• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My OU Team Plzz

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2015
One of my personally better teams I made on my own (doesn't really mean much though), but suggestions are always welcome.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

I normally lead off with this unless it's a sun team or other circumstantial reasons. Outstanding defence let this guy take plenty of different things. I generally lead, get a Spikes or 2, then switch and save it for something to counter or if he's trying to set up on me I'll use Whirlwind (which really should be expected, but since people still try to do it, I'm not complaining).

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Dragon Claw

A freaking beast is what this guy is. Outrage is a monster, and it's able to take down Dragonite thanks to Mold Breaker. I Scarfed him to outspeed his normally speedier Dragon counters like Salamence, Latios, Latias etc. Having the highest base attack in the metagame is a privilege and because he can now outspeed things that I mentioned before, he really is something else. Dragon Claw is for a quick attack so I can switch out after a use rather than be forced into Outrage.

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 152 HP / 180 SAtk / 176 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute

Since plenty of Steel types will counter Haxorus without breaking a sweat, Magnezone is a great partner to have. HP Fire is to take out guys like Ferrothorn and Scizor. Also because of Magnet Pull and most steel types generally not having an answer to Magnezone, I can set up Substitute and get a Thunder Wave on them quite easily. Outside of countering Steel types, it has a nice amount of bulk to take hits.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

A great Special wall. Earth Power hits hard, especially with a Storm Drain boost. I chose Ice Beam over Scald to deal with Dragon types and things like Gliscor. Plus having 2 resistances is always cool.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Grass Knot

#1 candidate for a replacement. It has Magic Bounce, which is unrivaled but it doesn't sweep as well as I thought it would. I had a Life Orb on it, but it couldn't really handle it and the extra power wasn't helping. It's also pretty impossible to set up a Calm Mind with it and have it live for more than a turn with the boost (or in general for that matter). I used to have HP Fighting on it, but I swapped that out for Grass Knot since it kept getting outsped by Gengar. I want to use this thing, but idk if I can so if someone could help me out there, that would be much appreciated. If anything I love Psyschocking Blissey.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge

This set surprised me. Not investing much of anything into attack is something that most would assume to be a problem, but with max Special bulk and a way of boosting defense and attack, this guy is unbelievable. I can come in on many things and start setting up Bulk Up. After that, it's attack becomes the power it should normally be and it rips through teams. I love this guy.

I know the descriptions are kind of pitiful but whatever you guys can do to help me out would be great. I'm looking for a rating of what I have, suggestions to improve, and what I should do with Espeon. Thanks in advance!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Since B2/W2 are released, you might as well make use of their move tutors (assuming this team is for Pokemon Online or Showdown!).

On Haxorus, Superpower is the better option over Brick Break, obviously because of its higher power. The Attack and Defense drops can be fixed by switching. Another option to consider is Aqua Tail for use against Rain teams.

You can consider Ice Punch on Conkeldurr so that it can hit Gliscor and either of Landorus' formes hard.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2015
Thanks. I'll make the necessary changes. I'm still debating whether to keep Espeon as my primary special sweeper.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Change Dragon Claw by Dragon Dance on Haxorus and put surf on your Gastrodon

no DON'T.

Dragon Dance would be useless as he's running a Choice Scarf on Haxorus and Gastrodon doesn't need Surf since it isn't running an offensive set.

Back