• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Am I right in assuming that even though my Lapras is in the one-spot of my team and is switched out to my Golduck to beat the Pokémon, she still receive's EV points? Keep in mind the Lapras didn't attack before being switched out.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Am I right in assuming that even though my Lapras is in the one-spot of my team and is switched out to my Golduck to beat the Pokémon, she still receive's EV points? Keep in mind the Lapras didn't attack before being switched out.

Yes, all the Pokemon involved in a battle receive EVs and EXP even if they were switched out before attacking. Also, a Pokemon will receive EVs even if it's only wearing an Exp. Share and not participating in the battle.

Reactions: T!M
Years
Um...after I ride the ferris wheel with Yancey, will she ALWAYS offer to trade a pokemon? Or will she only trade with me if I've beaten the E4?

It's only after beating the Elite Four.

She'll trade you the following Pokemon, in this order once a day: Meowth*, Wobbuffet, Ralts, Shieldon*, Rhyhorn, Shellos^, Mawile*, Spiritomb, Snorlax, Teddiursa*, Spinda and Togepi. All of them come with their Hidden Abilities as well. If playing as a female character, Curtis will be there instead and some of the Pokemon he trades will be slightly different.

^ Shellos' Form will differ on the gender you are playing as. If playing as a female it will be an East Sea Shellos instead of West Sea.

* These Pokemon will be different if playing as a female. Female players get Mankey instead of Meowth, Cranidos instead of Shieldon, Sableye instead of Mawile and Phanpy instead of Teddiursa.

Years
I've got a question about dream radar for Black 2. I was curious about the demand for certain Pokemon with certain DW abilities. I thought each Pokemon (like all Munnas) have the same DW ability? Anything else I should know about DW/DR abilities?

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Each Pokemon has a different hidden ability. Also people prefer females over males as only the females can pass on the ability. And there are also people who only want the ones directly from the Dream World, Dream Radar, or Hidden Grotto.

EDIT: Er, or were you looking for AdrianD's answer

Last edited:

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I've got a question about dream radar for Black 2. I was curious about the demand for certain Pokemon with certain DW abilities. I thought each Pokemon (like all Munnas) have the same DW ability? Anything else I should know about DW/DR abilities?

I pretty sure there is no difference DR is DW abilities. So there is nothing different

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I pretty sure there is no difference DR is DW abilities. So there is nothing different
I know, that's why I put the slash. Guess I should have clarified I knew they were the same Pokemon.

Each Pokemon has a different hidden ability. Also people prefer females over males as only the females can pass on the ability. And there are also people who only want the ones directly from the Dream World, Dream Radar, or Hidden Grotto.

EDIT: Er, or were you looking for AdrianD's answer
No, I wasn't looking for Adrian's answer. Yours is more along the lines of what I was looking for. So my next question I guess would be, if each Pokemon (ie all Munas from the DR/DW) has a hidden ability, how do you know what each Muna's (or other Pokemon from the DW/DR) hidden ability is? And are hidden abilities & DW abilities used interchangeably?

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Yes they can be used interchangeably. And I just go on a site with information like Serebii or Bulbapedia to figure out if it has the Hidden Ability or not. Though some people here have memorized all the important or useful ones.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
how do i play black 2?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Like a boss.

I know, that's why I put the slash. Guess I should have clarified I knew they were the same Pokemon.

No, I wasn't looking for Adrian's answer. Yours is more along the lines of what I was looking for. So my next question I guess would be, if each Pokemon (ie all Munas from the DR/DW) has a hidden ability, how do you know what each Muna's (or other Pokemon from the DW/DR) hidden ability is? And are hidden abilities & DW abilities used interchangeably?
DW abilities are set to Pokemon. So not everyone has the same ability.
As tabor already mentioned, Serebii/Bulbapedia has list of them under name "Hidden Ability". That's ability you will get from DW.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
I know this has probably been asked before but... I have a 3DS and was wondering what the differences are between B/W vs B/W 2? I completed the White version and was debating if it get Black 2.

Years
I know this has probably been asked before but... I have a 3DS and was wondering what the differences are between B/W vs B/W 2? I completed the White version and was debating if it get Black 2.

I'd be glad to be of assistance, since I've played both pairs of games myself.

Basically, there's loads of differences between Black/White and Black 2/White 2. First, the Unova Pokedex. In B/W, only Unova Pokemon are obtainable prior to the National Pokedex, but B2/W2 has a mixture of both Unova Pokemon and several previous-gen Pokemon. Second, the storyline. B/W's story mainly focuses a lot on N and eventually ends with you catching Reshiram/Zekrom and then taking on both N and Ghetsis as the final battles as opposed to the usual Champion that would be the final boss in the main story. B2/W2's story is much different, and there's also new characters introduced (including new player characters).

Features-wise, it's also different. If you have the original Black and White, you can connect one of the games with Black 2/White 2 using the Memory Link (it does need a second DS though) and it unlocks cutscenes that won't appear without it, and also unlocks N's Pokemon available for capture. Seeing as you have a 3DS, you can also pay a little to download the Pokemon Dream Radar app which gives you some useful Pokemon that you can then transfer to Black 2/White 2, among them include the Therian Formes of Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus.

My recommendation would be get the same color sequel that matches your original one, just because for example, Zekrom is in White and Reshiram is in White 2, but since you'd miss out on the Black version exclusives, you can get Black 2 if you want those Pokemon as well. Also, Black 2 and White 2 on their own have a lot of locations that differ in appearance and layout between versions.

If you're still confused, I'd highly advise reading this post in the 5th Generation FAQ thread, and you'll soon learn that having both the original B/W and the sequels can enhance your Unova experience much better.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
^ Thanks for the response.
I was basically wondering if certain pokemon are only available in either version for example I was never able to come across a Sigilyph. Also how different the layouts were so it wasn't like I was replaying the same game just to catch a different legendary pokemon. But i'll get the second version to keep me busy until the new gen comes out. At gamestop they said I couldnt play B/W 2 on the 3DS but ppl on here say that you can.

Years
^ Thanks for the response.
I was basically wondering if certain pokemon are only available in either version for example I was never able to come across a Sigilyph. Also how different the layouts were so it wasn't like I was replaying the same game just to catch a different legendary pokemon. But i'll get the second version to keep me busy until the new gen comes out. At gamestop they said I couldnt play B/W 2 on the 3DS but ppl on here say that you can.

You can play Black 2 and White 2 on the 3DS, just like with all other Nintendo DS games. You just can't play a 3DS game on an original DS that's all. Also, Sigilyph can be found in both versions in the Desert Resort.

And I have the full list of Black 2 and White 2's version exclusive Pokemon over here.

catroZ

Working...Don't bother me...
Years
Those guys will unfortunately keep blocking your path to Black City (or White Forest) until you've beaten the Elite Four.

And the Skyarrow bridge- will I have to wait until I've beaten the Elite Four to get through it?

Last edited:
Years
zortac said:
And the Skyarrow bridge- will I have to wait until I've beaten the Elite Four to get through it?
Yes, the Skyarrow Bridge and the cities past it (Nuvema, Accumula, Striaton and Nacrene) are only available during the postgame of Black/White 2, along with Black City/White Forest.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Those guys will unfortunately keep blocking your path to Black City (or White Forest) until you've beaten the Elite Four.
There is also a blockage at the east end of Route 16, just like in B/W. The difference this time is that you can walk into the building and step up to the elevator; unfortunately, it won't operate.

Spoiler:

This makes Route 15 the only area in Unova that is only accessible after defeating the E4 regardless of the game played. Of course, because the building to bring in Pokémon from Gen. IV is here, this makes sense. I merely wish, instead of blocking off the area again, that they'd put the guy on a long travel vacation and lock the door. Having a septet of dancing dudes just makes no sense.

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back