• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2009
I am getting an error message when I try to play any version of pokemon that says "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed."

What does this mean and how do I fix it?

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
I am getting an error message when I try to play any version of pokemon that says "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed."

What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Options>emulator> savetype> flash 128k

next time please search the forums, as it was already answered multiple times.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2009
Options>emulator> savetype> flash 128k

next time please search the forums, as it was already answered multiple times.

Thank you very much! I also apologize for my ignorance, I did not realize that option would effect this problem.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
well I took a theme from emerald and put on fire red it seems like it has been changed but then I played the song on sappy,and instead of playing sappy has quited and I had to reopen it,is that OK or not?
also how to change the trainer\pokemon battle music,lots of people was asking for it and no one answered....

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Is there a way to search for specific scripts? Like say I want to change the surf script to make it so that you need waterfall to surf instead, how would I go about finding it? Is there any program in which I could type "would you like to use SURF?" find the text, and then find the whole script offset?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Tried it. I tried it in two ways (probably not the right ones).
1- I take my original rival sprite and convert it in 16-bit with Irfanview. I take the 16-bit sprite and paste it on the BLUE sprite. Results: Same problem as before.
2- I paste my original rival sprite on the BLUE sprite. I save and convert it in 16-bit with Irfanview. Results: Worse than before. All the colours are screwed up. None match and there is no transparency.

What did I do wrong?

Fact is you're pasting your sprite over another. Don't do that.

Is there a way to search for specific scripts? Like say I want to change the surf script to make it so that you need waterfall to surf instead, how would I go about finding it? Is there any program in which I could type "would you like to use SURF?" find the text, and then find the whole script offset?

You just need to find the text. Any hex editor that support tables will do.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Tried it. I tried it in two ways (probably not the right ones).
1- I take my original rival sprite and convert it in 16-bit with Irfanview. I take the 16-bit sprite and paste it on the BLUE sprite. Results: Same problem as before.
2- I paste my original rival sprite on the BLUE sprite. I save and convert it in 16-bit with Irfanview. Results: Worse than before. All the colours are screwed up. None match and there is no transparency.

What did I do wrong?
Is the new sprite in the same palette as the old one?

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
can someone tell me what are the color offsets of those sprites in hacckmew's APE?
here:
2ij163n.png

2qda3nr.png

I really need it....
please insert the sprite and do a screen shot of the offset

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2011
When I'm playing on visual boy advance, and I reach a certain point in the player freezes and the screen just scrolls when I try to move the player. Can someone explain how to fix this?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
When I'm playing on visual boy advance, and I reach a certain point in the player freezes and the screen just scrolls when I try to move the player. Can someone explain how to fix this?

What VisualBoyAdvance version are you currently using?

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2021
i cant make a single signpost script that works. in theory it should. i placed it over the right place, i set everything right, i even open it on XSE before playing the game but i press A and nothing happens. here's what i wrote (got this from another website's tutorial)

#dynamic 0x00000CC

#org @something
message @welcome 0x6
end

#org @welcome
= Welcome to Sabrina Town! Just when you thought \nthings couldn't get weirder.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
i cant make a single signpost script that works. in theory it should. i placed it over the right place, i set everything right, i even open it on XSE before playing the game but i press A and nothing happens. here's what i wrote (got this from another website's tutorial)

#dynamic 0x00000CC

#org @something
message @welcome 0x6
end

#org @welcome
= Welcome to Sabrina Town! Just when you thought \nthings couldn't get weirder.

Please refer to the Script Help Thread.

Its says the version is "1.8.0-beta3"

And wat game are you playing? Does it happens with other games?

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2011
It happened before with my hack of pokemon ruby. This time it was a hack of pokemon firered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back