can figure out something there...

kool this game just seems so awesome hey zel about the puzzles in the ruins of alph will u be able to actually do them yourself or will the game just do it for you again?

I don't consider the puzzle important (it's just a time and brain(mine) waster), so probably all of them will be like the one you mention.

where can i get that treecko ??
in shiny gold ofcourse ;)

Argh! Why do you ask for spoilers? (This goes to the rest of the people who pointed clues to the way of get it, too) Giving spoilers in an in-progress game makes me rethink that I shouldn't add secrets, else they'll all be found by the time the game is finished.
If someone wants to give a spoiler to another person, at least tell him/her: "send me a PM, and I'll tell you" (so you won't play with people's anxieties)

I hate the fact that Grovyle doesn't learn Leaf Blade as early in this game, though v.v;

Huh? I haven't done anything to the moves of the pokes... Or is it that it learns it more early in R/S/E?

The Headbutt Demo Leads to Kurt's Script Part 2 ^^;

Thank you very much for pointing that out!

can u get pikachu yet in shinygold? if so, how?

Well, as it was said, Pika will only be found in Route2. But... how about Pichu? (you never know what I could do...)

ok zel, i found 2 more glitches for you

Dont know if this was already said once,but when you enter Ilex Forest,the shrubs seems to be gone until you step on them,once you move they dissappear again.

First, you should read my Glitches Section in my first post (because I don't think I just wasted my time by writing that long list). If something you want to post is not there, then go ahead and post it.
to Niwa: the grass has that effect intentionally and I won't change it (because Illex's always giving me problems, and right now, it seems to work ok). And about Silver's battle, some people has the problem you say, but some (including me) don't. And, since I don't have that problem, I don't know what to do. I think I'll make his event a little longer (I mean more slow), to see if it fixes the problem.

I'm having trouble of the rematch by using VS Seeker because they don't fight even they wanted to.

Sometimes, trainers will just seem to want a battle, but they wont. You'll only rebattle the trainers you could rebattle in the original Gold.

changing the whole overworld...wow great idea,but that will cost ya lot of time,but of course to make a good job u need lots of time.

This may become the greatest hack ever,continue so Treecko

Uhhh... Wrong thread, Treecko, this is yours...! :laugh:

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2008
pichu!

Hmmm... I'll see what I can do about your posts with the little time I have, so sorry if the answers are a bit short (and I have to take care of those PMs, but I dont have much time... :()

Yes, I know about that D.L., that's what I've been editing, but still I keep using the VS Seeker, but the leveled-up rematches don't happen. I've read that the level-up happens mainly after defeating the E4, so I'll see if I can figure out something there...

I don't consider the puzzle important (it's just a time and brain(mine) waster), so probably all of them will be like the one you mention.

Argh! Why do you ask for spoilers? (This goes to the rest of the people who pointed clues to the way of get it, too) Giving spoilers in an in-progress game makes me rethink that I shouldn't add secrets, else they'll all be found by the time the game is finished.
If someone wants to give a spoiler to another person, at least tell him/her: "send me a PM, and I'll tell you" (so you won't play with people's anxieties)

Huh? I haven't done anything to the moves of the pokes... Or is it that it learns it more early in R/S/E?

Thank you very much for pointing that out!

Well, as it was said, Pika will only be found in Route2. But... how about Pichu? (you never know what I could do...)

First, you should read my Glitches Section in my first post (because I don't think I just wasted my time by writing that long list). If something you want to post is not there, then go ahead and post it.
to Niwa: the grass has that effect intentionally and I won't change it (because Illex's always giving me problems, and right now, it seems to work ok). And about Silver's battle, some people has the problem you say, but some (including me) don't. And, since I don't have that problem, I don't know what to do. I think I'll make his event a little longer (I mean more slow), to see if it fixes the problem.

Sometimes, trainers will just seem to want a battle, but they wont. You'll only rebattle the trainers you could rebattle in the original Gold.

Uhhh... Wrong thread, Treecko, this is yours...! :laugh:

well can u put pichu somewhere near the beginning then zel (looks with puppy-dog eyes)

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2007
Great game, but do you think you will ever get the night/day in it?
I found a glitch, you can go through the shrine in the forest, and when you look down theres a moving arrow.

Last edited:

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
Years
I have played the beta and really it is excelent!
the videos of scripts are great!
good luck with ur great project!

PD: sorry for my BAD english

Blackandy

Rock On!
Years
Hey zel the video of the headbutt trees i the 1st post takes me to "Kurt's Script Part 2". I believe that this is the right video to show off your headbutt trees;)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
About Pichu, I don't know... I'll decide what's best, since this should not be a hack made for a single person.

And, Blackandy, I've fixed the link (I couldn't do it before because when I wanted to, the server went down, and I had so many other things to do) Don't remember if I said this before, but you'll need a poke with Headbutt, so the guy in Illex will give you a Zigzagoon Lv10 (which just happens to know Headbutt, how convenient!)

Well, I have a thing to say. Right now I'm doing a few tests on Emerald to see if it would not be much bother to switch SG to Emerald, because there are so many cool things there. Of course, since I hate most Emerald's graphics, I plan to reconvert them to FR (Christos proved that it's possible). But, since I'm not just happy with putting the whole FR graphics, I may use some tiles from D/P as well, mixing with a few from the original Gold. It should be a pretty good mix. Changing the OW wouldn't be much problem.
The real deal, the scripts, probably I'd have to rewrite or fix most of them. So I'll keep on testing, I'd like to switch to Emerald, though.

Anyway, blame Christos and Treecko, for they have tempted me...! :laugh:

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
About Pichu, I don't know... I'll decide what's best, since this should not be a hack made for a single person.

And, Blackandy, I've fixed the link (I couldn't do it before because when I wanted to, the server went down, and I had so many other things to do) Don't remember if I said this before, but you'll need a poke with Headbutt, so the guy in Illex will give you a Zigzagoon Lv10 (which just happens to know Headbutt, how convenient!)

Well, I have a thing to say. Right now I'm doing a few tests on Emerald to see if it would not be much bother to switch SG to Emerald, because there are so many cool things there. Of course, since I hate most Emerald's graphics, I plan to reconvert them to FR (Christos proved that it's possible). But, since I'm not just happy with putting the whole FR graphics, I may use some tiles from D/P as well, mixing with a few from the original Gold. It should be a pretty good mix. Changing the OW wouldn't be much problem.
The real deal, the scripts, probably I'd have to rewrite or fix most of them. So I'll keep on testing, I'd like to switch to Emerald, though.

Well, that sounds like a good idea, but you've gotten so far already. I like the idea with the mixed graphics, though. And, I believe the scripts are pretty much the same for all GBA Pokémon RPGs, except that the free space is at different hex locations. KUTAW, Zel!

Sharanza

Returning: Platinum Silver
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2007
that sounds cool
i can help you whit palette changing if you want

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
actually,emerald with give him a great advantage due to is RTC,pokinav and many more.a And even an intro(like replacing the the flygon with a lugia).

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Nooooo, don't do it with emerald. You'll have to change many of he offsets of the scripts, change a few of their movements (some are different) and flags.
And you won't even have space for Kanto. You'll have to remake all the maps, add new tiles, palettes and stuff. I say, continue with Fire Red. When you finish, if you want, you can try remaking Shiny Gold on emerald.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Don't worry guys, as I said before, I'm just doing some tests, I'll use this week (and maybe the next one), to see how much progress I could make, if I don't progress as fast as I'd like, I'll stick with FR.
And, changing flags, or movement values is not as hard as to search for new space. I have every single script I made saved so they're pretty easy to edit (fix, in reality). And, I could always liberate some space, since a huge amount of scripts won't be necessary.

Anyway, I'll see what the test results, and decide.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2008
Alright soo I've just started the game and I can tell you that the old man looks away from the sea as he tells you about it, I will post anything I see for I ahve my trusty NOTEBOOK with me.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010

Well zel, Emerald does have some pretty good features in it. I think Emerald is the best ROM to hack, but can you put Kanto in? Test all you can, we support you no matter what bud. And blame Christos, not me. I'm doing Ruby.:P

Years
Lol, if he COULD convert it, that would be pretty kewl, just, dont over uber it, you might get this thread locked, o.o (probably wont happen)

But anyhoo, this is off topic, as Zel is away and cant do anything about it!! Im just saying I made the thread for my game, Final Destiny, you can find it in Games Showcase, and Treecko, uhh... if you hurry, you might be able to still be the first poster!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
wouldn't it be hard to put kanto into emerald and what about the battle frontier will u change that or make that something else entirely?

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2006
Well here's a glitch I guess.... down in the basement in Golderod city, in the big store, I walked towards a boulder. Now the character wont move, and it's stuck. T_T I tried to reset, and turn it off but still wont do anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back