• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: [FR] Replacing the GameFreak Intro

Mystelex

He used C, just like shiny did. You need a fair understanding of how the game's engine works (which means you need to understand ASM) and you need to be able to code in C. The instructions given here are sufficiently clear if you fulfil the above the criteria.

Oh... Thanks ! I have been learning ASM these days and when I read this tutorial , I found it very interesting. I'll try to do this when I master FBI agent's ASM tutorials.

PS - Have you ever inserted a custom intro into a ROM ?
( This is really interesting !!! )

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Oh... Thanks ! I have been learning ASM these days and when I read this tutorial , I found it very interesting. I'll try to do this when I master FBI agent's ASM tutorials.

PS - Have you ever inserted a custom intro into a ROM ?
( This is really interesting !!! )

Nah, I haven't - I would only insert one if I wrote it :P
I did do a custom Oak intro though, which was also in C.

Mystelex

Nah, I haven't - I would only insert one if I wrote it :P
I did do a custom Oak intro though, which was also in C.

Okay. Um... I just wanted to ask you if you can write the code for a custom intro I wanted to insert into my hack. If yes , just inform me.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 17, 2016
Hi can someone help me.. I don't know how to open .lsc files and .sh files and .c files! Can someone PLEASE help me by telling me how to open these? Help appreciated!
Thank you

Mystelex

Thanks! I'll now try to do it with a Pikachu instead.

Hi, is it possible to completely remove the intro for ROMs other than Fire Red? With hex editing, that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Hey Quag, this is still alive? I mean, the "Making teh code" part.

PS: Great tut!

Back