• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Liquid Crystal Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2016
Erm, wondering: isn't there any place I could trade with FRLG etc?

P.S, wonderful game XD

Edit: umm, I just read the Walkthrough a bit. And I also thought about a great solution for the trade thing. But a question - will it be possible to evolve the gift-starters (both of Kanto and Johto)? Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
well in the next beta there will be places you can trade and battle through the link. also you can evolve the johto and kanto starters too :P in the next beta.

link

Years
Lol.
I'm playing this for the 13th time, and yet I'm still not bored of playing it.:P
Btw Laz i don't think you've noticed this, but there are some sprites without scripts.
Good luck on it!

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
Ok so heres my problem I found an invisable bad egg in box 1 of the pc and moved it by mistake and when i went and fought the red garydos it looked like it was starting normal but then when the screen was black it froze but the music was still playing so are the bad egg and red garydos conected or something?

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2012
Lugia???

i'm trying to get lugia but i'm having some trouble...

i go into the bottom right whirl island like it says on the guide, but then it says go down the waterfall. THERE IS NO WATERFALL!!! (not that i can find at least...) please help me out :)

PS - i do have the silverwing...

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2016
well in the next beta there will be places you can trade and battle through the link. also you can evolve the johto and kanto starters too :P in the next beta.

link
Oh, totally awesome! May I request that you'll add the Ruby/Sapphire stones too, possibly as an Orange Islands event, to save time while trading? XD Thanks in advance.

And for the HGSS thing, I think it's very reasonable to play this one even when those games will come out; they 99% won't have Orange Islands IMO, and unless god above makes it happen, they'd never have the Team Static events and all the new stuff in this game...i`d also like to have a GBA representation for G/S/C, and fan-made hacks/remakes/etc always have some common pros over normal games ;p (and cons too lol).

Plus, we most likely won't catch Suicune so easily in the remakes (it's not a Crystal remake), and they'll only come in English in a few months or so.

Some answers:
CCWing00 - i`ve just looked for it in the Pokemon Location FAQ, apparently it wasn't implemented to the game yet. Probably because (as far as I remember), you could only catch it in the Bug Contest, though this function is not supported yet.
klinkdawg - I've just went to check it, I entered from anywhere possible I think to the While Islands and I have that thing too. There's probably a bug or something, I also couldn't find any videos, and I found those for other legendaries.

Oh and I forgot I have a question too:
Since I haven't encountered the other legendary beasts I can't tell, do they really roam around Johto (and Kanto or only Johto?)?

Oh IMPORTANT EDIT: Found the solution for Lugia - it's the UPPER right cave, not the bottom right. Once you enter it, jump off the upper ledge, take the ladder, surf, go down, go down the waterfall, take the upper land below the waterfall and then go up the ledge. Surf up, Lugia is there. I could make a video if it's really necessary, but it's quite easy.

Last edited:

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
hey in the tm dig game you can walk on the back walls on the right side and from there you can walk way over to the left where you can try to dig for tms but a weird text shows up insted

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2010
this hack is dope. probably the best hack i've ever played. i like how long it is keeps you interested and all the battles although some sprites look weird like charizard and golem idk personal opinion i don't really dig em. there some glitches like you can't use your bike on the first orange island and in that city with the first gym you can walk on the water small glitches that can be fixed. Great hack. Keep it up. I can't wait for the final product.

DoodleZ

Wild Trainer Appeared!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 13, 2015
Argh!
I just finished Lance and untill now i forgot to use Regular Saving
So when i saved now it says "Save Error Please exchange the memory backup" or something like that.
Luckly I had an Emulator save right before Lance.
The Problem is that to continue the game after Lance you have to start the rom over and click Continue, which i obviously dont have since the Save Error thingy.

Anyways , Is there a way to fix Save Error without starting a new game?
Is there a way to fix Save Error at all?
I dont really care if i'll have to start a new game because i just did half a game..

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Mind if I ask how the work on the next beta continuing? :)
I mean if it'll be released before HG/SS? :)

Well the work is progressing steadily actully. im not planing to release before or after HGSS. it will be released when its ready :P

Lol.
I'm playing this for the 13th time, and yet I'm still not bored of playing it.:P
Btw Laz i don't think you've noticed this, but there are some sprites without scripts.
Good luck on it!

xD thats good to know. all errors will be fixed for beta 3. btw this is a help thread not an comments thread xD. Comments are always welcome though of course.

Ok so heres my problem I found an invisable bad egg in box 1 of the pc and moved it by mistake and when i went and fought the red garydos it looked like it was starting normal but then when the screen was black it froze but the music was still playing so are the bad egg and red garydos conected or something?

well the bad egg glitch i haven't investigated yet. i have no idea what causes it. no idea what happens if you move/release it. so i dont have an awnser really.

Where do I find the black glasses?

I think in dark cave somewhere. not 100% though.

i'm trying to get lugia but i'm having some trouble...

i go into the bottom right whirl island like it says on the guide, but then it says go down the waterfall. THERE IS NO WATERFALL!!! (not that i can find at least...) please help me out :)

PS - i do have the silverwing...

i will make a video showing how to get there soon. maybe today or tomorrow. not sure.

Oh, totally awesome! May I request that you'll add the Ruby/Sapphire stones too, possibly as an Orange Islands event, to save time while trading? XD Thanks in advance.

And for the HGSS thing, I think it's very reasonable to play this one even when those games will come out; they 99% won't have Orange Islands IMO, and unless god above makes it happen, they'd never have the Team Static events and all the new stuff in this game...i`d also like to have a GBA representation for G/S/C, and fan-made hacks/remakes/etc always have some common pros over normal games ;p (and cons too lol).

Plus, we most likely won't catch Suicune so easily in the remakes (it's not a Crystal remake), and they'll only come in English in a few months or so.

Some answers:
CCWing00 - i`ve just looked for it in the Pokemon Location FAQ, apparently it wasn't implemented to the game yet. Probably because (as far as I remember), you could only catch it in the Bug Contest, though this function is not supported yet.
klinkdawg - I've just went to check it, I entered from anywhere possible I think to the While Islands and I have that thing too. There's probably a bug or something, I also couldn't find any videos, and I found those for other legendaries.

Oh and I forgot I have a question too:
Since I haven't encountered the other legendary beasts I can't tell, do they really roam around Johto (and Kanto or only Johto?)?

Oh IMPORTANT EDIT: Found the solution for Lugia - it's the UPPER right cave, not the bottom right. Once you enter it, jump off the upper ledge, take the ladder, surf, go down, go down the waterfall, take the upper land below the waterfall and then go up the ledge. Surf up, Lugia is there. I could make a video if it's really necessary, but it's quite easy.

The stones will be implented already meaning you can trade to RSE straight away. no sidequest to get them :P. also the dogs run wild around johto only. that includes outside mt silver too. the encounter is random and they are available after you release them from the tin tower suicune event.

this hack is dope. probably the best hack i've ever played. i like how long it is keeps you interested and all the battles although some sprites look weird like charizard and golem idk personal opinion i don't really dig em. there some glitches like you can't use your bike on the first orange island and in that city with the first gym you can walk on the water small glitches that can be fixed. Great hack. Keep it up. I can't wait for the final product.

thanks for the opinions but this is a help thread. this should of really gone in the thread (if it was open) or in a VM. but thanks xD. sprites will be changed for beta 3.

how do i get tyrogue?
probably a stupid question

you get it where you get it in crystal, Mt. Mortar.

Argh!
I just finished Lance and untill now i forgot to use Regular Saving
So when i saved now it says "Save Error Please exchange the memory backup" or something like that.
Luckly I had an Emulator save right before Lance.
The Problem is that to continue the game after Lance you have to start the rom over and click Continue, which i obviously dont have since the Save Error thingy.

Anyways , Is there a way to fix Save Error without starting a new game?
Is there a way to fix Save Error at all?
I dont really care if i'll have to start a new game because i just did half a game..

unfortunitly the only fix know is to start a new game :S. its a pain i know but its the only way. soz

link

hamguy4456

Heracross fanatic
Years
I've been searching the threads (and google) as to where i can find a scyther, but with no luck. Can anyone help? (I also checked the wild pokemon locations thread/document)

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2016
I've been searching the threads (and google) as to where i can find a scyther, but with no luck. Can anyone help? (I also checked the wild pokemon locations thread/document)
You simply can't catch it yet, i'm pretty sure you or someone else asked and I said that. Regularly you caught it in that Safari-like thing after Goldenrod, but that competition is not active in this beta.

I have 2 suggestions for you:
1. Take a FR rom if you have one (I bet you do cause you play that game through IPS lol), and take your SAV file there (AKA, if your Liquid Crystal's sav is named 'liquidcrystal.sav', turn it into 'firered.sav' or w/e your FR rom is called).
Now either go catch it there or trade it from another FR save if you have one.
IMPORTANT: ONLY SAVE THE GAME, WHEN SWITCHING IT INTO FR OR BACK TO LC, IN A POKEMON CENTER IN KANTO, WHICH IS IN A FLYABLE CITY. Or else you won't be able to get out and it'll get messy. It might be messy anyways, but just get out of the door and get back in.

2. Wait for beta 3, link confirmed you'd be able to trade there anyways, and I bet he'll implement the competition there so you could catch it anyways.

Edit:
Link, I also have a question to you for you, if you don't mind I ask - how long will beta 3 go for, in terms of the cities/gyms in Orange?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
linkandzlda my game froze when I was in saffaron city basment of team static where zeal told something and i whent to my pokemon swithed herracross for cacturne
and it froze

ProClifo

The Village Pirate Cat
Years
how do i get tyrogue?
probably a stupid question
With me, it hatched from the first egg I got from the Day-Care Man. You will get one for free, without raising Pokemon there.

Hey, I got a question. What happens if I delete Whirpool? How do I get it back?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back