• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Naturelocke Challenge

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
STAB = Same Type Attack Bonus, it's a competitive term for attacks same type as the user :) For example let's say you find a Rattata with Tackle. It's Tackle is more powerful than your Squirtles because of STAB :)

I hope this explanation was clear enough.

Ah thank you very much, i'd never heard the abbreviation before until recently, right then i can start my challenge knowing this :)

Okay so ive made a start, i dont think i've ever been this careful on pokemon in my life! I think i got the absolute best nature type for my starter in relation to the challenge though. And congratulations readers, you have the honour of being my trainer's diary!
Badges:
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png

Team:
Spoiler:

The fallen:
Spoiler:

PC:
Spoiler:

Journal Entries
Spoiler:

-----
Edited above with badge and team progress update

New journal entries:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
This looks pretty badass, I might come back for a shot once I complete the game on normal first.

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
--- Edited 23rdth march for update --
am i the only one still doing this?
Game: SoulSilver
Badges:
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png
50px-Hive_Badge.png
50px-Plain_Badge.png
50px-Fog_Badge.png
50px-Storm_Badge.png
50px-Mineral_Badge.png
50px-Glacier_Badge.png

Team:

feraligatr.png
Neon lvl 39
M|Gentle|Torrent|@Rufus's Shell Bell
Slash|Crunch|Surf|Ice Fang
golem.png
Rumble lvl 34
M|Hasty|Sturdy|@Nothing
Headbutt|Eathquake|Rock throw|Rock Polish
girafarig-f.png
Daisy lvl 37
F|Rash|Inner Focus|@Nothing
Psychic|Double Hit|Stomp|Assurance
vulpix.png
Nina lvl 35
F|Hardy|Flash fire|@Nothing
Flamethrower|Payback|Safeguard|Will-o-wisp
tauros.png
Lucus lvl 21
M|Sassy|Anger Point|@Nothing
Horn Attack|Iron tail| Rest|Pursuit
voltorb.png
Orben lvl 23
Genderless|Adamant|Soundproof|@Nothing
Spark|Rollout|Screech|Light screen

Pc gang:
Spoiler:

R.I.P:
Spoiler:

Journal Entries:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
Years
Final update! Got through the Locke, without failing! I'm pretty proud of myself since this was a tough run.

Spoiler:

The Final Team:

Spr_5b_608.png

Nitrogen the Lampent, lvl. 50 @ Spell Tag Adamant Nature
Shadow Ball - Will-o-Wisp - Imprison - Flame Burst

Spr_5b_618.png

Xenon the Stunfisk, lvl. 51 @ Expert Belt Adamant Nature
Muddy Water - Mud Bomb - Thunderbolt - Bounce

Spr_5b_560.png

Copper the Scrafty, lvl. 54 @Balckglasses Bashful Nature
Brick Break - Crunch - Work Up - Strength

Deaths: 16
Boxed Pokemon: 7

I had fun, maybe in the future I'll do another one!

JelloItUp

Challenge Accepted
Years
Good to see an awesome Locke-Challenge like this still active. ^^

Username: JelloItUp
Game: LeafGreen

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Might give this one a go on Volt White 2. Probably a suicide mission but I'll roll with it.

Just editing this post completely, and gonna do a first update. Just because I've had a number of close calls already, from risky switches, so just opting to use the Switch battle system instead, which also removes the problem of the Adamant nature.

What berries can't a quiet nature eat btw? Just realised how very vague these rules are, although still interesting.

Username: hedger
Game: Volt White 2

Update 1​

The journey was to begin, a long rough one it would turn out to be, but one I looked forward to. To join us on our adventures was Dutch, the Adamant Tepig. The decision was a pretty simple one, the only Unova starter I had yet to use. Dutch took down Hugh's Oshawott, and afterwards that little pig seemed on top of the world.

Onto our first route, we had our pokeballs and our journey was about to start. A wild Starly appeared in front of us shortly after, and I immediately wanted to capture it. Dutch didn't seem to like that idea, and seemed pretty set about killing it. But in the end he held back, and listened to me, allowing to capture the Starly, now known as Chirpy due to him being of a very Quiet nature.

Chirpy seemed content to let Dutch lead the way, although doing his work when asked to. A Rash Primeape was the next pokemon to join our team. I did not inspect the little monkey's gender before deciding to name HER Chuck, a little oops moment on my behalf but once the pokemon adapts to the name you call it first, they don't go back.

Our team seemed to get along pretty well, there seems to be a little bit of a clash between Chuck and Dutch at this stage, but they've set aside their differences. All was fine until the first gym battle, our first real test.

We had trained up to level 12-13. Dutch had reluctantly stepped aside for Chuck to open the fight. Cheren sent out his Minccino, who was no match for Chuck, who Karate Chopped him to death. Chuck wanted to continue and made a deal out of it when I wanted to send out Dutch. It seemed like Dutch and Chuck would take each other out, but in the end Chuck gave way, with Dutch's natural confidence winning out and he was allowed to fight.

His Lillipup spent too much time trying to set it up, and by the time he had looked like he'd be able to take down Dutch, he had already slammed into Lillipup with two strong tackles, taking him down. With his team already having a definite strategy in setting up for some strong attacks, it was essential to take care of his final pokemon as quickly as possible, and so Dutch reluctantly gave way for Chuck to finish the battle we started. The opposing Munchlax was a little stronger than his previous pokemon, and did some damage to Chuck, who restored the damage from his Oran Berry, as did the Munchlax. With the battle still in the balance, I ordered Chuck to go all out, and she delivered the final blow, the Munchlax not able to match Chuckie's speed, and the first badge was ours.

The journey will continue, as we look for that second badge, and more additions to our team that I'm liking so far. Hopefully Chuck isn't too frail, and can take a hit or two. And I apologise to Chuck for all the times I accidentally call her a guy.

The Team:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Edit: Well we just got wiped out at the second gym, probably should have done some more grinding but oh well. That kinda sucked. I do want to play on this game though so that's it for me for the challenge for the moment. Might play on a different game sometime later.

Last edited:
Years
Alright, I'm on Victory Road in my own Naturelocke as of now! This challenge has been a wild ride for me. Some natures have been pure luck; others have been pure suck. I will begin writing after the run is complete.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 10, 2016
Seems like an interesting challenge. Count me in!

Name: The24thm
Game Emerald

TravelerTrainer15

Name: Hayden
Game: X

Progress:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

TravelerTrainer15

I may have to cancel this challenge in X, since apart from that, I only have B/W2/HG, and none of those to my knowledge have Caterpie, Weedle, and Pidgey available early on for a Tri-Species. I'll move this one to White 2.

Name: Hayden
Game: W2

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
Ooh! glad to see this is still going! I plan on continueing my challenge this week. Been in the middle of moving house and stuff so everything i own is in boxes. got settled into a temporary 2 week home atm so i might have to go rummaging for my soul silver on my day off tomorrow :D

Years
I got a new computer! :D Also, I finished my Naturelocke. I might try finishing up a few more of my projects before writing this, but oh my god, I can tell you that I ended up with a killer final team. I had SO much fun with this challenge! I'm really glad that I made it, and that you people are enjoying it. Adding everyone!

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
I'm almost there! Thought i'd do an update now that im on the boring training grind on the way to the pokemon league
Badges:
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png
50px-Hive_Badge.png
50px-Plain_Badge.png
50px-Fog_Badge.png
50px-Storm_Badge.png
50px-Mineral_Badge.png
50px-Glacier_Badge.png
50px-Rising_Badge.png

Team:
feraligatr.png
Neon lvl 48
M|Gentle|Torrent|@Shell Bell
Slash|Crunch|Surf|Ice Fang
girafarig-f.png
Daisy lvl 41
F|Rash|Inner Focus|@Nothing
Zen Headbutt|Psychic|Stomp|Assurance
golem.png
Rumble lvl 38
M|Hasty|Sturdy|@Nothing
Strength|Earthquake|Rock Throw|Rock polish
vulpix.png
Nina lvl 38
F|Hardy|Flash Fire|@Nothing
Safeguard|Will-o-wisp|Payback|Flamethrower
tauros.png
Lucus lvl 33
M|Sassy|Anger Point|@Silk Scarf
Horn attack|Iron Tail|Payback|Zen Headbutt
tentacruel.png
Sally lvl 32
F|Bashful|Liquid Ooze|@Nothing
BubbleBeam|Waterfall|Whirlpool|Acid
PC gang:
Spoiler:

RIP:
Spoiler:

Diary Entries:
Spoiler:

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
Finally have internet again, been picking at this challenge here and there since grinding is a bit meh, but had a minor setback, my vulpix was killed so ive had to starter training a low level... also refuse to face the elite 4 without most of my team lvl 45 minimum. This will be fun :)

Years
Ok, I was kinda nervous about reviving this, but Necrum has given me the all-clear! I'm sorry again for not being active. On the bright side, a changelog! I've been doing a few things to the front page recently. Some involve the rules, and some are just aesthetic changes. Anyway, here's what's changed:

• The text color that used to take up the entirety of the nature description got pretty obnoxious. Now, check out those pretty little bullet points on each side! They keep the color coding without being an eyesore.
• A few rules are now optional. These rules are in green.
• Timid 'mons are no longer afraid of Poison-types, but Bug-types have replaced them.
• Bold and Brave Pokemon have a new rule! If they are sent out against a Pokemon with a type advantage, they will stay in and fight. Idea credit to Arrow-Jolteon of Pokemon Crossroads.
• Quirky Pokemon will soon have a list of possible quirks. This is currently a WIP, but once it's up, you will use an RNG to determine which quirk your Quirky 'mon has upon catching them. Thanks again, Arrow-Jolteon!
• A few clarifications on the front page, plus a few exceptions to the rules to make the challenge fair.

Any feedback? Should I fancy up the front page with a color scheme or spoiler the huge rule list? If you have anything to say, I'd love to hear it!

In other news, I'm beginning to work on my Storylocke. It will be called Back at the Start, and I'll post a link to it here once I finally get it up on ZetaBoards!

Back