• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprite size doesn't fit the 128 x 128 boundary, is this a problem?

ZKE

Not an ounce of maturity.
Years
I've got a particularly large trainer sprite(and I'm sure several pokemon sprites) that exceed the 128 x 128 boundary in the characters folder, specifically being 150 x 162 after doubling up. Will this interfere with the game? Will he be cut off at the knees or so in-game when battled if he can even be battled at all? I'm completely brand new to using RPGXP and when I tried searching I didn't turn up anything specific.

Years
This is most likely in the wrong place.

As far as I know, trainer sprites can be any size. Pokemon, on the other hand, can be any size but must be square. If it's not square the game will use square-size chunks as frames in an automatic animation.

My information could be wrong, I'm using the Gen VI pack

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Pokémon sprites only need to be square if you're using Luka's animated sprites thing which is part of his Elite Battle System. There is no such limitation in Essentials.

This is most likely in the wrong place.
If you know this to be the case, or even just suspect it, then report the thread rather than post about it. Reporting something just brings my attention to it, and isn't an inherently bad thing. Meanwhile, talking about it in a post is pointless because you can't do anything about it (i.e. move it in this case), it becomes nonsensical once something has been done about it, and there's no guarantee that the necessary person (i.e. me) will actually see it, so what's the use in posting about it? Posting about it like you have is called mini-modding (i.e. citing rules and telling people off, no matter your tone, while being unable to do anything about it), and mini-modding is against the rules. It's spam. Please don't do it. Report and move on.

Back