• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*NU RMT NU*

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
Years
Introduction
I don't know why, but I like the lower tiers more than the higher tiers. Maybe it is because there are many pokemon to choose from or in NU tier are my favorite pokemon (love you Beedrill and Ninetales). So, without further ado, here's my NU team I made and which needs your help:

Making of the team:

charizard.png

Charizard @ Choice Specs

Ability: Blaze

Evs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)

Moves:
-
t_fir.png
Fire Blast
-
t_ftg.png
Focus Blast
-
t_fly.png
Air Slash
-
t_elc.png
Hidden Power Electric

I wanted to build a team around a single pokemon, but I didn't know which. Then I stumbled upon the destructive power of the SpecsZard. This set is very effective and it can destroy many pokemon. Fire Blast makes a dent in every pokemon that doesn't resist it. Focus Blast nails opposite rock and normal types. Air Slash is the second STAB and it is here for the annoying Hariyama. HP electric helps me to damage Moltres and Charizard which would otherwise just roost of the damage, also it can damage water types whose second type isn't ground. It's only problem is Stealth Rock which can hinder Charizard from switching in and out.

My team so far:

pkfrlg006.png

With my specs powerhouse in the team, I needed a pokemon that could absorb incoming water attacks. I searched for a bulky water in the NU tier and found:

quagsire.png

Quagsire @ Leftovers

Ability: Water Absorb

Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk

Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)

Moves:
-
t_nrm.png
Recover
-
t_grd.png
Earthquake
-
t_ice.png
Ice Punch
-
t_psn.png
Toxic

Quagsire is a nice defensive bulky water which pairs almost perfectly with Charizard. It is immune to Water and Electric attacks pointed at Charizard, while Charizard resists his 4x weakness to Grass attacks. The Evs here are for physical bulk. Earthquake is his strong STAB and Ice Punch is for coverage. I could use Stone Edge as the second attack option but I like Ice Punch more.

My team so far:

pkfrlg006.png
pkrs340.gif

My team has quite good synergy so far. All I needed to complete the Fire/Water/Grass core is a grass pokemon and here it is:

jumpluff.png

Jumpluff @ Leftovers

Ability: Chlorophyll

Evs: 252 HP / 10 Atk / 252 Spe

Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)

Moves:
-
t_grs.png
Sleep Powder
-
t_grs.png
Leech Seed
-
t_nrm.png
Substitute
-
t_nrm.png
Encore

I had Jumpluff in my old team as a lead and I liked how it did well. It is the Sceptile in the NU only it doesn't have the raw attacking power. It is a fast SubSeeder which can screw up many pokemon. Sleep something, then use Substitute and Leech Seed and wait for their move. It can safely switch behind a sub without worries. Encore saved me dozens of times. Encoring a stat up, sub or resisted attack makes the opposite pokemon switch, thus dealing more SR damage if I have any. It has good synergy with Quagsire too, resisting grass moves, when Quag resists Ice attacks and is immune to Electric attacks. Charizard can remove opposite grass types from the game, making Jumpluffs sub/seed tactic easier.

My team so far:

pkfrlg006.png
pkrs340.gif
pkrs334.gif

I had the core and I saw that my team was SR weak so I needed a Rapid Spinner, but i wanted that it could set my SR aswel. There are 3 rapid spinners in the NU tier: Armaldo, Delibird, Hitmonchan and Sandslash. Delibird sucks and I didn't consider it even a moment having it in my team (sry Delibird fans). I think Hitmonchan i good only with choice items so rapid spin isn't an option there. And there was the major battle. One being physical bulky and the other being a good supporter with a massive attack stat. And the winner is:

sandslash.png

Sandslash @ Leftovers

Ability: Sand Veil

Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk

Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)

Moves:
-
t_nrm.png
Rapid Spin
-
t_grd.png
Earthquake
-
t_rck.png
Stealth Rock
-
t_rck.png
Stone Edge

Sandslash is the Rapid Spinner of my choice, because Armaldo is weak to SR where Sandslash is immune to it. It can set up my own Stealth Rocks and it can hit hard with its STAB Earthquake. Stone Edge is here for the Ground/Rock combo. There isn't anything more to say about this guy.

My team so far:
pkfrlg006.png
pkrs340.gif
pkrs334.gif
pkrs113.gif

I wanted to start of with Sandslash but then I battled against a certain pokemon and I said to myself: "This is the pokemon I want to lead with":

primeape.png

Primeape @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Vital Spirit

Evs: 252 Atk / 220 Spe / 36 HP

Nature: Adamant (+Atk, - SpA)

Move:
-
t_ftg.png
Close Combat
-
t_ice.png
Ice Punch
-
t_bug.png
U-Turn
-
t_drk.png
Punishment

This is the smogon set with which I don't have a problem, in fact I like it. Close Combat is his STAB which can deal much damage. Ice Punch hits pokemon that resist its STAB, where Punishment is for further coverage. U-Turn is for scouting opposite switches and moves.

My team so far:
pkfrlg006.png
pkrs340.gif
pkrs334.gif
pkrs113.gif
pkrs244.gif

As I have seen in my previous battles, I didn't have a special sponge nor a status absorber. Not a single pokemon could take a STAB Psychic or such and I came to a conclusion:

skuntank.png

Skuntank @ Leftovers

Ability: Pressure

Evs: 216 HP / 40 Atk / 252 SpD

Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)

Moves:
-
t_psy.png
Rest
-
t_drk.png
Payback
-
t_nrm.png
Roar
-
t_nrm.png
Sleep Talk

This is my special oriented tank. It can easily be hit by a status move and then rest it off with ease. Payback can deal good damage because Skuntank will be moving second most of the time. Roar is here to shuffle them and to build up Stealth Rock damage. It lures opposite Earthquakes when Charizard can switch in and easily deal damage.

My team at a final glance:

57.png
195.png
6.png
28.png
189.png
435.png

Last Words:
So here it is my team. I'm open for suggestions and I can change my team members, but Charizard stays.

Tanks Arkeis for the pictures.​

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

NU standards for NeverUsed. It is a tier in competitive battling and represents the lowest tier of competitive Pokemon. Basically, Pokemon that are rarely used fall into NU while more popular Pokemon are in higher tiers like OU and UU.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back