Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page [Demo] Pokémon: Legends of the Arena

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 31st, 2015 (03:02 AM).

I'm really digging this game so far, I can't wait to play it completely. The talking Slowking idea...just wow. Although I do want to add, the bottom-right screenshot, I don't really like what that hiker says, we're not that bad. But anyways great game, keep it up!
Old January 31st, 2015 (02:07 PM).

Nature: Brave
A tournament style game is something that I have wanted to put into a hack and I see that you have captured it in here! I wish that nintendo would do something like this to replace the typical "8 gyms" scenario. I think that this game has a ton of potential! I hope to play after further progress is made!

Proud Member of Team Orb
Old January 31st, 2015 (04:39 PM).
Elite Trainer

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ashedragon
One of the better looking games I've seen in a while. Interested in seeing this completed!
Old February 22nd, 2015 (05:12 AM).

I can't wait =(
its a pleasure to play this game ! =)
Old February 28th, 2015 (02:57 AM).
Dev of Pokemon Flare

This game looks very interesting, will be playing it :D

Looking for scripters,mappers and tile inserters (all sort of persons who can help me) on Pokémon Flare.
If you're interested, feel free to leave me a VM/PM
Old February 28th, 2015 (10:13 PM).

Although it may not mean much, here are my thoughts after playing the game.

First let's get the criticism out of the way...On second thought the only real critic I can throw out is the fact that the sandstorm weather condition follows you everywhere after the desert stage.

On the other hand, I've greatly enjoyed the new arena based challenge and interesting choice in available pokemon. I never thought I'd use a quagsire ever but this game endeavors to prove me wrong. The humor's good, the dialogue entertaining, and the plot mysterious. I look forward to seeing what this game has to offer.
Old March 1st, 2015 (04:51 AM).
Developer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Shiro No Kishidan:
Although it may not mean much, here are my thoughts after playing the game.

First let's get the criticism out of the way...On second thought the only real critic I can throw out is the fact that the sandstorm weather condition follows you everywhere after the desert stage.

On the other hand, I've greatly enjoyed the new arena based challenge and interesting choice in available pokemon. I never thought I'd use a quagsire ever but this game endeavors to prove me wrong. The humor's good, the dialogue entertaining, and the plot mysterious. I look forward to seeing what this game has to offer.
Did you get a game over in the sandstorm route? It's a bug that I'm aware of that I'm struggling to fix. To get rid of the weather condition just go back to the sandstorm route and leave through one of the exits, it'll neutralise it.

And glad to hear that you enjoyed it! Am making slow but steady progress on the next chapter so will post here when there's more to play.
Old March 1st, 2015 (02:59 PM).

Thanks for the quick reply. I will be getting rid of that sandstorm post haste.
Old April 6th, 2015 (12:01 PM).

Love the plot, sucks that you can't play as a female against your sister but eh. First time I ever felt bad for defeating someone (Max the asshat) and the tournament nstead of gym thing definitely made the game more challenging and entertaining. My main gripe is that you don't have a list of what pokemon are where, it would really help in team building. Especially if theres a gible in the desert *hint* *hint*
Old April 7th, 2015 (03:03 AM).
Developer

Quote originally posted by TrainerSarah:
Love the plot, sucks that you can't play as a female against your sister but eh. First time I ever felt bad for defeating someone (Max the asshat) and the tournament nstead of gym thing definitely made the game more challenging and entertaining. My main gripe is that you don't have a list of what pokemon are where, it would really help in team building. Especially if theres a gible in the desert *hint* *hint*
Yeah, I would've liked to have given the option for a female protagonist but I'd practically have to re-write the entire game. And I'm going to get around to doing something like that, there's a bit of info on the wiki about Pokémon you can catch in Route 01 and Route 03 but that's about it. If only I had unlimited free time...
Old April 7th, 2015 (05:58 AM).

Looks pretty nice! :D
Old April 11th, 2015 (06:26 AM).
Developer

Oceans, jungles, volcanoes and more in the latest chapter of Legends of the Arena!

Coming soon...
Old April 12th, 2015 (04:41 AM).

Yeaaaaaaaaaah ! This week its very speacial weeks! GOT season 5 and now the Final chapter of pokemon legend of arena !
Old April 13th, 2015 (12:29 AM).

A demo only, huh? What does that imply? Only a few hours of play? Not much to do?
Old April 13th, 2015 (05:45 AM).
Developer

Quote originally posted by slk95:
Yeaaaaaaaaaah ! This week its very speacial weeks! GOT season 5 and now the Final chapter of pokemon legend of arena !
Well it's not the final chapter, it's Chapter 6, and there are going to be 3 more chapters after this. And I'm afraid it won't be coming out this week - I don't have a date of release, I just know it'll be soon.

Quote originally posted by Lord Bear:
A demo only, huh? What does that imply? Only a few hours of play? Not much to do?
The demo covers about half the game, so from my experience it clocks in at about 8-10 hours of gameplay.
Old April 14th, 2015 (07:01 AM).

Quote originally posted by WackyTurtle:
Well it's not the final chapter, it's Chapter 6, and there are going to be 3 more chapters after this. And I'm afraid it won't be coming out this week - I don't have a date of release, I just know it'll be soon.

The demo covers about half the game, so from my experience it clocks in at about 8-10 hours of gameplay.
How exactly do unfinished/demo Pokefangames work? You try to use the passageway/building to the other town/forest and you're greeted with a black screen or a message pops up "NOT DONE! Come back later!"
Old April 16th, 2015 (12:03 PM).

Quote originally posted by Lord Bear:
How exactly do unfinished/demo Pokefangames work? You try to use the passageway/building to the other town/forest and you're greeted with a black screen or a message pops up "NOT DONE! Come back later!"
Correct - there are Wailmer blocking the way! Lousy Wailmer.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links