• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Trainer Hilda

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
I wonder what Nintendo was thinking when they came up with the designs for Hilda/White. I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, and this is strictly for Entertainment purposes. But I find it as weird, that out of all combinations they could've came up with...they came up with this..

Last edited by a moderator:

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
Years
Idk, maybe they did that so older kids might play it.
When I can get black(i have white), im going to pick her instead of the boy lol.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
I know aye, I'd like a female character to resemble the one in FR/LG but it really dosen't matter much in my opinion...

Lightblind

For you never shut your eye ~
Years
Originally I thought that a different approach was going to be taken by the developers considering how Summer from Guardian Signs looked a fair amount younger than most of the past playable characters. Hilda proved that wrong for the most part.

To be quite honest I'm not really too fond of her design, though I do find it fitting of the definition of her name (from the Germanic element hild, "battle."). And really her outfit just seems to stick out too much - especially in Nuvema town - or at least that's how I saw it.

I'm a Leaf fan for the most part. Leaf and Lyra are my favorite female playable characters.

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
Years
I laughed harder than I should have at that image. For the most part, I like her and Dawn's design the most out of the playable female trainers.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Not only Hilda Desing, but also Skyla's.
Hilda will be fine with current upper attire, she's just need longer pant.
And Skyla, a pilot in bikini? are you kidding me Game Freak?!

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
Years
I have no idea what they did with hilda but I think they made her more of an teenager than a 10 year old, but I would use hilbert than hilda.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I didn't like her design at all, and she definitely took away from my enjoyment of B/W. Her shorts are just... ugh, so ugly. They definitely need to go back to FR/LG for inspiration on female trainer designs... and I'd love if they made a female trainer with a frilly, cute dress instead of the tomboy style female trainer characters.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
The image was removed. But basically her design was a shirt that slid through her tight little shorts. And they added a vest and a cap.

How bizarre..

Jovi

schadenfreude
Years
  • Seen May 6, 2012
The previous female characters' designs, while I have no problem with them whatsoever, were normal and cutesy. I personally feel that Hilda's tomboy-ish design is a pretty nice change in pace.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
The image was removed. But basically her design was a shirt that slid through her tight little shorts. And they added a vest and a cap.

How bizarre..
I don't really think it's her shirt slid through her shorts; it's her pockets coming out from under her shorts really.
Spoiler:

Just like in the examples above.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
I don't like her like crazy either. Apparently, the formula of 10 years cute girls was better. Hilda....she looks like a busty teenager, it didn't appeal to me that much for some reason. However I was in love like crazy with all the others: Lyra, Dawn, May etc...

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
Years
Hm, I like her design. Yes, the shorts are short but other than that. I really dislike the idea of playing as a 10 yrs old kid, so I think it's only good they made her look older. Maybe she is, at least I imagine her to be about 15 or so. Just my opinion of course.

Lyra's design is still my favorite though!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Hm, I like her design. Yes, the shorts are short but other than that. I really dislike the idea of playing as a 10 yrs old kid, so I think it's only good they made her look older. Maybe she is, at least I imagine her to be about 15 or so. Just my opinion of course.

Well, May didn't exactly look like 10 years old either, and I loved that char. I think my favourite female char will always by Krys though. And I absolutely despise Lyra btw.

Anyways, on-topic, I don't really like her design that much. The colours for one, I can't stand baby pink, and especially not in combination with white. Actually if she'd have the same colour cap as Hilbert, it would make it ten times better imo.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
I actually quite like her design but I don't really like her shorts. The pockets are just... too long? >n<; And her name is weird too. Hilda, seriously? Why did they choose that name? DDD: Touko is hell lot better than Hilda imo. :/

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2015
I actually quite like her design. In fact, I may like Hilda even more than my old favorite playable female character, Kris. Personally, I saw her as a huge improvement after Lyra, who I generally don't really like, and wasn't even aware that Hilda's design wasn't particularly liked by the fandom. :/

Last edited:

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
I thought they made her older then 10?

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013

I must tell you that any protagonist from any game never have their age explicitly stated except the old Red, where his age is 11 years old. So I always assume that the protagonist age can be ranged from 13 to 16. And 15 to 17 for BW protagonist.

Zet

Years
You can blame this so called "horrible" design on western clothing fashion. The only part of that design I don't like is the shorts, but I guess that is marketing to get more teens playing pokemon again.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I really like her design tbh. The male protagonist, oh God there is something that doesn't look right about him. Touko in-game though looks awesome when she's running, lol, defs best female protagonist design imo. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back